- Hardcover: 648 pages
- Publisher: Newnes; 1 edition (April 11, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0124160182
- ISBN-13: 978-0124160187
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #588,663 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Real World Multicore Embedded Systems 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Prepare for your professional certification with study guides and exam prep tools from Wiley. See more
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"Moyer, an engineer, consultant, editor, and writer, brings together engineers and technology specialists from the US for 16 chapters that outline the techniques and technologies to build and optimize embedded multicore systems for desktop-style general computing and high-performance computing." --Reference & Research Book News, October 2013
"If you're going to be working on any aspect of multicore embedded system design―be it systems architecture, SoC development, or software programming―a newly published book titled Real World Multicore Embedded Systems will be an excellent guide." --Cadence Industry Insights Blog, August 2013
From the Back Cover
This Expert Guide gives you the techniques and technologies in embedded multicore to optimally design and implement your embedded system. Written by experts with a solutions focus, this encyclopedic reference gives you an indispensable aid to tackling the day-to-day problems when building and managing multicore embedded systems.
Following an embedded system design path from start to finish, our team of experts takes you from architecture, through hardware implementation to software programming and debug.
With this book you will learn:
• What motivates multicore
• The architectural options and tradeoffs; when to use what
• How to deal with the unique hardware challenges that multicore presents
• How to manage the software infrastructure in a multicore environment
• How to write effective multicore programs
• How to port legacy code into a multicore system and partition legacy software
• How to optimize both the system and software
• The particular challenges of debugging multicore hardware and software
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Multicore systems do not come from a different planet. For those of you making the switch from uniprocessor to multiprocessor systems, all you have to watch out for are data synchronization mechanisms, cache coherency and OS adaptations. And you surely do not need this overpriced book to learn these concepts.