- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Victory Belt Publishing (November 4, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1628600454
- ISBN-13: 978-1628600452
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 1.1 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 170 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #373,880 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Real Life Paleo: 175 Gluten-Free Recipes, Meal Ideas, and an Easy 3-Phased Approach to Lose Weight & Gain Health Paperback – November 4, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"With mouthwatering recipes that will tempt even the most discerning Paleo foodie, Real Life Paleo is the single best resource for families or individuals starting out on a Paleo journey that I've ever seen. If you are going to buy just one book to guide your transition to Paleo, make it this one." --Sarah Ballantyne, New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Approach and The Paleo Approach Cookbook
"The Paleo Parents' transformation story is simply inspiring. This book is full of practical tips and resources to make your transition to Paleo seamless and fun at the same time!" --Danielle Walker, New York Times bestselling author of Against All Grain and Meals Made Simple"
"For years I have been telling people to just give Paleo a try for 30 days to see how they look, feel, and perform. For those who struggle with that approach, Real Life Paleo is finally a legit alternative to jumping in all at once. The three-phased approach and accompanying recipes will get you started on your path to health and wellness at a pace to set you up for long-term success." --Robb Wolf, New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Solution
"Real Life Paleo, while intricately detailed, is never overwhelming. Instead, it functions as a supportive and informative guide to help you and your family transition into a Paleo lifestyle as seamlessly as possible." --Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint
I'm often asked how to feed an entire family on Paleo, without stress or having to cook multiple meals--Stacy and Matt have delivered the solution with Real Life Paleo." --Diane Sanfilippo, New York Times bestselling author of Practical Paleo and The 21-Day Sugar Detox
From the Author
If you're looking for foods for REAL life, for everyday busy people who don't have all day to spend in the kitchen making food, then THIS is the book for you. In Real Life Paleo we've documented all of the delicious recipes we use in our daily lives and are excited to share with you how our family of 5 made this lifestyle work for us, resulting in huge health transformations!
We truly believe that this book is unlike any other and will prove a useful tool for those who desperately want to transition to a real-foods, Paleo lifestyle but have been struggling to do so. What makes it special?
- The unique 3-phased approach to going Paleo allows individuals and families to transition at their own pace, focusing first on Swapping out the worst offenders, then Removing the remaining items to adopt what would be considered a traditional Paleo diet, and finally focusing on adding nutrient-dense foods and lifestyle factors in the Heal phase.
- Each phase includes several tear-out guides (repeated at the end of the book).
- Our How-To section covers Paleo basics for those just starting their Paleo journey.
- Setting Your Paleo Table not only offers traditional meal plans for each phase, but also includes our favorite part of the book: meal ideas! These full table spreads offer readers something they've never seen in a Paleo cookbook before: what an entire meal can look like without the traditional bread and pasta they're used to. We have provided 21 meal ideas, ensuring plenty of ideas for each meal of the day in all phases.
- Each of the book's 175 recipes is accompanied by a photograph. The recipes were intentionally crafted to create an 80/20 ratio of "treats" to healthier dishes; we also purposefully created recipes for people with food intolerences. Overall, there are 36 recipes in Phase 1, 83 in Phase 2, and 54 in Phase 3; 115 are egg-free, 109 are nut-free, and 143 are nightshade-free. Additionally, we created recipes Under 30 Minutes (80), with 5 Ingredients or Less (70), using only One Pot (82), good for Holidays (27), and perfect for On the Go (45).
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
170 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-5 of 170 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Real Life Paleo is not just a cookbook. It's so ridiculously informative, I can almost guarantee it's THE BEST paleo book purchase you'll ever make. It quite literally takes a real-life approach to explaining (& living) the paleo lifestyle, giving you a designated plan for transitioning, swapping out bad for good foods, and ultimately thriving as your inner caveman/woman - for the long run! Whether you're new to paleo or have been living it for years, you CAN and WILL benefit from RLP. It contains a plethora of recipes, spice blends, and meal ideas, paleo lifestyle tips & tricks, nutritional information, helpful guides & recipe labels (nut-free, egg-free, nightshade-free, one-pot-meal, on-the-go meal, 5-ingredients-or-less, 30-min-or-less), along with all the reasons why paleo works. If you think you knew all there was to know about paleo or think you've tried all the paleo recipes out there, THINK AGAIN! I've been paleo since August 2011 and am still completely wowed by this book with all the enticing recipes & helpful information it contains.
I can safely say this is my absolute favorite paleo book, and that's JUST regarding recipes, alone. That's not even taking into account the ridiculous amount of real-life paleo advice, info, & tips this book provides, which trumps all the other grain-free cookbooks I've ever purchased.
Here's my list so far:
Peruvian Chicken Meal
Chinese Takeout Meal
Turkey & Waffles
Baked Not-Potato Soup
Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies (I've tried their pumpkin whoopie pies and O.M.G. - I have no words)
Honey Nut Cereal
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Corn Dog Muffins
Mussels in Broth
Pears wrapped in Prosciutto w/ arugula & pickled onions
Chinese Lettuce Wraps
No Bake Cranberry-Orange Bars
Chai Tea Iced Tea
Key Lime Pie
I've never been so excited to cook from a cookbook.
My favorite things about Real Life Paleo:
-- The 3-phase approach to diet/lifestyle changes (it's so down-to-earth and REAL)
-- Tons of recipes that I actually want to make (that's highly unusual for me; I'm much more likely to cherry-pick recipes from different websites than buy a cookbook)
-- Photos of whole meals with page references for all the recipes (as a visual type of person, I love this!)
-- Advice from people who get it (there's a real family behind this book, and it comes through clearly on every page)