- File Size: 1196 KB
- Print Length: 305 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Fireweed Publishing (November 24, 2011)
- Publication Date: November 24, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006E22IXU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #28,681 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Reckless Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 3) Kindle Edition
|Length: 305 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Book 3 of 7 in A Modern Witch (7 Book Series)
Featured Recent Releases
Browse the following literature & fiction recent releases to find your next great read.
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Debora Geary just released her new novel in the "Modern Witch" series and there isn't a single moment in which Debora can be caught writing. Each book is a magical place where characters become best friends and the laughter and tears are completely real.
This might be the best book in the series but it's enormously difficult to choose a favorite. All of the love, empathy, friendship, and yes, magic, are there. Aervyn is back and is just as charmingly incorrigible as ever. Nat continues to inspire me to nurture tranquility through yoga and meditation. Nell is everything I strive to be as a mother. Newcomer Sierra, "fetched" from her internet job search, is a lonely and powerful eighteen year old water witch and more. She needs all the care the witching community has to give but is the community strong enough to contain the recklessness of a teenage witch who is long on power and compassion but short on responsibility?
When you settle in to read about Sierra's journey to find her place in the witching world, you will have to lay in some supplies before turning the first page. Here are a few essentials and please learn from my experience -- you will save yourself some very important reading time.
1. The Chair -- It is of vital importance that your chair be large, overstuffed, and equipped with an extremely soft blanket. You won't be leaving this chair until you finish the book which brings me to the second point...
2. Supplies -- Two large thermoses, one with the herbal tea of your choice and the other with some nice, hot soup to sustain you since ...Read more ›
That is saying a lot considering how much I loved the others.
***SPOILAR ALERT*** My review has pieces of information that you may not want to read until you've gotten the book.
In "A Reckless Witch", we are introduced to some new characters. We meet Jamie's brother, Devin, along with their old friend Govin, a very serious weather witch and his non-witch friend, TJ.
However, the most important character we meet is 18-year old Sierra, an incredibly powerful weather witch who was raised to be reckless.
Sierra's mother was the original reckless witch--unfortunatly she lost her life because of it and leaves Sierra orphaned at 12 years old.
This story follows Sierra's struggle to learn that magic is not all fun and games, and what happens when you don't take your power seriously enough. It's up to Govin-serious mathematician witch- and Devin-a reckless witch who knows how to do it responsibly- to train her and teach her the responsibities her power brings.
I cried through Sierra's struggle to find her self-worth. My heart melted when little Kenna was born. I laughed with joy when I read the outcome of Lauren and Devin's relationship. I can't remember the last time I read a book with such an emotional impact.
Nat has always been one of my favorite characters and this just brought that up a notch. I love the inner-strength and the sense of absolute peace that Debora Geary has given this character. Plus the fact that when she looses it Lauren and Jamie are right there to help her find it again.
Now comes the part I hate... Having to wait until the next book comes out!!
Happy reading, everyone. I would highly recommend this book and hope you enjoy it as much as myself and others do.
1. This book is a tremendous improvement over book 2. I was never tempted to delete the book before finishing it.
2. There is actual character development. Even though only one character actually develops, it's an improvement. I like that a teenager is involved instead of just wise earth mother Whoopi Goldberg types
3. Something actually happens in this book. Lives are at risk, people argue, something even carks it. They're not just sitting around the kitchen wolfing down doughnuts and gossiping
1. Enough with the eating already. Almost every scene is introduced with cookies, chocolate, waffles and so on. It's time for a new transition.
2. The women are interchangable. They speak the same, act the same, have the same philosophies and basically all sound the same. Fortunately, they have different names, so the authour can build on that.
3. Please, please, enough about pregnancy. There are at least three pregnant women and about 20 percent of the book is about being pregnant or talking about being pregnant. This is supposed to be about witches.
4. It's great that there are men in the book. It would be even better if they actually talked like men. The authour should hang out with blokes a bit and listen to how they interact.
5. The women need to grow a pair and stop crying so much. To be fair though, after reading about someone eating cookies for the 100th time, I felt like crying too.
Overall, this book is almost as good as the first and far, far better than the second.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Now, I still have a few issues in where I feel like the author has rushed a bit, but I still really like this one. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Joy
After reading this book I may stick with the series as I enjoyed it more than the second book. The characters are beginning to develop. Read morePublished 2 months ago by KarenL
Good book. I appreciate the imagination the author uses to bring this series into today.Published 2 months ago by Candace Clark
New characters added more fun and adventures to the clan. I enjoyed reading this book and looking forward to the next one!Published 2 months ago by jane
I din't like the book so much. The story was boring. I would not recommend the book to my friends.Published 4 months ago by Su
I'm truly enjoying this series . The writer does a wonderful job of helping you experience the emotions of the characters . There is a lot of love in each book .Published 4 months ago by Shea Looyd
This was an OK book. The writing was not that spectacular, but the characters were likable. A lot of new characters were introduced and we get to see where the old ones are at in... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Teresa Quintana
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban