- Paperback: 198 pages
- Publisher: Northern Lights Publishing (October 18, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0984140301
- ISBN-13: 978-0984140305
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.4 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,802,766 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Reading Virtual Minds, Volume I
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top Customer Reviews
Evolution Technology ("ET" for short), is the technology behind Reading Virtual Minds. The scenes you're remembering? ET makes them possible. All of them.
To sum up the book, "The human brain is wired in a specific way and is bound by the rules of that wiring. Anything which can't be attributed to direct cause and effect of that wiring must be unique to the individual using the computer [or any object]."
Age is unique.
Gender is unique.
Emotional engagement is unique.
Excitement is unique.
Frustration is unique.
Confusion is unique.
The threshold required to reach any of those emotional states is unique for each individual, and that barely scratches the surface. The list seems to be limited by the number of times someone asks "Can ET ______?".
The answer? Yes. It can. Further, Evolution technology is small, fast, and works with any human/object interface.
Re-stated so you don't miss that. It applies to -any human/object interface-.
* Education: Imagine being able to know the learning potential of any student in the classroom, and the moment any get confused.
* Education2: PCs (or iPads): Imagine eBooks that tailor themselves to the way your brain learns, so you can instantly recall what you read six months earlier.
* Human Resources/Management: Imagine live measurements of every departments' staff satisfaction level.
* Marketing: Imagine knowing which pages of your website bored your visitors before they decided to leave.Read more ›
The book is mind blowing... especially the experiments that Joseph has implemented on different websites. At every page you find yourself saying out loud "Ohh Common, that can't be real!" just that at the next page everything is explained and becomes common sense. While many web analytics and behavioral targeting books out there are rather about cookies, numbers and statistics, for Joseph everything is about people. That's why this book was so different than anything I have read so far.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great read by the brilliant and ever irreverent Joseph Carrabis.Published 22 months ago by Chett Rubenstein
While this book shows a history of one guy's exploration into a certain kind of AI, and his opinions about doing business with folks interested in his technology, the book doesn't... Read morePublished on November 23, 2010 by CJD
As a friend and counsel for Joseph, I'd have given him 5 stars for selling an alphabetical listing of his personal library, so understand I have a bias here. Read morePublished on April 7, 2010 by Todd A. Sullivan