|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
Reckless Secrets: A Contemporary College-set New Adult Romance (Reckless series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 303 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Ellie is now happier than she's been but she's still having to keep secrets. She loves Logan and just wants to be with him but she's worried that he will feel betrayed when the truth comes to light. She wants to finally have a family that loves her but Jason is worried about his wife. She's still hurt and confused about her mother and her ex-boyfriend.
Some of Logan's secrets have come to light but there are more that he keeps inside. He's a really good guy and so many girls want to be with him. But he only has eyes for El. He doesn't want to be with anyone else but he doesn't want to hurt other girls feelings or hurt them. He does some really good things for others.
Here's some of my gripes with the book:
1. Ellie's backbone is made of soggy spaghetti noodles. Logan disrespects her numerous times in Book 1 and 2, yet she does nothing and begs him not to shut her out. Logan's family disrespects her and plays her like a fiddle, she offers some glib replies yet does nothing.
2. The concept of all-consuming true love in college is a bit overstated in YA books. Their romance felt a bit fake. Most college students are drunken, adrenaline-seeking, hornballs. Love does happen but the super sappy, found-the-love-of-my-life-in-a-month cliche didn't quite fit for Logan and Ellie's story.
3. Angsty love. I love Dawson's Creek and Felicity just like everyone else, but those shows depicted angsty, gut-wrenching romance like it was the norm for young 20 year olds. And the Reckless series seems to be doing so as well. Sometimes people are just happy to be in love and without the drama. Then again, maybe some unpredictable drama would've been beneficial to this book.
4. Lies and lies. Ellie lies to Logan for the duration of their relationship even though Logan had come forward rather early. The hypocritical aspect of Ellie's personality was irksome. She was incredibly nosey about Logan's personal problems but refused to share own.
5. WHAT ABOUT AUSTIN?!! Man I was hoping Austin would come back and give Logan a run for his money. With all of Logan's past sexual pursuits being bandied about, one would think Ellie would have another genuine love interest waiting in the wings. Alas, she gets stuck with creepy Byron and a platonic friendship with her math study buddy.
6. No one thinks to put Logan into counseling/therapy? Usually school's make that an option when dealing with sexual assault. Or responsible parents advocate for it. Also, no counseling/therapy for attempted suicide either? Or a semester off? Come on... make this a bit realistic.
PS- WHAT DOES ELLIE LOOK LIKE? Logan keeps saying that she's beautiful but doesn't even know it. The author doesn't bother to give Ellie a description which is perplexing to say the least.(less)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary