Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on November 29, 2013
Pros: Sturdy, does awesome job, looks stunning,
Cons: While it's easier to work with than a full camera bag, I'm still lazy enough to think it's an amazing pain in the rear to snap it open it to take photos. Don't even ask about changing the battery.

BUT, I still use it and like it. It's just good to be aware before you buy that it's vintage design, with no 21th century zip on/zip off.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 6, 2013
This is a gorgeous case and fits my Nikon P7700 perfectly. The look is a bit retro (in a very good way). The quality of the leather is very good for the money.

The case provides excellent protection for the camera: I feel confident that my camera would survive a modest drop in this case.

The case is essentially two pieces. The bottom part attaches to the camera by screwing into the camera's tripod screwhole. You can leave this part on the camera even when you're using it. The top part is bigger, covers the entire camera, and snaps on to the bottom part of the case; the top part removes fairly quickly (1-2 seconds) when you need to take a picture in a hurry. I should note that I have a UV filter (just for lens protection) and a lens cap on the camera, and the case fits just fine with them on.

In addition to these two pieces, the case comes with a matching neck band (made from matching leather), which replaces the larger/wider neckband that comes with the P7700.

The inside of the case is a bit soft and won't scratch the camera at all.

The case does not include any pockets for accessories, such as an extra memory card, battery charger, etc. As a result, the case is less practical than others you might be considering. What I suggest, and what works well for me, is to use this handsome leather case when I'm not traveling, and to use a more practical case (like this very nice and inexpensive one Case Logic SLMC-200 Compact Systems Camera Case (Black)) when I am traveling and need those accessories very handy.
on March 4, 2013
I use the case for storage but found myself removing at least the "flap" when out taking pictures. More times than not, I also removed the "body" portion as well because it makes the camera heavier and gets in the way when changing batteries and mounting on a tripod. We're planning a trip to Europe and the entire case is staying home so the camera can more easily fit into my camera backpack.
on April 1, 2014
I bought this camera case for my Nikon Coolpix 7800. It fits the camera just fine. Be aware that this case doesn't have space to store spare batteries or memory cards. It is intended to protect the camera, which it does. I have a LowPro camera case that I carry in my backpack that can store the camera in the leather case, my spare batteries and charger, and my extra memory cards (it keeps everything together). When I'm out shooting during the day, I carry only the camera in the leather case and a spare battery in my Columbia shirt pocket. The case is my from good quality leather. I really like it. It reminds me of the leather case on my Leica film camera (that I don't use anymore). One other thing. You can't use the tilt-out feature of the LCD screen with the camera in the case (you can use the LCD screen when flush with the camera back). This doesn't bother me because I use the electronic viewfinder.
on March 13, 2013
I purchased this case for the P7700 based on the several glowing reviews and my good memories of the cases from the 50's / 60's. However, after only a few minutes after putting it on my camera, I decided to return it. "Ever Ready" is a poor choice for a name as the design, unlike those from camera cases in the 50's / 60's, does not make the camera ever ready to use the camera. The way the case top is attached to the bottom opens in such a way that the top either has to be removed entirely to use the camera or left dangling in such a way that the lens is partially covered - opposite of those functional retro cases. The case does not fit the camera very well. The bottom portion does not fit in a tailored manner around the camera grip. And the top portion seems to be cut crooked and is too bulky with too much space between the case and the camera, especially on the top and the sides. It offers little to no protection from dust and moisture, and I suspect little protection if the camera is dropped. As far as looks, it's okay, but not a well tailored look like the cases from 50 years ago. On the positive side, it is a good idea and the quality of materials is good. The execution of the idea falls way short.
on November 6, 2013
I love this case and I hate this case. I rated it 5 stars, because it does not claim to be more than it is. It is a very cool, all leather case that exactly fits the camera. The reason I don't like it is that exactly nothing else fits in it, and there are no compartments or room for anything else. If you are just carrying the camera, and shooting with a fully charged battery, this case is really nice looking and I would expect it to protect the camera in a modest fall or bump. If you need to pack a battery, a charger, a filter, an extra flash, then the case you will probably buy to carry all of that might hold this case inside.

Since it screws into the bottom of the camera in the tripod mount, the bottom must be unscrewed to remove the battery and the memory card. This is really not an issue one way or the other, since removal is trivial.

The case I was shipped arrived with some smudges, which appeared to be marring of the surface. I washed it off with a clean damp cloth, and these were just extra glue smudges from the process.
I am keeping this case, since like I said, it looks great, smells like leather, fits the camera, and serves a purpose. I also bought another case to carry all the paraphanalia that goes with the camera when I am traveling.
on November 27, 2013
Old style all leather case just like the one I use to have for my old Leica 35mm camera. This case not meant to do anything, but protect the camera and it does that very well (no place for extras like a spare battery of SDHC card). For the money I have never seen a better camera protector.
on November 26, 2013
I just received the case and from first impression, I love the retro look and feel. Looks like it will provide adequate protection to the camera when not in use. The leather is sturdy and thick enough with ample space for the camera and lens cap. The only drawbacks:

1) You cannot remove the card or battery without removing the bottom part of the case.

2) You cannot use the tilting screen without removing the "body" part of the case.

The case includes a matching leather strap. The strap looks nice but I will probably stick with the NIKON Strap.

It will take a little getting used to using the camera with this case but it should make an interesting conversation piece.

Also the case came packaged in a velvety drawstring pouch, nice touch!!
on February 27, 2013
I received this case about two weeks ago. The quality of workmanship on the leather is excellent. It fits the camera perfectly. I also placed a UF filter on the lens and the fit was still excellent. Other reviewers have questioned the ability to access controls on the camera rear because there is no picture of the camera/case rear. All the camera controls are available from the rear. Others have questioned the case opening to the rear and being in the way of accessing controls and the viewfinder. I think that may be a personal preference since having the case open to the front might make it difficult to balance the camera. The case does cover the access to the connection to the cable used to download pictures to a computer and access to the battery. If you need to change the battery or the SDHC card, the user must take the case off the camera. I am delighted with this purchase.
on August 2, 2013
I use this case for my Nikon p7700 w/ a circ polarizer fitted to the lens. The case nicely covers my camera and provides satisfactory protection; enough so that I leave my camera's lens cap home (although the case does accomodate both the CP filter and lens cap). I really like the retro look, it reminds me of my Dad's old Kodak Retina IIIc. I give this case 4 stars instead of 5 because of the snaps; it would be perfect if I could access the camera by simply unsnapping 1 snap instead of 2 to let the top cover fall forward. Instead, the current design requires me to unsnap both side snaps, a bit inefficient for the way I wish to access my camera. Other than this, it's a great case for my p7700.