Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 3, 2013
I truly have fallen in love with Rebecca Minkoff bags. Within the past month I have purchased another two to add to my collection. Her bags are gorgeous, there's no question about that. The leather is very supple and soft and has that wonderful smell of quality. I have received so many compliments in regards to this particular bag. The Swing Shoulder bag is a wonderful size, has beautiful details that make it unique, and can go with nearly everything I own. I also love how this bag may be worn with jeans and a t-shirt as well as a nice dress and heels. It is very versatile. Now, I have encountered some problems in the very short time I have owned this handbag. The first is.... the leather. Yes, as I mentioned before it is so soft and supple and gorgeous. However, this causes for it to scratch easily, way too easily. I take handbag care very seriously. It is an investment. I honestly do not understand how so many scratches could appear out of nowhere in the very little time it has been since I purchased this handbag. With the handbag being such a light shade of pink the scratches are rather noticeable - and that is unacceptable. Also, the leather appears to be rubbing off near the opening of the bag. This is also unacceptable. Perhaps the quality of leather is not so great? I would recommend this handbag to others, BUT definitely invest in some leather treatment and do not be surprised when (not if) there are quite a few very NOTICEABLE scratches that appear to have come out of thin air. The other minor complaint I have with this handbag is the simple fact that it is made in China. Rebecca Minkoff started off making her handbags here in the USA and I find it a bit disconcerting that they are now made in China. To some I am sure this is not a huge deal, and it isn't even the biggest deal to me. I just would really prefer that my nice, not to mention expensive, handbags be made in the USA or Italy. Seeing the words "Made in China" inside my gorgeous leather bag kind of makes me think of cheap toys and sad slave labor. Not pleasant.
7 people found this helpful
on March 3, 2013
I can't believe this purse is falling apart. I should have bought it at Nordstrom. Don't buy your purses from anywhere else, not worth it.
on October 27, 2012
I never have bright green color bag before, but when I got this bag and this color is really pretty. Also good quality leather.
One person found this helpful
on December 25, 2012
The inner zipper is broken and leather looks as if it's been used for more than half year after 15 days' use,so poor quality.
on October 31, 2011
I purchased this bag in navy and it exceeded my expectations. The leather was soft and the strap was glamorous without being heavy. It's more comfortable to wear and less heavy than the MAC, which I also ordered but opted to return. I also love that the strap can be worn crossbody or on the shoulder, and even looks good tucked into the bag -- it just looks like the strap is part of the design across the front. The side zippers are an interesting detail without being obtrusive, and offer the added versatility of increasing the bag's capacity. The inside of the bag is divided by a small horizontal zipper compartment, which adds organization but decreases capacity somewhat. Larger items will not fit. This is overall a lovely and versatile bag that I feel comfortable wearing for daytime and evenings out. My one complaint would be that the closure is magnetic rather than zipper, which some will not like, though I should mention that the magnets are strong and closure quite secure. I should mention also that I find the long tassels to be quite a hindrance as it was tangled with the straps when I received it. I took them off as I don't think they really flow with the aesthetic of this bag. This is such a nice bag; if it proves to be constructed with quality (sometimes it takes months to really know!), I may purchase one of the quilted ones, even though I suspect those may be heavier. Fabulous!
9 people found this helpful
on June 15, 2013
My 3rd RM and my love affair continues. My Rose Gold Swing with gold hardware is a beauty. It's a very striking purse - not your everyday purse for sure but for a night out in a cute dress or a pair of skinny jeans with a great stiletto, this purse is a hit. See my other reviews about other RM styles I own. The quality is superb. The Rose Gold leather is a thick, rich, mildly pebbled leather, and the zippers and hardware are also of great quality. I cut the tassles to a shorter length just to suit my preference. The crossbody look or double chain shoulder, both work well for me. Once you have all your basic everyday colors, this is a great addition to your purse wardrobe. I will definitely being buying another Swing purse as the style is great.
Side note - I have read reviews for over 20 yrs, to aid me with my buying choices; from vacations, to luggage and vacuums, watches and shoes. I have never felt compelled enough, or been bothered to take the time to write one, until I got my first RM a couple weeks back. I highly recommend.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.