Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

A Reason to Get a Vita?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2013, 10:38:02 PM PDT
J.S. Lewis says:
I have a problem. I really, REALLY want this game, but I don't have a PS3 or a Vita. Now, Muramasa Rebirth already had me seriously considering getting a Vita (loved the Wii original), but Dragon's Crown is making me desperate (Vanillaware won me over with Muramasa). But...it's SO. MUCH. MONEY. So, come on, Sony; help a gamer out and lay the price-drop on that Vita.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013, 3:01:35 PM PDT
S. Stanley says:
I don't know if this helps your decision but I do think this is the game worth getting a Vita for. It was also announced at E3 that a Vita Walking Dead bundle is coming in August that will include Telltales games entire Walking Dead game with a new bonus chapter "400 days" This looks to be a great bundle if you have any interest in the Walking Dead game. Either way Dragons Crown should be great and along with Muramasa Rebirth is a reason to pick up a Vita.

Posted on Jun 11, 2013, 4:24:16 PM PDT
J.S. Lewis says:
Not sure I have any interest in a Walking Dead game (even though I love the show), but I agree, both Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon's Crown are totally worth getting a Vita for. It's just a matter of available funds for me. If I had the money for a Vita, there's no question I would go ahead and get one.

Posted on Jun 16, 2013, 12:05:38 PM PDT
A. Alvarez says:
If there was going to be a price drop Sony would have announced it during e3.

Posted on Jun 18, 2013, 9:46:00 PM PDT
D. H. says:
Not sure how you feel about used systems but there always seems to be hundreds of unsatisfied vita owners on craigslist you might be able to haggle with.

Posted on Jun 19, 2013, 12:42:02 AM PDT
J.S. Lewis says:
Huh, I may actually have to look into that.

Posted on Jun 24, 2013, 9:14:54 PM PDT
A. Alvarez says:
I've purchased a few systems on CL before...Wiis PSPs.... and that's about it- they were all fully functional but you can never be too safe- you can at least test the vita out before you purchase it.
Check to make sure all the buttons work- no sticky ones- the front and back touch... All can be done through the 'Welcome Pack' app....
..and there are just as many 3ds owners selling their handheld on CL as well........not just vitas.

Posted on Jun 25, 2013, 11:25:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2013, 8:49:05 AM PDT
D. H. says:
Didn't mean to make it sound like the vita is inferior to any other console or device. I'm a proud owner, others aren't. That's all.

But @A. Alvarez brings up an excellent point, make sure you (@J.S. Lewis) tell them to charge the battery beforehand so you can test the vita out via welcome park, and take all necessary precautions when buying locally.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2013, 12:41:38 PM PDT
Cudds says:
Yeah, I got a pretty nasty deal (both in good price and actual bad condition vs described of the Vita). And while I usually don't buy used gaming anything, the Vita really needs a price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2013, 10:26:21 AM PDT
Kohven says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 9, 2013, 12:15:55 PM PDT
I bought mine off website that sells refurbs or used ones for cheaper. I got mine and it only had a few minor scuffs and sctraches. other then that it was near perfect and ran fine. Vita is so worth it for 100 bucks

Posted on Jul 13, 2013, 9:04:30 AM PDT
I got my Vita on Ebay for $172 (it was almost new and the Call of Duty bundle, so I was pretty happy with the end-price) so maybe check out Ebay? I saw some "Buy Now" prices as low as $135, and it's possible you could win a bid that low or lower if you're lucky! Give it a shot at least, the Vita is DEFINITELY worth it, and this game looks like it's going to be a great edition to the steadily-growing collection of Vita games :)

Posted on Jul 27, 2013, 10:23:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2013, 10:55:22 AM PDT
B. Hoover says:
I also recommend going to Ebay. With a little patience, you can usually find a near perfect condition Vita for $170-180 with a memory card and sometimes a game.

Craigslist works great too. Found a Vita in pretty good condition for just $140. Usually you can haggle down the price as well on craigslist. Just be sure to meet INSIDE a public place as a precaution, such as a starbucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2013, 8:47:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2013, 8:47:55 AM PDT
Ted B. says:
It's several times more powerful than it's direct competitor, has a 5" multi-touch OLED screen, dual analog sticks and a rear touch pad that can provide extra shoulder buttons. Price drops are always nice, but at only $40-70 more than it's direct competitor, I'd say it provides more than enough comparative value as a piece of gaming hardware.

