|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $2.00 (25%)
Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price set by seller.
Ready to Die (An Alvarez & Pescoli Novel Book 5) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 433 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 5 of 6 in To Die Series (6 Book Series)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Left To Die
2. Chosen to Die
3. Born to Die
4. Afraid To Die (Selena Alvarez/Regan Pescoli)
5. Ready to Die
I started this series in 2008 with Left To Die and was hooked straight away as I'm sure many fans of Lisa Jackson were. This is another well-written story with lots of suspense, mystery, romance and murder.
A killer has targeted six people that he plans to kill, one by one. As prominent members of Grizzly Falls are being bumped off Pescoli and Alvarez turn the tables on the killer. In a surprising twist, Pescoli's search for the killer leads her to someone she knows.
This is a roller-coaster of a story and had me on pins and needles more than once. In my opinion, as what a review is, it's a very good book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did reading the advance reading copy. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.
Bestselling and award-winning author,
I loved this series when it first began, but I do not see myself picking up anymore because I just dont like wasting my money on a book that is just going to make me angry at its fluffed up story.
I have read hundreds of books in tons of different genres. One of my favorites is the mystery/suspense group. But only if a few conditions are met:
1. The hero/heroine MUST be flawed. I detest reading about some perfect person who lives in the perfect house with a perfect dog, the 2.5 perfect children, the perfect spouse who drives the perfect car with the perfect life. I want someone who has been down in the trenches, who has had bad stuff happen to them and they have dusted themselves back off, sworn to never make that same mistake again, only to make that same mistake again! I guess I could have said just a regular person. But what fun would that have been?
C. I would really like it if I couldn't pick out the killer. If I can pick out the villain in the first couple chapters, I get very angry and refuse to read the book for 10-15 minutes while it's in time out and had time to think about what it's done. I'll probably finish the book ... but I will probably not read from that author again anytime soon.
4. The word of the day is: twistyturney. There have to be lots of twistyturneys in the book. Mandatory. OR ELSE (dun dun DUUUUN) <-- Imagine scary music.
Okay, if all of those conditions are met, then that makes a happy reader (me). So. The question is whether Lisa Jackson met those criteria and the answer is ABSOLUTELY!
It has been too long since I have picked up a Jackson book and I really regret that now. I feel like I have missed out on a great series and now after the mountain of books that I have to read is a bit smaller, I'm going to pick up the rest of the To Die series.
While there are quite a few characters, I felt like I knew where all of them were coming from.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not quite done with this book yet but I am so into reading it I have a hard time putting it down!!! Awesome read!!!!!!!!!Published 25 days ago by Tiffany Shierts
Enjoyed the intrigue and the characters. The doubts, fears, anxiety, and strong will of each character came through in Technicolor.Published 2 months ago by Sally
I was disappointed compared to the fast paced, suspenseful other books of Lisa Jackson. The plot was good but she got too bogged down in repitition of feelings, emotions and fears.Published 2 months ago by meggie
Love the characters! Love reading books by this author and this series.Published 2 months ago by Stacey R
Most revealing of the "die" books. Kept you guessing through all the characters involved. Liked getting to know Alvarez and Pescoli so much more.Published 3 months ago by Marge
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense