- File Size: 790 KB
- Print Length: 103 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: April 23, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01EQNDYQI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #42,226 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Reawakened: A New Adult Urban Fantasy Novel (Chronicles of Cas Book 1) Kindle Edition
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Cas and her brother Damen are descendants of long line of Ley Line Guardians. Now that Damen ws captured, Cas is the one in charge to protect Salem during a turmoil period. The Ley Line is awake and open, forcing the paranormals to act weirdly. She must find a way to stop the violence and solve the mystery behind this outburst to protect the city and save those she loves.
The book is a nice quick read. The short chapters and quickly changing scenes move the story forward, developing the plot in a quite interesting way. The dialogues are okay, characters have potential, although Cas's actions really make a total mess of the situation development. Her feelings toward (or the whole relationship with) Jake is unclear and a bit confusing, although some chemistry is certainly noticeable. The same holds for Mr. Green Eyes, for me the most interesting character in the book. I can imagine a better experience if the story provided more images, more showing rather than telling, since this way I felt slightly detached and could not connect myself fully to the story and its actors.
But otherwise, it was entertaining read. I received a copy through AXP read & review program and chose to post a review.
We meet Cas who is a descendant of long line of Ley Line Guardians. I found her to be refreshing heroine. He was strong willed and yet could admit when she was wrong. (Cas's actions really make a total mess of situations she comes across)
I didn't find anything that struck me as something negative to voice. Though I did not find myself engaged in the characters as much as I would have liked to. I felt as if I was watching a movie, detached. I need to have more scenery descriptions.
It was a well paced with rapid changing scenes that really moved the story forward. The dialogue between characters was solid and believable. There seems to be some chemistry between Cas and a couple of the men. I'm hoping the story goes to the more unexpected one. I can't wait to see the characters develop more
Overall a solid start to a new and promising series.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Vampires
- Books > Romance > Werewolves & Shifters
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Witches & Wizards
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban