Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 660 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 689 reviews
on September 26, 2013
The image it sends is good. I had to add an extra length of cable to get it to reach my monitor since I have a looooong vehicle. There hasn't been any noticeable loss in signal to mention. I plan on getting one for the front of my vehicle to help out in parking. I'll connect that camera to the other channel of my monitor and use a switch to turn it on manually. Nothing wrong with this little camera. Seems very solid and looks like it should last a while. I opened it up after receiving it and added some clear silicone to the cover so as to really help it be waterproof. Its gone through our rainy season, a hurricane and several car washings without any hints of moisture. Man, for the price what more could you ask for? My only suggestion would be that it would be nice if there was a way of easily disconnecting the leads coming of of the camera to feed the wires through a smaller hole. The RCA connectors on the lead require that you either have a hole about 1/2" round to feed them through or you need to route them around things to connect them. The lead wire coming off of the camera is only about as large as an IPOD's charing wire but since you can't disconnect the RCA connectors on the end of the wire it requires a large opening to feed the wire through to its destination. When I took the cover off to add more silicone I thought about disconnecting the leads inside of the camera so as to be able to just feed the wire through the opening on my vehicle but it looked too tiny and delicate in there to mess with :-)
on January 30, 2014
I cannot believe how nice the picture from this camera is. I installed it onto the rear bumper of my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
I have a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS stereo that I also installed with this camera plugged into the back. I ran a small red wire that I fused from the lighter plug. That way the camera only works with the key on. The red power wire I ran alongside the video wire that comes with this camera from the dash to the back of the vehicle. I found a ground screw near the bumper for the ground of the camera.

This camera is NOT night vision but I am glad it is not. The back up lights from my Jeep are more than enough to see. It remains color even at night. I cannot believe how well this light functions.

I did not measure the video cable that comes with this camera but I have a 4 door Jeep Wrangler and it ran from the dash mounted stereo all the way to the center of the back bumper with wire to spare.

I could have saved running a power wire from the front dash but I wanted to have the option of the camera always on with the vehicle running. My stereo monitor has the option to show the rear view while still playing the radio. If you just want the camera to come on when backing up you should simply tap the power to the camera from the back up lights of your vehicle.
on May 19, 2016
The image quality is quite decent. The cable coming out of the camera has a RCA jack which requires a rather large hole to feed through to the inside of the car. I mounted it on the spoiler in a Saturn outlook and fed it to a windshield mounted display via a 16ft extension cable. Both camera and display are powered by the left reverse light signal and they work fine. Has been in a few rains and haven't had any water issues yet. Haven't gone through a car wash yet though.

The only negative is that the mounting screws and bracket started rusting after the very first rain, for which I took out a star.
review image review image review image
on February 4, 2012
Have a 'home grown' setup I created for my RV using a camera and touchscreen monitor... for both backup/reverse cam and computer. Recently my camera died and I needed to find a replacement. Gave this one a whirl and I am not disappointed I did. First surprise is the size... this thing is really small! Very compact and seems like outstanding quality. Was plug and play with both video (RCA) and power from my previous camera. When looking for placement, I discovered I could slide under the left rear light console (lights/brakes) and use the mounting screw for the lights to attach the camera. only extra work needed was reversing the clamp on the camera to get the wire out of the way (ie. undo the two philips screws and move the wire to inside vs outside the bracket). Once hooked up it worked like a champ. Amazing field of view (my old cam was about 90 deg), great color and brightness (despite 35' cable) and excellent image. The permanent guide lines work great for me. I have no clue why RVrs would pay for larger/more expensive systems when this is out there... very impressed & highly recommended.
1010 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
The other reviews have covered the major benefits and drawbacks of this camera. The viewing angle isn't really 180 degrees, and this camera is definitely more of a supplement to your side and rear view mirrors than a replacement. I want to just add however that the weather sealing on this item is quite awesome. I have done a drive in snow from Boston, MA to Ithaca NY and this camera only got fogged up on the lens, with no water getting inside, even though the roads were quite nasty with salt and dirt. This camera also survived the great Nemo nor'easter that had just hit Boston.

