Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Reason To Believe
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on October 20, 2014
It was a unique storyline, and interesting. This is one of those stories where I loved Colan , and at times was annoyed with Lane and how she treated Colan. But it was sweet at times and the lovemaking was very mild - not very descriptive. I know one reviewer said it was HOT HOT HOT, but I disagree. They made love twice (within marriage), and you could feel the love and passion, but not over the top. I am not going into the premise of the story, but it is sweet, about superstitions that Scottish people grew up on, that made the story interesting. It is set in a castle in modern times. There isn't a lot of suspense, nor intrigue, but a sweet story about a girls love for her grandfather and what she will do to improve his health. (ljb)
on May 1, 2016
This story starts off fast and strong, with a young woman travelling to Scotland to inspect an endangered tree on behalf of her I'll grandfather. While there, she encounters a sizzling hot nobleman charged with protecting the forest. As Lane is taught about fairies and spirits manipulating people, she fights the superstition and her growing attraction to Conlan. The romance is hot and the family involvement is sweet.
on October 2, 2013
Lane is trying to safe her grandfather's life. He is convinced he is going to die if his tree in Scotland is chopped down. Lane doesn't believe in all the Scottish blarney but she doesn't want to lose him so off she goes to Castle McGregor.

Laird McGregor is stupefied when he meets the beautiful Lane and he can't believe she doesn't follow the Scottish traditions, he holds so dear. Even though he has never considered marriage Lane has him all tied up in knots. Can he save his castle, woe the stubborn woman and teach her about tradition? Read on...
on October 6, 2013
I loved this book! It is a wonderful romance story. I would like my own Conlan please! Lane is a bit unbending about her beliefs and I would hope in the real world someone would not be condescending about another one beliefs. But she does learn as the book progresses. If you want a wonderful love story with a hot Scotsman this is your book!
on September 29, 2013
A sweet, romantic and magical tale. I really enjoyed this story and all of the fun characters. I can't find any other books by this author but would definitely read more from Leslie Ann Dennis. Hoping the author continues with Bayard' s and Shannon' s story!
on October 3, 2013
This story is so sweet and entertaining that you do not want to say goodbye to the characters. The accent and the folklore were so real that the author either has lived in Scotland or she is very talented or both.
on January 3, 2012
I usually don't voice my opinion on a review, but I always read them and based on what a few of them say base my decision on whether to buy the book or not. This time I just felt let down by all the great reviews. Not that it wasn't a good story, but I would read one chapter and when I got to the next it was like a lot more had happened in the story than I had read. Like the hot, hot romance one reviewer wrote about never happened in the story I read. Maybe the copy I downloaded on my kindle was messed up. I thought maybe I hit the button on my kindle and turned to many pages so I'd go back only to find I hadn't missed any reading. It is like the author was thinking the story but never wrote it down. This happens continually and was frustrating to the point where I almost stopped reading. Conlan and Lane's relationship happened way fast and felt rushed and we the readers were given no details of how it developed. There were some grammar mistakes which I can overlook because hey I'm not the best and I can usually figure it out. Only one time was I confused and had to reread several times to make sense of it. I gave it a three because the main idea of the story was good I just wish the author would have shared more in depth details of how the story developed with us.
3 helpful votes
on September 29, 2013
A feel good Scottish tale sprinkled with lore, family and love. Conlan and Lane learn American practicality and Scottish whimsy can make for an interesting relationship.
on February 26, 2015
I liked it. Short story, entertaining and an easy read. Lane was a bit tiresome at times, but likable for the most part.
on January 28, 2012
When Lane Douglas' Scottish-American grandfather Ian lands in the hospital with a mysterious ailment, she's incredibly worried. Then the superstitious man tells the ever practical Lane that the tree planted by his father in Scotland is now diseased and if chopped down by the current laird of the land, Ian will die as well. Lane doesn't believe the old man, but to placate her ailing grandfather, she flies to Scotland to see the tree for herself.

Lane envisioned the Laird of Wolfscrag to be old and stuffy. Never did she imagine Conlan MacGregor to be young, masculine and insanely sexy. Soon, Lane is helping Mac save the dying tree, and against her struggling will she's falling for the charming Scottish Lord. Will she learn to accept that tradition and faith are not always to be dismissed? What's more, will she finally admit to herself and to Mac that she's in love with him before losing him forever?

Reason To Believe is a delightfully mesmerizing novella that grabs the reader on page one and doesn't let go until the very end. When Lane and Mac first met, her feistiness and sassy mouth were a little grating, but it became clear that these were mere defense mechanisms when faced with unfamiliar situations. Mac's charm and intense sex appeal were quickly arousing, and his tradition-bound honor was nothing short of swoon-worthy.

As a couple, Mac and Lane are well matched and their complementary characteristics have the reader rooting for them the entire way. Interspersed with tales of mythical creatures and local folklore, Reason To Believe is an entertaining novella that I read in one sitting and has created in me a new fan for writer Leslie Ann Dennis.

Courtesy of Fallen Angel Reviews