Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 297 reviews
on May 17, 2013
I have purchased numerous cookbooks just to end up giving them away because of my disappointment in the contents. Christine Ha's "Recipes from My Home Kitchen" is a keeper! Not only are her recipes uncomplicated and appetizing, her written narrative provides a wonderful context in which I understand her culinary perspective. I am a southern cook who is a fan of Asian cuisine so this book truly relates to my interests. This is remarkable book by an equally remarkable woman.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2016
Christine Ha really makes this cookbook easy to follow. First Chicken Curry recipe I tried....I don't think I've tasted a better version even in NYC Vietnamese restaurant. She added Italian dishes I haven't tried yet, but...I highly recommend. It's nice to cook from a book author that you actually saw win Masterchef. Unique! She is a class act. Glad to support her and taste my way through her kitchen!
on May 26, 2017
watched the show, and glad she won, so had to support. such a inspirational story. I've cooked several things, many excellent things. 4 stars because I didn't enjoy a few items.
on July 6, 2013
I own a lot of cook books, and some I like more than others. This is my newest cook book and I have currently made 2 recipes. Both had simple instructions to follow, and both were exceptionally delicious. For those of you who think that this is a cook book full of asian recipes, let me clear that up - there are a variety of dishes from around the world. The two recipes I have made were baked ziti and chicken curry. I have been making baked ziti for 15 years, and this was by far the most flavorful and delicious baked ziti I have ever made. As for the chicken curry, I have never before made any curry, and was a little hesitant, but this recipe was also delicious. Christine's writing style is friendly, easy to follow, and offers many alternatives and options for the recipes. I highly recommend this cook book, I am sure it will be a quick favorite for you just as it has become a favorite of mine.
on August 16, 2013
Many, many thanks to Christine Ha. I love to cook and she is now one of the chefs that are the reason why. Her love of food and the heart and soul she not only puts into it but in describing the ingredients and thought behind the dish could make a anorexic person what to cook. I do not purchase cook books but I do take recipe/recipe ideas from various cooking shows/websites. I bought this book with no hesitation for my iPad. The words preceding her recipes are as beautifully delicious as I know many of the dishes will be. I should note although I make all of my dishes from scratch - chips, sauces, ice cream - if I'm eating it I made everything. But - I DO NOT like most foods. This is why I love chef's like Christine. How many ways can you eat chicken? I had to get into cooking different recipes or eat fried chicken the rest of my life. Now if asked the question about cooking chicken, the answer is infinity and beyond. I take my food to work and am always asked for some - the smells envelope the entire office. It's chicken over rice. But....inspired by Lydia's Italy (Thank you Joe for your Mom) after browning the chicken, I added some cherry peppers (as I don't like unpeeled red peppers) then added mushrooms, seasoning with salt/pepper thyme, a little chicken stock. Do you see why I love Chef Christine Ha? Her dishes are just that simple with easily found ingredients. She can easily be on the steps in time with greats such as Julia Childs.
I can't say it enough. Thank you Christine, Gordon, Joe, Graham and Master Chef. I'll keep watching as I'm sure more great chefs are to follow.
on November 17, 2013
I bought this cookbook for my wife, who loved Christine's cooking and personality on Master Chef. The Recipes from My Home Kitchen offers a little more than your average cookbook. It gives insight in Christine Ha's personal life and views. As some of the other reviewers have stated, the book has some basic recipes in it. However, I find that these recipes, while traditional and something most any home cook knows how to create, have a slight change to it based on Christine's cooking. I don't think this takes away from her ability as a chef as some others have suggested. It's Christine's cookbook, not a cookbook-for-things-you-haven't-seen-before. There are some very delicious recipes located in this book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has interest in Master Chef (she has some of the dishes she prepared in MC in the book) or Christine Ha.
on December 4, 2014
Christine Ha is amazing and one of my chef favorites... I followed her through the whole season of MasterChef and called her win when I first saw her come out to greet chef Ramsay, Joe, and Graham! Her recipes are amazing and I haven't tried all of them yet but let me tell you I am, not a huge fan of fish or seafood at all, and I am willing to eat her recipes!

I got an amazing deal on a new copy of this cookbook and would ABSOLUTELY recommend it! If you do not know much about Christine Ha, she is blind, and competed on a show called MasterChef and won the whole thing! She won! And besides being an AMAZING cook, she is a huge inspiration for everyone!
on June 26, 2013
This is a very nice cookbook with different and interesting recipes. None of them take a long list of exotic ingredients and with each one Christine has given us a little of her personal history of the dish. You get a strong flavor of her perky personality and determination to do what she loves despite her blindness. I find Christine Ha to be an inspirational person and if you think so to, you will probably really enjoy this book. If you are expecting all Asian cuisine you will be dissapointed as it is a blend of recipes both Asian and western. I have only made one recipe from this book, but it did come out fantastic and I'm anxious to buy the ingredients to try some of the others. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and just wish Christine Ha the best of luck in everything.
on September 18, 2015
I have been a fan of Christine since her very 1st appearance on MasterChef and was so excited for her when she won. When she reappeared as a guest on the current season I was reminded that I still did not have her cookbook so I immediately ordered it! I just finished reading through it and I am so excited to try her recipes and absolutely love her stories through out the book! :)
on January 5, 2014
Overall, this isn't a bad cookbook. I've gotten some good recipes from it. I guess I expected more from the Asian side than the American side. The majority of the American stuff I already knew how to make. I also found it to be somewhat simple compared to all the extravagant dishes I watched her prepare on MasterChef.