Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on November 18, 2011
I didnt consider this a toy. I also wasnt too pleased with it. No backspacing. If you make an error you have to start all over. Very time consuming and annoying. Would not recommend it.Sorry!
on December 22, 2011
i have to start off by saying that i wanted very badly to love this product, even just a lil bit would have been fine. the keypad is less responsive than i would have liked. i have very nimble fingers and found this device somewhat frustrating to use. it is also much thicker than i would like. i find it very impractical to carry around. i wanted an organizer that does not connect to a computer, but also one that is easy to use. maybe i would have liked this better if i did not have so many websites to enter already. between the tiresome entry of passwords and the thickness, it just did not live up to my expectations. sure it works, and does what it says, there is a ton of room for improvement in this device. i would have been happy to pay more for an organizer like this, if it were thinner and easier to use. and if this company were to redesign the product, and addressed those issues, i'd be willing to buy one.

summary, it works, but is lacking. this maybe a good product for some people out there, but not for me.
on November 9, 2012
WHEN I READ THE REVIEWS SAYING IT WAS DIFFICULT TO WORK OR WAS SLOW ECT.SO I BOUGHT A DIFFERENT ONE THAT MANY PEOPLE HAD REVIEWED AND SAID I WAS EASY TO USE , GREAT PRODUCT, ECT.WELL THEY WERE WRONG THE OTHER ONE TOOK AN HOUR AND PROBIDLY 50 TRIES TO SET-UP THE SYSTEM.I TOOK A CHANCE AND BOUGHT THE PASWORD VAULT AND I LOVE IT.IT'S DURABLE , SIMPLE TO USE .I SUGGEST THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE WHO HAS TOO MANY ACCOUNTS TO REMBER.
on April 9, 2012
This is a great product. It allows you to have multiple passwords for all your online accounts at your fingertips. It stores a large number of entries. You should always have a large variety of passwords and not use the same one over and over for different accounts. This allows you to have the security of many passwords and a way of accessing them instantly. There are only a couple of improvements I would appreciate seeing, A lighted screen for easier views of the entries, and a way to type in the first few letters of the account you are trying to access that would take you there so that you did not have to scroll through the whole list.
on March 21, 2012
This device does OK in keeping your log in information at your disposal. But it could use some upgrades. It's like a phone and you have to hit each button several times to get to the number and / or letter you want to insert. It should be set up like a QWERTY keyboard instead. It also doesn't have provisions for entering a space. It could also use a back light, it's difficult to read in certain light conditions. But until something better comes along this will do OK.
on February 19, 2016
This product really deserves a minus five (- 5) rating. When the batteries were changed the Password Vault must have decided to change the password too. I was never able to get into it again. Buying this was a total waste of time and money. Fortunately I still had a copy of all my passwords.
on July 22, 2012
the item (password vault) i purchased has a certain amount of value as i have grown more familiar with the gadget despite it's draw-backs such as limited symbols and etc.
on May 14, 2014
I bought it a year ago.
In general it works for my needs, It's small and I can store my passwords with history and need a workaround for some ascii characters. Still there are a few passwords I still prefer to use the brain memory.
I do not want too be too nice and only give 3 stars.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I saw and understand a couple of the negative comments. its a password keeper for 17$ not an Laptop.
-Setup was simple.
-Regarding keyboard too small. That's the beauty, it's small. Otherwise take a laptop with SW (the keyboard is larger)
-Scrolling down and putting the data in. Yes, that's true, I had to put in my passwords and to find them I need to scoll down.
At least, start with Z up or start with A down
-Not all special characters: that's true and definitive a negative point.
my solution: because I use only 2-3 special characters,
I replace them in the password keeper with 2-3 others like @ (always the same). When I see the @ I know it is actually the
other. So in my case all password are wrong in the first glance. The good thing, I know that.
-I replaced a couple of weeks ago the battery and was worried if my data will be lost. It's just a cheep 17$ piece. Fortunately the data were not lost.

The thing is not fancy, just keeping passwords. I have right now somehow like 30 different passwords.
When I did not use the password for a couple of months I do not always 100% remember.
Then I check in the password keeper.
When I have to change a password for some reason I put in the notes the old password and setup the new.
You know some systems do not allow you to re-use the last passwords and 30x 5 password. I cannot keep that all in mind.
on May 26, 2012
First Off...it would take me hours and hours to enter the info on this unit because of it's keyboard design. I won't comment on it as others that have reviwed it and have explanied it's keyboard entry design flaws. After the first entry I deleted and erased it. What a PINA!!! You would think they would design a soft ware program that you could enter all info on and then transfer to the unit via USB.

Of course the program on your computer could then be deleted so all is in one place on the Vault. Now I am stuck with this POS. It's a Pain to go thru the hassle of trying to return it to Amazon since the package has been opened and I won't get a full refund plus I'd have to pay shipping.

My fault was not reading the reviews before I bought this lame device. I usually read them but I just skipped over it this time. So I'll just eat it. It's my fault for buying the Vault!!

Others may like it but I just ripped up $35.00 and change.. A lesson learend..It's on me. My Advice for what it's worth... SAVE YOUR MONEY..
on August 16, 2013
The product works as advertised. It's small and inexpensive. As a member of the "pre-computer literate generation" I could have used more complete directions. That one quibble aside ( which my children solved) I am a satisfied customer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.