Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
Our three children, now grown with kids of their own, watched VHS copies of the Dave & Becky series years ago and loved them. When living in Southern California we even met Becky at a promotional event. Our 18 year old son remembered every episode even though we'd given the VHS copies away years ago.

We were so pleased to find the five DVDs containing 15 episodes. Our 2 1/2 year old grandson, living with us, is just as enamored with them as his mother, aunt, and uncle were. These are fun videos that hold the attention of these young people. We find them informative and fun too, and have watched them along with our grandson as they have arrived in the mail.
on December 22, 2006
Our 2 and 4 year old sons are obsessed with trains and buses.... this video is perfect. I love how it goes into details about the vehicles. It doesn't just show pictures of them - it explains all the parts and how they work and why they're needed. Most train videos only explain the basics - whistle, steam, coal etc.. but this video talks about all kinds of cool train parts that most videos never show. I love how they even show how they clean the inside of city buses with large vacuums that attach to the front door and suck everything out. They talk about why the tops of buses are often white and all about the emergency exits. They even show different cargo areas under the bus and how they fix buses. It's very informative and they do it in a fun (not boring) way that kids really enjoy.
on August 13, 2014
My (now) 13 year old absolutely LOVED this series when he was a toddler. I have the entire set on VHS, which does me no good now! I'm slowly buying the DVD's for my 2 year old. I think he will love them, too.
on February 15, 2004
We have 6 of the "Real Wheels" titles (which my son calls the "Dave" movies) and we have gotten our money's worth out of each of them many times over. I unfortunately did not stumble upon them until just before his 4th birthday, which is a shame because they have a lot to offer for kids from about 3 on up. My son just turned 5 and he still gets so much learning out of them. When he was younger, it was more about just watching and listening to the trains, planes, etc. ... now he's old enough to follow the script and he generally adds his own running commentary to the films -- he really thinks about what he's seeing. The films do a great job of presenting technical and mechanical concepts at a level for little learners, and they also throw in great age-appropriate safety information--they make the point loud and clear but without scaring the kids. You can tell Dave Hood really likes making films for kids and his genuine excitement for what he's doing comes across in every tape. These also make FANTASTIC affordable birthday gifts for pre-school aged friends. Among our all-time favorite kids' tapes.
on January 1, 2008
My 3 year-old son got this for Christmas. He loves anything about trains. It's got lots of great video of all kinds of trains and planes and buses. The narrator, Dave, is silly and makes us laugh. But the best thing is that he really "knows his stuff." My husband and I enjoy learning all about the parts of a train/plane/bus and how they all work. I'm not sure my son gets all of the terminology, but Dave explains it in a way that is easy for any of us to understand. My son's favorite part of the video is the sing-along extra about trains.
on January 27, 2006
I agree with some of the reviewers of other "Real Wheels" adventures -- Dave IS annoying.... but hey, I'm not his target audience. My trainiac son thinks Dave is hilarious and he loves this series -- good enough for me. It's clean, silly fun and he learns a few things at the same time. At 4 years old he's beginning to move on to some other series (Popular Mechanics for Kids -- an excellent choice for slightly older kids) but that may just be because he's been watching these for 2 years already and is ready for something new. Hard Hat Harry is another good choice for kids 2 to 6 years old or so who love vehicles of any kind. Somehow I find those a little more entertaining and informational than the Real Wheels series, but that may just be personal preference.
on December 28, 2015
We love all these real wheel adventures. Helps kids know more about what is featured.
on July 16, 2013
I purchased this video for my 3 year old son who likes moving things. Turns out my 6 year old daughter liked it even more, especially the plane part as we were heading on a plane for vacation soon. As a parent, i found the host a bit over the top, but the kids seemed to enjoy his antics and keep asking to watch it again and again. There is a lot of detail offered in a fun and entertaining manner and host Dave goes to some great places to show all sort of different types of planes, trains and buses.
on June 30, 2012
My son, 18 and in the military, called me a few weeks ago requesting the names of these videos. He watched them when he was very little, and he loved them so much he wouldn't rest until we had figured out that the "There goes a..." series is the one and the same series he loved so much as a small child. Anything that makes that much of a positive impression is worth buying! His favorite part was when Dave went on his airplane ride, relating that the show is "awesome in every way."
on January 28, 2013
I got thid for my 2.5 year old twin boys. One of them wantes to watch the bus segment every waking second of the day. So much so that poor brother never gets to see the other sections. my version seems to be having trouble playing at times but that is probably due to it being used. But the content is very captivationg. Dave the host is a bit too goofy but oh well.