Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on October 10, 2008
I am a new reborner and have been eagerly gathering all the information and instruction material that I can. Rooting the doll's hair has been difficult for me. My first doll was lucky to get hair in her head; never mind trying to do the perfect swirl or get that perfect baby look. I decided for my next doll, I wanted a detailed manual that I could refer to over and over. I have purchased DVDs and belong to forums that provide me with good rooting ideas and techniques but feel that with Jeannine's book, I have the information right at my finger tips and I can take it where ever I am working on the doll. She does not get into much detail about the perfect swirl, which is fine by me because she provides other options that look just as wonderful and for the beginner, are easily achieved. The pictures are great help, too. I definitely believe that this is a must for the beginner.
on March 4, 2009
Okay from now on I am staying away from Hopler's books. If her attention to detail in the dolls is as bad as her spell checking abilities... I guess that is why her books are self pubs. In 50 pages you get one example of step by step rooting that she has already started. Yes that is what I said. In the step by step she already has a third of the head rooted. Why? That is not step by step. I found this book to be worse than her other books. You want to save $35.? Here's the jist of the book: the angle you put the needle in the head is the way the hair will lay. Don't be misled, she does not show how to put the swirl in the back of the babies hair! I am returning this book like I did her last one. What a waste of time. Most of the book is made up of finished dolls that she has done the hair on. No instructions on how to do them, just a "LOOk WHAt I DID" type thing.
on January 10, 2016
I can't believe I paid $34 for a book (if you'd call it a book....more like a pamphlet) with so little detail or instruction. There are free pdf files that offer far more detail and quality than this. Very disappointed. Overpriced!! Just a bunch of photos that don't offer any type of benefit. Total waste of money!!!
on March 18, 2010
I've got to say I'm a little disappointed in this book. There are many pictures of dolls already rooted, but not much practical help for the beginner rooter - such as what length to cut the hair to and how do you hold onto that darn slippery stuff while rooting. Still, I've gotten enough information to make the book worthwhile to me. There's no getting around it - rooting is a slow process, but worth the effort in the end.
on August 19, 2013
There are much better "how to" instructions for rooting doll's hair for free on You Tube. I was hoping for a step by step, but this wasn't it. As the other one star reviewer said, this is more of a book of "look what I did". A big fat waste of money.
on August 30, 2014
not as great as expected for the price ! very over priced,the digital download is 10.00 and that shoud be the price for this hard copy
on November 4, 2013
It was very helpful book when just starting out makeing these dolls for your hobby need more book like this
on January 12, 2009
This is a book I could not do without.I do have a DVD on rooting but I needed a book that gave more images close up..I love this authors books .I do like seeing all the hair colors too she works with.B.W.