Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2010
This belt is really nice for several reasons.

First, It's just like an adult belt in that it's wide, so it doesn't tip or sag when the tools are in it. It's made out of a fake leather, so it's sturdier than fabric.

Secondly, it really fits a kid's waist. My son is five and it works on him. He loves it and wears it everywhere. I've also put it on my daughter, who is a very tiny size 2T and it adjusts to her waist as well. (We did have to slide off one of the hanging loops, though.)

It holds all of the tools that come with it and there's room for more. The tools from the other Real Construction sets fit into the loopholes as well, with the exception of the saw. There are two roomy pockets made of mesh fabric for holding the tape measure, which is accurate in measuring, as well as extra screws and nails. All of the Real Construction tools are pretend tools that work in a similar fashion to real tools. They won't hurt kids. They are made of plastic.

This kit does contain some tools, but it doesn't contain any "wood."
on January 18, 2013
My son loves "helping" daddy fix things around the house. SO when he got this belt and realized he could carry all of his tools around as he followed daddy he was in heaven. It is worn regularly. Not sure how long the belt will last as the material is a cheap "pleather" where the clip goes into the holes. Also, my son is almost 4 but is super skinny so this belt slides off of him even on the lowest setting. Despite those two things, we have nothing but love for this product. Lots and lots of enjoyment and for the price, you really can't beat it.

Pros:

The flashlight is kid safe - meaning it doesn't hurt your eyes when your 3 year old shines it in your face... that's always a good thing!
The measuring tape has to be rolled up so it doesn't snap back and hurt little fingers
The level actually works
VINE VOICEon May 16, 2013
I bought this tool belt set for my grandson who is about 2 and a half. He loves the idea of tools, and was walking around the house putting rulers, blocks, and anything that seemed like a tool in the side of his pants. It was pretty funny, because the "tools" always fell through to the floor and he would bend over, almost trip, and then start the process again!

The set has several play tools and the belt is substantial... In fact it would be better after maybe another half year's growth. But he liked it a lot! I would recommend it for kids that seem inclined to be Tim the Tool Man!
on January 9, 2014
This is a perfect belt for a little guy or girl who wants to work on things with their tools! We bought it for our 20 month old when his sister was born as the present he got when he came to visit her in the hospital. It has lots of holes in the belt even enough for his tiny waist and nice big pockets that he can easily get things in and out of. The tape measure only goes out two feet which is fine since I have to roll it up for him every time. My only complaint is that the flashlight is not bright at all…its a very dim yellow glow that is sometimes even hard to tell if it is on. Overall I would recommend it for a young child 1-4.
on August 20, 2011
This belt is made of sturdy materials and thick plastic so it is great for kids that are tough on toys. My 2 ½ year old loves to wear it around the house and even after adding the enclosed tools (tape measure, level, t square, flashlight) and some of his Black and Decker tools, the belt stays in place. Although I purchased this for a toddler, the belt is adjustable and can fit older children as well.
on December 28, 2013
Got this for my 4 yr old son for Christmas. The material doesn't feel flimsy or like it will rip easily so that is a plus. The size is good for my son now but it is supposed to also work well for older children but seems like it would be too small for a larger child. The most disappointing factor for me was that the flash light that came with it only lasted a few hours. I'm not talking about the batteries but the flashlight itself was dead the day he got it (Christmas day). We couldn't even get it apart to try replacing the bulb. Not worth the $25 I spent on it in my opinion.
on December 24, 2013
My grandson will have a lot of fun with this belt. He likes to help his Dad and papa with the cars and other things they do and fix. Now he can with his own tool belt and tools he was given. By the way he is three years old and will have it for a good all time.
on February 4, 2014
I bought this for my 2.5 year old son 2 years ago for his Handy Many halloween costume. He is a big boy so we didn't have any trouble with it fitting. We have had it for 2 years and he still wears it all the time. The tape measure gets used constantly and he is not gentle with is toys. I would definitely say we have gotten out monies worth out of this tool belt and the accessories. SIDE NOTE: the flash light has a VERY dim light. You can't even really use it for a flash light, but I didn't buy this for the flash light.
on January 31, 2012
My 3 year old daughter has been asking for a tool belt for the last few months and after research on Amazon, I decided on this one. She has been wearing it nonstop since we gave it to her 4 days ago--she even will wear it with her pajamas. There are plenty of pockets for her Handy Manny tools and it sizes down small enough that it stays up around her waist. I think it is well worth the money!
on September 13, 2012
My son is almost 3 and loves this toy. The flashlight is kid friendly and won't blind anyone. The tape measure is also - as it does not snap back the way a real tapemeasure will. The level is kind of pointless. A little big and cumbersome for the tool belt and he isn't quite old enough to understand what to do with it. Otherwise he loves it and has played with it every day since we got it for him.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question