Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on October 27, 2016
I feel that I owe this book its due...I have scores and scores of cookbooks, cooking magazines, pinterest pins, clippings..you know. .a recipe hoarder. I am a sucker for pictures of recipes. Love love love food pictures. So having stated this..this little cookbook, with no fancy author and absolutely no pictures is my FAVORITE cookbook EVER. Tonight I am preparing all the food for my son's wedding rehearsal and it struck me how many dishes came from this book. It is such a true testament to how America really cooks and eats that I've decided to order one for each of my children. Mine is possibly too tattered and worn to pass on.
review image
on February 12, 2001
This is the best collection of delectable recipes EVER! I depend on it for everything now. The first recipe I tried was the cheesecake, and my husband looked at me and said: "to die for." The pecan pie is without equal. I prepared the food for 250 guests after our daughter's wedding, and every recipe came from this book. The chocolate raspberry truffle brownies were the biggest hit! The finger foods were wonderful! The thing that cooks will like the best is that they can be assured that every single recipe will turn out great--that they've all been tested and chosen as winners. No more leafing through and trying to decide IF something will be a praisworthy dish; now you KNOW! Love this book!
on April 4, 2008
This is not elegant French cuisine or elegant cooking of any other type, but it is THE BEST church-basement, homey, pot-luck supper, midWestern style cooking collection of recipes I've ever had the pleasure of finding. I recommend it with one tiny reservation, that tiny reservation being that some of the recipes forget that spices don't begin and end with salt and pepper, there are others available now. Otherwise, it is a terrific book, worth far more than the trivial price.
on June 6, 2013
Since the book is old, some of the recipes I was already familiar with. The recipes that were new to me were fabulous! Banana bread recipe was worth the price of the book. A co worker said it was the best banana bread she has ever had. Definitely a keeper.
on December 9, 2015
This is a nice cookbook. It's just not the type of recipes I generally make.
on November 6, 2012
this is great - even had some old favorite recipes that I had lost over the years. I am so glad I purchased it and plan to use it for the upcoming holidays. I am especially glad that it is on my Kindle Fire so that I can easily carry around.
on September 20, 2014
I ordered this for my daughters-in-laws because it's my favorite and I also received it as a gift.
on August 17, 2014
Every recipe I have tried from this book is great! The gingersnaps are the best!
on March 11, 2011
This is a small cookbook with many really good recipes in it!! I have been cooking for 50 years, and every once in a while, a little gem of a cookbook falls into my hands...this is one of those!!
on April 29, 2015