Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook: 250 All-New Recipes ...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 50% off the $35.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook: 250 All-New Recipes from the Paleo Expert Hardcover – March 3, 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Publisher
Seared Scallops with Beet Relish from The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook
Start to finish: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
For a beautiful golden crust, be sure the surface of the scallops is really dry—and that the pan is nice and hot—before adding them to the pan. Also, let the scallops sear without disturbing them for 2 to 3 minutes, carefully checking before turning.
1. Thaw scallops, if frozen.
2. For beet relish, in a medium bowl combine beets, apple, jalapeños, cilantro, onion, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and lime juice. Mix well. Set aside while preparing scallops.
3. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on the exterior and barely opaque. Sprinkle scallops lightly with white pepper.
4. To serve, divide beet relish evenly among serving plates; top with scallops. Serve immediately.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 3 medium red beets, peeled and cut chopped
- 1/2 of a Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- White pepper
"Loren Cordain hits another home run with The Real Paleo Diet Cookbook! Cordain is one of the pioneers in Paleo Diet research, not a copycat author, and this book explains the basic tenets of the diet, while providing a rational approach for adopting it so readers don't feel like they have to don a loincloth. This book is beautifully illustrated, and the recipes are nothing short of delicious and fun to prepare. This is really the gourmet Paleo Diet."-- Jack Challem, author of The Inflammation Syndrome and No More Fatigue.
"There is no one more knowledgeable on the Paleo diet than Loren Cordain. And I’m just not saying that because he’s a good friend and a co-author of our book, The Paleo Diet for Athletes. I’ve been following his dietary advice since 1994. It works!"--Joe Friel, Coach and Author
"The cookbook for the Paleo gourmet! These recipes are delicious, healthy, and visually stunning, with innovative flavor combinations and use of spices. More importantly, this book presents clearly and concisely which foods belong on the Paleo diet and which do not, along with why. Even experienced Paleo chefs will find that these recipes expand and enliven the Paleo palate.”--Lynda Frassetto, MD
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?