- Paperback: 198 pages
- Publisher: Northern Lights Publishing (October 18, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0984140301
- ISBN-13: 978-0984140305
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.4 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (9 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,911,947 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Reading Virtual Minds, Volume I
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is mind blowing... especially the experiments that Joseph has implemented on different websites. At every page you find yourself saying out loud "Ohh Common, that can't be real!" just that at the next page everything is explained and becomes common sense. While many web analytics and behavioral targeting books out there are rather about cookies, numbers and statistics, for Joseph everything is about people. That's why this book was so different than anything I have read so far.
Through the teachings in his book and other publications, Joseph has taught me to better appreciate the hidden messages communicated by others in their body language, word choice, and emphasis. And he has taught me to better understand the messages I am communicating. And it is that unintentional communication that is always the most honest. If you want to better understand what people are communicating, if you need to have your message heard, I'd encourage you to read Joseph's work.
As you get to the end of the book it becomes clear that ET in the wrong hands could be a bad thing. Yet, it's exciting to think of all the positive and good uses for this sophisticated technology. The book really sparked my imagination and I can't wait for volume II!
Evolution Technology ("ET" for short), is the technology behind Reading Virtual Minds. The scenes you're remembering? ET makes them possible. All of them.
To sum up the book, "The human brain is wired in a specific way and is bound by the rules of that wiring. Anything which can't be attributed to direct cause and effect of that wiring must be unique to the individual using the computer [or any object]."
Age is unique.
Gender is unique.
Emotional engagement is unique.
Excitement is unique.
Frustration is unique.
Confusion is unique.
The threshold required to reach any of those emotional states is unique for each individual, and that barely scratches the surface. The list seems to be limited by the number of times someone asks "Can ET ______?".
The answer? Yes. It can. Further, Evolution technology is small, fast, and works with any human/object interface.
Re-stated so you don't miss that. It applies to -any human/object interface-.
* Education: Imagine being able to know the learning potential of any student in the classroom, and the moment any get confused.
* Education2: PCs (or iPads): Imagine eBooks that tailor themselves to the way your brain learns, so you can instantly recall what you read six months earlier.
* Human Resources/Management: Imagine live measurements of every departments' staff satisfaction level.
* Marketing: Imagine knowing which pages of your website bored your visitors before they decided to leave.
* Business: Imagine an alarm clock that reminds you of what you're doing every time you get distracted.
* Medical/Behavioral: Imagine diagnosing neurological & psychological disorders over the web.
* Automotive: Imagine your car recognizing you by touch, and your seats adjusting without controls until they sense you're comfortable.
Evolution Technology isn't just a dream. It's here. Today. Working. Many of my colleagues and I have used it and been amazed (and sometimes humbled) by the insights it provides. New ET-based tools seem to pop up in the NextStage Knowledgeshop every month - presents for the endlessly curious.
Like a cloud, ET has the potential to bring peaceful and refreshing mist, and it has the potential to bring oak-shattering lightning. NextStage tools' license agreements retain the right to refuse anyone in order to prevent harmful outcomes. Regardless of how it's used, however, Evolution Technology exists, and its existence will change your world.
As I said, I'm barely scratching the surface. Reading Virtual Minds, dimmed by its marketing-esque cover, heralds an age where our environment, our books, our possessions, understand what we need before we can ask for them. It also heralds an age of prejudices that have never before been possible. You owe it to yourself and those you care about to read it and explain it. I personally bought ten copies for family and friends.