Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet: Lose Weight, Get Healthy and Feel Amazing Paperback – February 4, 2014
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
''The juicing phenomenon is set to take the world by storm.''
''Joe's ability to drastically transform his health through juicing makes him a true expert on the subject. His plant-based philosophy is progressive and has the potential to change the lives of millions.''
--Brendan Brazier author of Thrive and Thrive Energy Cookbook
''In his new book Joe provides a path to re-programing your relationship with food, to quickly and dramatically getting your body back to its original factory settings. If you want a great way to Reboot, if you are looking to get a quick jump start on your health and are looking for a powerful, safe, delicious way to get healthy, The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet is your book.''
--Mark Hyman, M.D., author of The Blood Sugar Solution
About the Author
Joe Cross is an Australian filmmaker and entrepreneur whose personal journey of transformation was chronicled in the award-winning documentary ''Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead,'' which to date has been viewed by more than ten million people around the world. Joe's journey to reclaiming his health and vitality through a 60-day program of consuming nothing but the fresh juice of fruits and vegetables--''liquid sunshine,'' as he calls it--inspired millions of people to follow his example. Joe created Reboot with Joe (rebootwithjoe.com) to provide information and tools to a global community of people eager to ''Reboot'' their lives. This book is Joe's complete, easy-to-follow plan, which includes advice, tips, and insights into the emotional and physical effects of a Reboot.
Joe lives between New York, New York, and Sydney, Australia. His next documentary will be released in 2014.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
**** I am not a rep for this company, I pre-ordered the book as well as the Kindle edition and use both to reboot at least 3x/yr ... because rebooting DOES make me feel sooooo good that I literally GLOW!
I've mentioned above that it was difficult at first, so I want to share with you some tips.
1. You will buy a lot of produce and it will fill your refrigerator. I have a family of 5, and of course I have to shop for them as well. I only bought 5-7 days worth of produce and if I know that my family will eat what's on the guide for that day, I cooked extra for my family as well.
2. For me, day 3 and 4 are the worst as far as the headaches occurring while you are first starting. But come day 5,I have so much energy! I used to have migraine headaches, but now they're gone! I took some time from work, as I work full time. So I was at home when I have all the headaches from detoxing from sugar. Oh but it's all worth it. Like I said above, my taste buds have been trained that even in my workplace where there's treats in the lunch room all the time, I just don't have the desire For them anymore.
3. Juicing will take time to cut and prepare the fruits and vegetables. I do my grocery shopping on the weekends and I juice all my juices for the week. I put the ones that I will not drink from day 3 onwards in the freezer, and just take it out the day before to defrost. Saves the space in my refrigerator too.
4. It seems like you have a bigger grocery bill at first. But after eliminating the treats from my shopping cart, and since we're eating less meat now, as I have discovered new recipes that my family likes too, I didn't have to add money to my grocery budget. I only added about 25% to my food budget when I was on the 10 day plan, but now it's just the same.
5. There are days when I don't feel hungry, but I feel like I need to eat something more substantial. Like I said you will get to know yourself. Even when I was on the 10 day plan, I eat a banana, or some nuts, or an avocado. I felt like I was so cold at times. I will add some soup on those days to warm me up. I'd honestly say that I didn't follow the 10-day strictly, but like I said you will get to know yourself. I got all those good side effects anyway still.
I was blessed to be given a centrifugal juicer by a co-worker that is buying a new juicer. So I didn't have to buy a juicer to begin with. I have already given a copy of this book to her as a gift. She says that the recipes in this book had taken her juicing to a whole new level. By the way, I know some of the reviewers would say that they can find the recipes online for free. All the recipes in this book are delicious. I have to decrease the amount of celery to the juices that call for them, as those are the ones that tastes like "grass" to me. I have tried a few recipes from their website, but sad to say I don't find them delicious at all. So for now I will stick with the recipes that are in this book. There's a lot of juicing recipes in this book anyway, that I didn't find them boring even if I'm already in the 2nd month of incorporating juicing in my life.
This book is good overall. I'm glad that they published this book, as I don't have to pay a huge amount for their guided reboot. I'm pretty much a diy-er in topics like these, and I'm the type who don't want to spend so much for things I can do on my own like this. Like I said it will change your life!
Day one: Make sure you have the day off of work, it is miserable.
Day two, okay, but I was lethargic.
Day three: I started to feel a little better.
Day four: I was completely and utterly ravenous! I would have eaten shoe leather at one point. I was faint and dizzy and gave in to some animal proteins (Tilapia fish). It was the best choice I could have made. I felt sooo much better. I realized, that I need more protein than the diet can offer with just juice.
As a result, I am implementing his suggestion on page 177. If you are like me, build some more vegetable proteins into your plan. I have lost 4 pounds in 4 days, and I am on the road to wellness, I just need a slightly modified plan. So no more meat,but I will be throwing some all vegetarian protein powder and legumes or beans into my daily mix. Via, shake, juice. or if need be, a salad!
Hope this helps!