- File Size: 775 KB
- Print Length: 334 pages
- Publisher: Berkley; Reprint edition (April 3, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 3, 2012
- Sold by: Penguin Group (USA) LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006JSSF22
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #326,809 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
The Reason is You Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It started out a bit slow, but I now understand that the author was setting the stage, building the plot and the characters. I honestly don't really know where to start, there was so much in this book. I was so torn between Alex and Jason. Oh my the tears I shed when the decision was made for her. Oh how I fell in love with Alex and my heart sadden for all he lost and what was in his reach, but really wasn't. Their "first" kiss was electrifying.
This book was emotional charged, I cheered, I laughed and cried. I loved the discovery period between Jason and Dani. I loved the relationship and honest conversation Dani had with her daughter, Riley. You don't want to miss Miss Olivia, she is a hoot! This story touched a upon "bullying", being an outsider, about love lost and love found and finally acceptance.
"One single perfect white rose, lying in front of the cake. Jason is the second and greatest love of my life, my future, my best friend.
He's my everything now. Alex gave me that gift."
I hope I did this book justice in my review. I almost cried writing this, remembering all the potent scenes between the characters. I quite honestly will read this again, it is a must read book. Bravo to Sharla Lovelace for having a hit with this one!! All I can say is follow the tour, know that I am not along with my thoughts and buy the book when it is available. I debated between a 4.5 and a 5, in the end it deserved all 5 hearts!!
I should explain why I read this book in the first place. I was a huge fan of the TV show Moonlight. I LOVED Mick St John (played by Alex O'Loughlin) I haven't watched CBS since they canceled the show after one short season. When a friend from the "Save Moonlight" days sent me an e-mail with a link to an article [...] I was intrigued and ordered the book. I had no trouble picturing Alex in the book as Mick in the show which made this even more special. When Dani walked out of the house and saw him standing leaning against her car all dressed in black - that was it!
But I am ahead of myself here. I don't want to reveal too much, but Dani is the 41 year old mother of a 16 year old daughter, Riley, and is a single mom who has lost her job and had to come home to live with her dad and find a job in this small, according to Riley, podunk town on the coast. Dani had a very rough childhood as her mother died of an aueurysm just minutes after she was born. Dani can see and talk to dead people. As a child she didn't realize others could not until the other kids made fun of her for talking to herself. She became the brunt of their jokes and cruelty. When she was a teen she was led away from a bad situation by Alex, a hot guy of around 31 (Moonlight reference)and who just happened to be a ghost.Read more ›
Growing up, Dani was an outsider. Now, at 40, she's still an outsider. Her best friend, Alex, is a ghost who's been dead for 40 years. Dani first began seeing Alex when she was a teenager. Their relationship is sweet and sexy and mysterious. Things get complicated when Dani realizes that her teenage daughter can see ghosts too. Plus, there's a budding romance with a real flesh and blood living man--Dani's boss, Jason, who's got some baggage of his own.
I absolutely loved this novel. I especially loved the scenes between Dani and Riley, which feel so real. The ending had me sniffling, but was totally satisfying!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellently written. I don't normally read books twice but I did this one and I couldn't put it down again. It just draws you in and seems so real. Great read!Published 6 months ago by Amber Comeaux
This may be my favorite book I've ever read. The characterization and plot is simply brilliant, captivating, and emotional. I can't say one bad thing about this book. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Nicole Retzlaff
I really enjoyed this book! I would've really liked it if it would have been a series, and not just stopped with this book. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Mel D
This was a different story, interesting characters and unusual details. I enjoyed this story, and romance was good. There are things in this world unexplained.Published 10 months ago by Kindle Customer
This author is new for me but her writing style reminds me of Charlene Harris in that her main characters have believable and charismatic inner dialog. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Julie Drigot
I am going to be honest. At the beginning I really wasn't sure if I would get into this book. I mean talking to...wait, I don't want to give spoilers. Anyways... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Iowa Gal
I don't usually write reviews so it takes a book I really enjoy to get me to. I found this author when I read Stay With Me & I enjoyed it so much that I bought every other book by... Read morePublished 21 months ago by ycuamom
First time I have read a book published by this author. Loved her writing! Could not put book down until I finished it.Published 21 months ago by evangelina alanis
This is the first book by Sharla Lovelace that I have read. Wow. I absolutely loved this book! It was funny at times, heartwrenching at other times. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Kimberly Dawn
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Ghosts
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Dark Humor
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Humor
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Domestic Life
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Dark Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Ghosts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Psychics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy