Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.95 shipping
Reaper Miniatures 08906 Learn To Paint Bones Kit
|Price:||$35.42 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Colors and MSP HD Paint, 2 Brushes, 3 Bones Miniatures (Pictured) and an instruction Guide by Rhonda Bender.
- 11 Master Series Paints included are: 9030: Leather Brown, 9037: Pure Black, 9039: Pure White, 9053: Honed Steel, 9054: Polished Silver, 9085: Shadowed Stone, 9200: Harvest Brown, 9228: Viper Green, 9271: Dirty Bone, 29815: Dragon Blue, 29809: Pale Saffron
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
This Kit includes: 11 Bottles of MSP Core Colors and MSP HD Paint, 2 Brushes, 3 Bones Miniatures (Pictured) and an instruction Guide by Rhonda Bender. 11 Master Series Paints included are: 9030: Leather Brown, 9037: Pure Black, 9039: Pure White, 9053: Honed Steel, 9054: Polished Silver, 9085: Shadowed Stone, 9200: Harvest Brown, 9228: Viper Green, 9271: Dirty Bone, 29815: Dragon Blue, 29809: Pale Saffron
Compare to similar items
This item Reaper Miniatures 08906 Learn To Paint Bones Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||MyQuickMart||MyQuickMart||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||THE BT GROUP||THE BT GROUP|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 3.5 x 11 in||6 x 9 x 1.2 in||6.5 x 8.5 x 1 in||6.5 x 8.5 x 1 in||1 x 1 x 3 in||3.25 x 15.75 x 10 in|
Top customer reviews
I recommend this kit.
Full story: I've been painting hard plastic and resin miniatures for a while using Vallejo/Army Painter/Citadel products and I wanted to try out some Reaper paint, so I picked this up on sort of a lark.
My primary interest being the paint and the case, I wasn't especially interested in either the brushes or the miniatures that come with the kit, but once I got the box open, I decided to follow the instructions (slavishly) and see what I was able to crank out in under an hour, using the materials provided.
I had fun. Reference photos of my experiment are attached.
(Note that there are no red paints in the kit: I strayed from the tutorial ever-so-slightly and used some red from another set. I just really wanted my skeleton to have red eyes.
Also note that I'm not putting this out there as A+ work, but rather, as an example of what you could potentially achieve with minimal effort using the brushes, paints and instructions provided.)
- The case has extra slots for Reaper-sized paints, which is nice if you're just starting a Reaper paints collection.
- I did some tests on primed resin, and the paint lays nicely on Citadel and Army Painter primer.
- The tutorial covers basics of base-coating, shade-washing and then building up highlights with dry-brushing, etc.
- The main con is that Reaper paint seems to lose tone when it dries on primer in a way that it does NOT lose tone when it dries on the Reaper minis. Might be a deal-breaker if you're going to use this paint on non-Reaper minis and you're looking for precise color matching, etc.
- Bottles are an odd size and will fit oddly (or not at all) in other racks/cases you might have.
- No inks included. If you want to learn how to paint with ink, you're going to have to look elsewhere (might be a consideration if this is a gift for a newcomer to the hobby, etc.)
This set provides a very good selection of basic paint colors. I can't speak to it's usefulness in teaching someone to paint miniatures, but it does include all of the things you would need to learn (brush, three practice miniatures and a good selection of colors). The plastic storage box that it came with is also very useful. The included paints only fill up one row of the foam spots for storing paint bottles in here, so you have plenty of room to increase your paint collection.
The only criticism that I have of this set is that it doesn't include a "flesh" tone paint. I think that for most people starting out, that would be a necessity. So if you are buying this kit to learn to paint, I'd suggest also buying a bottle of "flesh" paint as well so that you can paint your human/elven/dwarven figures as well.
To finish out his gift-I purchased bottles of primer and sealer, and a few other basic colors of paints-flesh tones, a nice red, etc.
Most recent customer reviews
"11 Master Series Paints included are: 9030: Leather Brown, 9037: Pure Black, 9039:...Read more