Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.92 shipping
Real Life Paleo: 175 Gluten-Free Recipes, Meal Ideas, and an Easy 3-Phased Approach to Lose Weight & Gain Health Paperback – November 4, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"The Paleo Parents' transformation story is simply inspiring. This book is full of practical tips and resources to make your transition to Paleo seamless and fun at the same time!" --Danielle Walker, New York Times bestselling author of Against All Grain and Meals Made Simple"
"For years I have been telling people to just give Paleo a try for 30 days to see how they look, feel, and perform. For those who struggle with that approach, Real Life Paleo is finally a legit alternative to jumping in all at once. The three-phased approach and accompanying recipes will get you started on your path to health and wellness at a pace to set you up for long-term success." --Robb Wolf, New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Solution
"Real Life Paleo, while intricately detailed, is never overwhelming. Instead, it functions as a supportive and informative guide to help you and your family transition into a Paleo lifestyle as seamlessly as possible." --Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint
I'm often asked how to feed an entire family on Paleo, without stress or having to cook multiple meals--Stacy and Matt have delivered the solution with Real Life Paleo." --Diane Sanfilippo, New York Times bestselling author of Practical Paleo and The 21-Day Sugar Detox
From the Author
We truly believe that this book is unlike any other and will prove a useful tool for those who desperately want to transition to a real-foods, Paleo lifestyle but have been struggling to do so. What makes it special?
- The unique 3-phased approach to going Paleo allows individuals and families to transition at their own pace, focusing first on Swapping out the worst offenders, then Removing the remaining items to adopt what would be considered a traditional Paleo diet, and finally focusing on adding nutrient-dense foods and lifestyle factors in the Heal phase.
- Each phase includes several tear-out guides (repeated at the end of the book).
- Our How-To section covers Paleo basics for those just starting their Paleo journey.
- Setting Your Paleo Table not only offers traditional meal plans for each phase, but also includes our favorite part of the book: meal ideas! These full table spreads offer readers something they've never seen in a Paleo cookbook before: what an entire meal can look like without the traditional bread and pasta they're used to. We have provided 21 meal ideas, ensuring plenty of ideas for each meal of the day in all phases.
- Each of the book's 175 recipes is accompanied by a photograph. The recipes were intentionally crafted to create an 80/20 ratio of "treats" to healthier dishes; we also purposefully created recipes for people with food intolerences. Overall, there are 36 recipes in Phase 1, 83 in Phase 2, and 54 in Phase 3; 115 are egg-free, 109 are nut-free, and 143 are nightshade-free. Additionally, we created recipes Under 30 Minutes (80), with 5 Ingredients or Less (70), using only One Pot (82), good for Holidays (27), and perfect for On the Go (45).
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, I am glad they have the 3 phase approach. I have been looking for a way to get healing food and this has a whole phase of it. I have been trying to go paleo for a few years, even done a whole30 but can't seem to get to stick to it but this approach seems to make it much easier.
My favorite things about Real Life Paleo:
-- The 3-phase approach to diet/lifestyle changes (it's so down-to-earth and REAL)
-- Tons of recipes that I actually want to make (that's highly unusual for me; I'm much more likely to cherry-pick recipes from different websites than buy a cookbook)
-- Photos of whole meals with page references for all the recipes (as a visual type of person, I love this!)
-- Advice from people who get it (there's a real family behind this book, and it comes through clearly on every page)
Here's my update as of Nov. 22nd.
This book is crazy easy. I have accomplished cooking recipes out of it every single day without doubling a recipe or having to go to the store for specific items. (I've been paleo for long enough that I have out of the ordinary things in my pantry to begin with, there may be a couple things beginners need to look for)). My husband and 3 yo have been eating without complaint! In fact I was at a loss one day for what to cook and my husband said "Go look in that book you have". Lo and behold I was able to put together an easy dinner when I started out not even knowing what to do. I am planning on buying copies for my Mom and Grandmother.
Top international reviews
This book guides you through the transition with fabulous recipes that are simple to follow, use normal, easy-to-find ingredients and are a hit with the whole family.
It is also a great resource for those looking for new ideas, tips and some recipes to add to their repertoire. Drunken Carrot Noodles have become a firm favourite in our household and I can't wait to try out some of the festive/occasion recipes too.
Paleo Parents' podcase, The Paleo View (Stacy co-hosts with the Paleo Mom) is also must-listen for those looking for guidance and help with adopting a paleo lifestyle. I bought this book after hearing great things about it on the podcast and I think the two go hand in hand.