Personally, I hope they drop the price and bring out a newer version with an HDMI-out, built in 64GB (or higher) memory, and maybe even more battery life.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 4:25:45 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
Not necessarily. Back in 2007, Sony blatantly denied any plans for a price drop on the 60GB PS3. At the end of that weekend, news spread like wildfire that the new price was $499 while supplies lasted. Where Sony really screwed up was with the proprietary memory cards that add another sizable chunk to the already expensive console. I enjoy my Vita, but it seems I'm in the minority, and that includes developers.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 4:29:47 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
If they do as you suggest, I'm gonna be pissed. I bought a 3G Vita within 2 months of its release, along with a 32GB memory card. Yeah, I was stupid for paying that much. I enjoy my Vita, but I would have held off had I knew we'd go this long with such a shortage of software.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 8:40:29 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
Don't forget that it'll run you substantially more for a decent memory card. Since a decent-sized card is effectively required, I'd go ahead and include that price in the cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 9:39:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2013, 10:08:39 AM PDT
Ted B. says:
I wouldn't say we really had a long drought, just a false "Vita has no games" stigma in games media that was difficult to shake. The system launched with tons of titles, and there was something to play every month, or every other month. It just went from monthly to almost weekly starting around January.

Playstation Vita Game Releases Metacritic Rating 70+

02/2012 - 07/31/2013

EXCLUSIVES/TIMED-EXCLUSIVES:

88 Little Big Planet Vita
88 Velocity Ultra
86 Mutant Blobs From Outer Space Attack
83 Gravity Rush
83 Lumines: Electronic Symphony
82 Super Stardust Delta
80 Uncharted: Golden Abyss
79 Wipeout 2048
79 Switch Galaxy
77 Soul Sacrifice
77 Tokyo Jungle Mobile
76 Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
75 rymdkapsel
75 Dokuro
75 Frobisher Says
72 Smart As...
71 Escape Plan
70 New Little King's Story
70 Assassin's Creed: Liberation

PORTABLE VERSIONS OF MULTIPLATFORM TITLES:

93 Persona 4: Golden
90 Limbo
88 Rayman Origins
88 Machinarium
85 Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
85 Sine Mora
85 Mortal Kombat
85 Hotline Miami
85 Pixel Junk Monsters HD
83 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
82 Dead Or Alive 5+
81 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
81 Jak & Daxter HD Collection
80 Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
79 Muramasa: Rebirth
79 Street Fighter X Tekken
79 FIFA Soccer '12
78 Stealth Inc: A Clone In the Dark
78 Thomas Was Alone
78 Disgaea 3
78 Quell Memento
77 Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
77 Plants Vs Zombies
77 Puddle
76 Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
75 Jet Set Radio HD
72 Ninja Gaiden Sigma+
71 Big Sky Infinity

SIMULTANEOUSLY DEVELOPED & RELEASED MULTIPLATFORM:

88 Guacamelee
86 Zen Pinball 2
84 Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
84 Sound Shapes
79 Retro City Rampage
79 Need For Speed: Most Wanted
79 Pinball Arcade
78 MLB '13: The Show
78 Motorstorm RC
77 Sly Cooper 4
76 MLB '12: The Show
75 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
75 Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale
73 When Vikings Attack

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 10:59:13 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
Personally, I'm enjoying the heck outta my Vita, if for no other reason than Virtue's Last Reward and XSEED's support. What I don't get is why certain console-quality titles that are being released on mobile OS platforms (i.e. Final Fantasy Dimensions, Breath of Fire 6) are being neglected on the Vita. Also, certain titles like Disgaea D2, Guided Fate Paradox, and Project X Zone are curiously missing Vita ports. Of course, that's the developers' faults, not Sony's.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 11:16:14 AM PDT
Ted B. says:
I hear ya. I know Capcom is supposed to be releasing that Dragon's Dogma Quest game on iOS and Vita, so maybe that will be the market test... I would probably enjoy that new Breath of Fire game, even though a lot of forum goers got really annoyed that it was going to be an iOS game. I'm just happy it's handdrawn 2D, personally.

I would love Disgaea D2. I know Atlus is going bankrupt right now, which is sad news... so that will probably be a long hold up. I assume they'll release Disgaea 4 before D2, depending on how Disgaea 3 performed, but D2 would have been a perfect candidate for simultaneous release on Vita & PS3.

3rd party developers are acting like no money can be made, but a small downloadable title like Big Sky Infinity sold nearly 300,000 units on Vita in about 3 months. Three hundred thousand is better than no hundred thousand, imo.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about