Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 584 reviews
on December 9, 2003
Let me start of by saying that this CD is not for the excited die hard rock fan, like lets say a KoRn fan..
This cd is really REANIMATED. just as the name suggest. True Lp fans would have known that Lp is not the Average Rock Band. but goes thru alot of changes..hence my title metamorphosis..
This cd includes BONUS MULTI-MEDIA CONTENT. that's a plus. but now-a-days most cds come with that so...
Reanimation has 20 tracks...worth the money..compared to some rock cds that make you pay the same price for just 12 tracks. I'm not calling names *coughEvanescencecough*
This cd contains some tracks that were not on hybrid theory such as 'my december' but again is remixed. but not in a bad way.
The song 'my december' really shows the skill vocals of chester bennington and really impresses the first time listener.
All the tracks to me were great. I appreciated the fact that alot of hip-hop was put into it and remixed great and that i was not just re-purchasing hybrid theory
But ****WARNING****. if you despise hip-hop. don't purchase this cd.
but if you despise hip-hop then i don't know how you can call yourself an LP fan..but that's just you i guess
so all in all
the cd is awesome...great anime cartoon art. great production by the one and only MIKE SHINODA.
its a must have..
on April 16, 2014
Well, I had the original when it first came out and some how lost it. So it was awesome being able to buy it again on Amazon. Great audio mixing and in 5.1 surround sound. When this was released dvd audio and surround sound music was starting to come to market, along with SACD. The included videos are for 4.3 TVs and non-HD but you are primarily buying this for the 5.1 sound mix.
on September 20, 2002
Why did Linkin Park allow such a butchery of their songs? Nearly every song from their original album has been stripped, [altered], and left for dead. Some of them, like Points of Authority, survive the experience; some, like Crawling, are even stronger than they were before. But for the most part, the songs are horribly mutated remnants of their former glory. This is the result of people who don't understand what Hybrid theory is really about, deforming Linkin Park's songs to fit their own personal styles of music and agendas of self-glorification. Hearing "In The End" being so brutally slaughtered left me with a burning desire to kill Motion Man and the other bloke who was responsible.
Overall, the songs that aren't too badly damaged manage to give this album a 3 out of 5 stars. I hope that Linkin Park will not allow people to screw around with their music in the future.
on March 24, 2017
Awesome to have one of my favorite albums on vinyl!
on May 29, 2004
If you truely like the rock style of Linkin Park, don't buy this cd. The only good songs are KRWLNG, RNW@Y, and a few others. Most of it just techno/rap with other people singing. Try Meteora instead...
on September 7, 2016
There are countless people who crap on nu-metal. But there are also countless nu-metal fans who just plain gross me out and take it way too seriously.

There's a middle ground and I'm happy there. My first album was what most music fans would consider "worthy" and "cool". My second and third album was Hybrid Theory and this. Considered by most music fans as "uncool".

I don't believe in guilty pleasure music. Music is made for our listening pleasure and if you like it you like it. It doesn't have to be about subcultures and fashion and attitude. Sometimes songs just work for you personally.

My sister bought this album for me when I was 13 years old and it sounds lame but it changed my life. I loved Hybrid Theory. But the remixes on this album, using electronic influence is what did it for me. I had no exposure to electronic music. This changed that.

I was always bummed that this album was never reprinted on vinyl. I was very close to spending $300 on an original pressing. Thankfully this came out before I had to do that.

This album takes me back to my awkward first years of highschool, no friends, I was tubby and was reading Lord of the Rings. And man was I happy. Listening to it on vinyl today and I'm still happy.
on July 11, 2013
Look, I love Hybrid Theory as much as the next Linkin Park fan, but some of the songs were certainly lacking. It was their debut album, after all. But some of the songs on Reanimation just made the original song even better, also. Some of my favorite songs from Hybrid Theory are now ousted by the remixes on Reanimation, just because of their sheer awesomeness. I've been listening to this album for years, and most times I can't go back to the original songs because they just don't do it for me anymore.
on September 2, 2013
I love this album. It offers a lot more to the table than Hybrid Theory did and brings a lot of complex and powerful melodies to a lot of the songs that sounded like a bunch of guitars and drums in Hybrid Theory. The very last track, "Krwling" is especially powerful and musical.

I find myself listening to this over and over again and it really is a neccesary addition to your music collection if you like Linkin Park.
on September 21, 2016
There are some real gems here. Some of the songs have even added new lyrics-making them more like sequels than just simple remixes.

The new versions of With You and In the End, are incredible. But a lot of the stuff on here is awful. It might be better to buy the individual tracks you like on iTunes or something if possible...
on May 30, 2014
The experience is absolutly awesome.The control in all channel is superb. The LFE is very active y subtle.
The tracks are recorded in MLP 5.1 (48/24); Dolby Digital 5.1 (48/24) & Stereo 2.0 (48/24).
An entire disc demostraion...