Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on January 8, 2016
My daughter hated-HATED- handwriting. She couldn't see a purpose in it and generally made my life a living hell while we did it. Then I found A Reason for Handwriting. She sstill doesn't love it and it was a bit of a chore to first learn the letters, but once she learned them, shse started writing notes on her own, with out me prompting. She wrote my grocery liss and her chore chart on her white board IN CURSIVE! She sees a purpose in it now and I love that she is learning Bible verses and sending notes to friends and family.

As far as the actual letter formation, I do find fault with not showing the "connectors" on all the letters- how a vowel connects to the preceding letter can be left up to the child's discretion and, with no basis for comparison if they are writing without the book, my daughter gets flustered because it doesn't "look right." Maybe this is the new way to write, but they way I learned - with beginning and ending strokes for every letter, takes the guesswork out of it for the child.
on April 7, 2011
We have homeschooled for over 15 years now and tried multiple handwriting programs over the years, usually abandoning them for remarkable lack of success. I finally set out to find a handwriting curriculum that would address our specific needs.

I wanted one that would review the formation of each letter with arrows and dots to indicate where to start the pencil and what direction to do. I also wanted one that would go over each individual letter of the alphabet *before* asking the children to write full words. When they are on the letter a and haven't learned to write any further letters, HOW are they supposed to write the word APPLE appropriately, much less the full sentences that often appear on the bottom of the first pages? And lastly, I wanted one that would help my older students to correct their bad habits in handwriting.

Most handwriting curricula completely skip practicing the proper formation of letters after the first book or two. Most cursive handwriting programs assume that the student already has a proper grasp of printing and are not in need of a review nor in need of addressing bad habits they may have fallen into.

When I found this handwriting series, I was thrilled because it met these specific needs. We used the Transition level to address the bad habits my older students had formed in their printing and previous attempts at cursive. Level C has a great review of cursive letters prior to diving into the writing practice. We bought level A for our beginning writers and are just completely pleased with this program on all these levels.
Good book
on March 12, 2010
Yes, yes, a good series of books to learn to
write letters; manuscript and cursive. They have served us well through
the years and I have two sons still in books C and F.
Recommended.
on December 15, 2014
The only complaint is they leave un-needed questions for you. In the back they have these bordered pages that are blank for you to put the Bible verses they practice all week on. Well, they don't tell you on those pages which verses to write on which pages. Some people I asked said it didn't matter. (there's a teachers manual for these, which I do not think is needed at all). I just use them in the order of the other lessons. It would be so simple to write on the bottom of the page which verse it's designed for. (there are pictures in detail that look like they'd have some verse in mind). Also instead of jumping throughout the book, just even to have them in order, the lesson, then the blank page. But anyway it has cute colors and art so I think it's a fun type of handwriting practice for the kids.
on May 2, 2016
The book provides plenty of space for practicing writing cursive. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because some of the letters are slightly simplified from the way I learned cursive growing up. For example, the capital letter "H" omits the partial circle when you begin the stroke, using instead just a curved line. I made very minor changes to some of the letters before passing the book on to my child, and we're both very happy with it.
on January 26, 2017
The item I thought I was ordering was in fact not the item I had needed. Even though the ISBN numbers matched.