Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 290 reviews
on June 12, 2014
I first read this book when I was about 16 or 17. I loved it then and I came away thinking that my worldview had been changed, that I looked differently at the small things that make life so great. Imagine my surprise reading it again over a decade later and realizing how much of it flew over my head then. Fulghum never disappoints and his wit and wisdom never grown old. I love this book more now than I did then, And as an adult I've come to realize what Fulghum posits within the first few pages, that most of what you need to know in life in order to be happy human being you learned before the age of six. I think too many of us focus on growing up and setting aside the lessons of youth that we forget that. It's a good thing Fulghum didn't.
on April 15, 2017
Bought the book for a research paper. Found this book to be entertaining and insightful. Will be using this book to help reinforce good behavior for a few of our special needs students.
on April 19, 2017
I read this (and bought a hard copy) years ago. This time I got it for my 12-year-old granddaughter. She couldn't put it down!
on April 28, 2016
I loved this book. It's not only interesting but also highly entertained. Some readers could distrust of the content because of the title that sounds a little to self help or something even worst. But it's not the case. Robert Fulghum not only has lived long enough to write a book, he has also lived to read and develop a good literary taste. So don't let you fool yourself by thinking that this book is just another one of those, because it is not. In fact, what makes it special is the position that Fulghum stands in front of topics so diverse as to cultivate a garden, to be a good neighbor or a good grandfather. And that's wise. Fulghum doesn't tell you what is the right way of doing things, he tells you just what he did when he had to.

He's so sensible and smart to address the important stuff of living, that it will make you cry and smile (and maybe both at the same time), without ornaments or rhetoric tricks.

It is not rare that this book has so many readers after being published and a 25th anniversary edition.

Highly recommended.
on July 22, 2015
I'd read Fulghum's "All I Really Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" years ago...re-read to see if were as good as my memory of it. It not only was, it exceeded. No. 1 Not preachy. No. 2 The man's an entertainer...He can write! No. 3 He has an excellent wit. AND, since I'd read this the first time, he's added some perfectly wonderful chapters after his own re-reading together with readers' letters over the years. He found those early kindergarten lessons to be holding up better than his most hopeful expectations...and mine. Enjoy!
on July 5, 2016
I love the book and his other books I would recommend them to anybody. I bought this book as a gift so they could also enjoy wisdom and humor.
on June 15, 2016
This is an uplifting, often humorous look at life in general from Robert's perspective. It reminds me of the Chicken Soup books. The chapters are pretty much stand alone so it is a book a person can leave and return to at any time. I have enjoyed all of Robert Fulghum's books -- All I Really Need to Know.... was the first one I read. Great read with parts you may never forget from a perspective you may never have considered.
on June 4, 2016
A must have - a cassette tape one will benefit from by listening to it every day for the next few months. Listen to it at times when your hands are busy but your mind is not - driving, and doing work around the house are perfect times. Then, listen to it again at least once every month for the rest of your life. Please, please play this for your young children to give them a firm foundation for life.
on May 3, 2016
No one's personal library should be without this book. Robert Fulghum's first book is necessary for every young adult to read in order to have a proper perspective on growing up. Every freshman in college should have to read it. And it should be read again, in bits and pieces, over and over throughout the rest of our lives. Useful and light-hearted life lessons through and through.
on April 20, 2015
Uplifting and insightful, a book one can go back to time and again for review. His 'easy-chair' way is catching and might just lead to a welcomed nap. If not it will at least provoke some good common sense pondering. And a bit of light-hearted reflection on your own life. On can't help but wonder how he can catch such casual thoughts long enough to record them. And he does cast a ray of significance on our own mundane lives, maybe they won't pass us by without notice so easily now.