- Any video game purchase of $19.99 or greater on Amazon.com will qualify you to receive an Amazon promotional code that will grant you three exclusive pieces of DLC for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood! Codes will be sent 48 hours after purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "8Bitdo Retro Receiver for NES Classic Edition (Blu...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 15% off the $16.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
About the product
- Play your NES Classic Edition wirelessly
- Compatible with all 8Bitdo controllers and arcade sticks
- Compatible with next gen controllers: PS4, PS3, Wii Mote, and Wii U Pro
- Wireless Bluetooth, no lag
- Access the NES Classic Edition home screen by pressing DOWN & Select on the NES30 controller
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Retro Receiver for NES Classic Edition
Play your NES Classic Wirelessly via Bluetooth with over 14 controllers.
Access the NES Classic Edition home screen by pressing DOWN & Select on any controller.
8Bitdo & Next Gen
Compatible with next gen controllers: PS4, PS3, Wii Mote, and Wii U Pro.
2 Player Support
Play your NES Classic wirelessly with two players. (two receivers required).
Compatible with over 14 wireless controllers. 8Bitdo and Next Gen. PS4, PS3, Wii Mote & Wii U Pro.
Use Sony's PS4 controller with your NES Classic.
Use 8Bitdo's SNES controller with your NES Classic.
Use Nintendo's Wii Mote controller with your NES Classic.
Use NES30 Pro controller with your NES Classic.
Play your NES Classic Edition wirelessly! The Retro Receiver is a Bluetooth receiver that you plug into your NES Classic Edition. It allows you to play your NES Classic Edition wirelessly. With the Retro Receiver, not only can you play your NES Classic Edition wirelessly with any 8Bitdo controller or arcade stick: but you can even use wireless next gen controllers, too.
Includes: NES30 Controller, Retro Receiver for NES Classic Edition & USB Cable
Reviews of NES30 Classic Edition Set:
"feels remarkably like the original NES gamepad...it makes a great retro-gaming device even better" - The Verge
"The NES Classic's biggest issue just got solved" - Tom's Guide
"say goodbye to the NES Classic Edition’s bizarrely short game pad cables" - Forbes
"Very cool...now you can reset the whole system from your controller by holding down & select" - IGN
"The NES30 is awesome" - Venturebeat
"The important thing is that this controller feels like a Nintendo controller... Plus…the connection is rock solid." - TechCrunch
Top Customer Reviews
* Wireless (this was my biggest selling point)
* DOWN + SELECT brings you back to the NES Classic Mini menu (this was my second biggest selling point)
* Getting two controllers to work together is funky (see below)
* The D-Pad is good, but not great
* I would have have preferred the two button version (like the original NES) instead of having four red buttons
A note on two controllers ...
Two controllers work just fine, but you have to understand how to get things set up to use two at once. The instructions below assume you've already paired your controllers with their dongle.
Instructions for using two controllers:
1. Make sure your NES Classic Mini is OFF
2. Make sure BOTH of your controllers are OFF
3. Plug in both dongles
4. Turn the NES Classic Mini ON
5. Turn one controller ON, wait for it to connect
6. Turn the other controller ON, wait for it connect
Unfortunately, it looks like you have to go through that procedure EACH time you want to play using both controllers.
* If you have both dongles in, but are only using one controller, you'll get some funky interference (connection drops, lags, etc)
* If you want to play one player, just unhook the second dongle
* If you want to play two player, follow the procedure outlined above
******* 1/6 Update *******
A few days in, and I have to change my review from 4 stars to 1. Here's why ...
Even using the above method, when playing a game where both plays are playing at the same time (like Dr. Mario), using 2 of these controllers, after a few minutes, the controllers get confused. A button pressed on one will register on the other, and visa versa, making game play impossible.
8BITDO, how can you solve this for people using two of your controllers?
Please find the firmware software and upgrades in the link below and let us know if this helps!
- 8Bitdo Support
I was playing games I have played my whole life and couldn't figure out why I kept dying and sucking really bad at the game...
Then I realize it is because the B & A buttons are diagonal to each other... when I am so used to them being side by side and in so many games being used to pushing them at the same time and being able to lean my thumb over just a smidge and hit the right button...
Example: Running in Super Mario 3.... You hold down B....then move thumb just a bit to press A so you can jump while running or flying...
I tried to get used to it, I just couldn't... 20 years of being used to something is not easily changed... I ended up getting extensions until I find a BT controller with side by side buttons.