Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ReadyPrint T20 Direct Thermal Printer - USB Interface - Monochrome - Receipt Print
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 11, 2014
Simple...

Uninstalled my POS 5870 cheapo
Installed the drivers for this printer
Open the printer options and turned on open cash drawer before print
WORKS!

Nothing in the world couldn't work out any better than this product. Prints super fast! FYI, don't expect to have the POS/esc commands in the manual because it tells you that it's not open to the public but not like google can't fix that.

WINDOWS 8 COMPATIBLE!!! SO YES, IT WORKS WITH EARLIER VERSIONS
The printer comes with a few extra pieces... Kick them to the side as they are not needed BUT USEFUL
Includeds USB printer cable and everything else
Prints up to 80mm
USB ESC/POS COMMANDS but i have to find my correct programming language to use it (java/jscript/PHP) I don't know if I can Use VB on my custom pos system but if anyone knows me, i will figure out and will work...
Uses the RJ12(Phone Jack) plug for Cash Drawer and it's PIN2 if anyone is wondering and Secondary is PIN5
This one I didn't see the secondary plug in unless you use a splitter or what not, never seen a use for two cash drawers for one POS system but it's capable.

Great quality
Even the sample receipt paper comes taped and wrapped!
To the point easy software installation
Ignore the paper instructions, it will take you for a ride just to see that all you do is put the paper in and be done with it.

You don't need to screw around with the extra settings, just turn on the cash drawer before/After print and be done. All of that coupon set up, barcode stuff on there is good but is best to use within your software development for better control but it too is useful. I use code 3-9 and scanner picks it right up for my transaction numbers. Now you do have programming options to setup the cutter and all of that but for those needing something fo there store on a quick, serve my customers base, this is by far the best and a heck of a lot cheaper that the t88 models by which I don't see any difference by any means

Acts as a regular printer, you install it, and print whatever you want to it and it automatically scales it down to the margin on the printer paper and done deal(No need to go around playing with settings) NOTE: CHROME STILL LIKES TO USE 2 MILES OF THE PAPER SO I DONT KNOW ABOUT CHROME AS MY POS FRONT END. I USE FIREFOX OR OPERA)

Like I said the only issue im having which is not the printers fault is me utilizing the ESC/POS commands but I was having that issue with my other printer simply because I don't program in C# and VB.Net(ALTHOUGH IT HAS SOME SAMPLES FOR VB6 FOR THOSE WHO STILL USE VB6!!)

If you want something quick, easy, ready to go, no bs'ing around, reliable and good quality and just print on the fly without the messfull setup ... BUY IT.
on December 4, 2013
I have purchased several of these and they have been working well so far (on windows 7 PCs with POS software). There seems to be a very slight delay before the job is sent to printer. These should work well for small to medium businesses where the print volume is not very high.
on July 17, 2014
Really solid receipt printer. Less expensive than 90% of the machines in its class, but it holds its own without an issue. Installation was slightly more involved than other reviewers had let on (it helps to know which port you're connecting this through), but overall it was still pretty simple to get working. Just make sure that you don't have an old version of the Epson receipt print driver on your computer, as this can cause the installation to fail.
on October 16, 2012
This is by far the fastest printer I have worked with. This printer is setup with our Microsoft POS and works flawlessly time after time. The only thing I have to worry is putting the thermal paper in right. The setup was simple enough using the software it came with and a basic USB cable. I love how efficient this Printer has made our bussiness and will defenetly buy more as my bussiness grows.
on November 27, 2015
It looks like a great receipt printer so far but so far it isnt user friendly. I think I. need to download some type of better directions the tutorials on Youtube Do Not sure how they assembled and use the printer they just show the receipt they made so they are not very helpful.
on December 24, 2013
This thermal printer is an awesome value for the price of others out there if you run a small business. I have had it for over three months now with no problems whatsoever! FABULOUS highly recommend and it works great with Windows 8.
on July 20, 2016
I have two businesses and both of them use these T20s, they are super fast printers. No more dealing with off-brand junk. This printer is the real deal and the auto cut works every time. I would purchase again for sure.
on August 13, 2013
I've been using the printer for about a month. It's fast as anything, we absolutely love it. Setup was pretty smooth too-except it comes with a logo printing tool which I made the mistake of using. I decided not to use the logo and had to completely remove all drivers to get rid of the logo. Don't use it, and you'll have a great experience!
on October 9, 2013
Like the features of the printer like the wider rolls of paper that it takes and the fact that you can put your own logo into memory so it will print on your receipt.
on May 1, 2016
Worked right out of the box. No hassle. I purchased this one and another Esky model that was a real lemon. Accidentally sent one of several messages meant to address the Esky unit problem to the POS Megastore for this Epson. POS were quick to tell me their 30 day policy was up and to talk to the hand. No 60 day, no 90 day, 30. Beware-- if you have any issues, address them early because after 30 days these guys are done with you.