A minor quibble: This camera comes with a very long signal cable for the video with plugs on both sides, one to plug into the camera and the other end to plug into the monitor and this is great. However, the power cable only has a 2.1mm x 5.5 mm jack on one side and the other side is just two stripped wires. This wire is also not quite long enough to reach all the way from the back of my prius to the front dash where I mounted the LCD, so that it ends up being not so useful. I ended up ordering some more 5.5mm x 2.1mm male and female connectors as well as 100 ft speaker wire to provide the power connections. Other than this issue everything is awesome. I don't think it is worth docking a star over in any case.
on May 18, 2016
Working great. I have it strapped to my ladder rack with velcro strapping and is has been working flawlessly right out of the box. I do have to straiten it out every now and again due to the fact that i did not permanently mount it but this allows me to move it to one side or the other if I am pulling a trailer to see what is going on back there. I did find that if you power it off and back on in quick succession the back up bars go away. power off and back on again and they come back. Low light performance is ok, but washes out a lot due to the fact that my rear work likes leave a shadow directly behind my truck. This is just an issue with my setup however as I think just about any camera would have the same issue. I basically use it a a rear view mirror as my topper does not allow a view out the back of the truck. I actually power this with an inverter and old 12V router power supply as I already had the inverter setup on a toggle in the cab so I didn't have to do any special wiring or tapping into existing wires. I am going to get a second one to run as a passenger side blind spot camera.
on December 8, 2012
I purchased this for a DIY rear camera install on my 2006 Acura TSX

PROS
Great low light
Decent wire length

CONS
Better mounting hardware

Final points

The RCA jack and its low power consumption make this a cinch to install in my car. Great resolution, handles the elements quite well. Also the adjustable angle is very useful in fine tuning the view.
on August 7, 2014
I purchased 7 of these cameras. Three for our cargo trailer wirelessly transmitted to our motel room or restaurant, to move our possessions back to Calif. and 4 for surveillance around our new Calif. home. ( burglarized 3 times living in CA) The camera is designed for backup, temporary ON use, and the regulator gets hot in continuous service and may burn out. That's the hump in the wire cable. I used 4, 1N4001 diodes in series with the red + power lead to reduce the voltage by 2.8 Volts, and it runs much cooler. Any 1 amp diode rated at 200 volts or more will work fine. The striped end, the cathode, goes toward the camera. I'm running 3 cameras off this diode string. One watches the rear, one the side and one on the front watches the truck and hitch. I would coat them with RTV compound to weather proof them. Mike Kitsko
on November 10, 2012
Bought this camera through Amazon, finally got around to installing it the other day. This is the second backup camera I have installed and for such cheap technology they do seem to work very well. I installed this on an older Mercedes c230 and hooked it up to the video input on a Magellan 7" GPS. Routing the wiring was what took the most time, especially if you want a neat installation.

Camera works well, clear picture. Has a metal case unlike others made from plastic. Screws on the side are small and don't take much abuse. I don't see this camera lasting for years, but for the price, thats not a big deal.
review image review image
on November 3, 2014
C'mon guys, for the price you can't complain about it if doesn't have any major issues. I just installed mine and hooked it up into my 2002 ford explorer with an aftermarket panosonic double din screen. I was going to buy the $20 or $30 one but for $11.47 shipped it is worth it's weight because it gets rid of the blind spot directly behind the car where children like to play and crawl. Of course the camera itself could have a better resolution ( Or maybe it's my screen ) but for the price it's great. Took me awhile to run the wires but I used all oem locations and run throughs so it is time consuming. (4hrs) I probably could do without the lines, but at least it gives me a reference point. I can't say too much because it just got installed but I'll come back when it rains and it's been some time.
Also I'm uploading a video onto youtube. So get on there and search " Amazon Back up camera Nov2014 " and it'll pop up!