- File Size: 2262 KB
- Print Length: 361 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: February 21, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06W5LBRLB
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #13,176 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $11.01 (73%)
Recon: A War to the Knife Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Randall Munroe/Tyler Callas is a great character, both an everyman in a lot of ways but also an outsider in his own society because of his family and his unique circumstances. He has what everyone in his society wants, but he feels trapped by it. When he runs away from it to join the military, he finds a home with the Marines, but still feels like he doesn’t fit because of where he came from. Then, on Demeter, he’s the ultimate outsider, an off-worlder among the native colonists, with no stake in the battle they’re waging for their lives and home. His struggle to find a place he fits in is a major undercurrent of the book and what elevates it over your average mil-SF war story.
This is a very well written book and if you liked Glory Boy, you’ll be very satisfied with this follow up. So pull up a drink and get started ;)
Author obviously has mil knowledge and expresses mil action well -- rolling off your shot and MC saves his own life with an infantry fundamental , basic used for past few centuries. Movement is life -- solid knowledge n nuances throughout and reader learns weapon, equipment capability as it's used versus the standard classroom w pages of text readers have to go through as they get schooled in these new worlds we get introduced to. Not a fan of the standard break in story, get schooled for pages -- frequently boring techno speak - and back to ...... where exactly were we?
Several issues -- some leaps of credibility here n there and other than MC, can't say you get emotionally involved w anyone else except for one. Maybe spoiler, but characters you get feel for, want to know more but aren't around after a few plus chapters.
Credible, entertaining, relate-able characters, interesting story and interesting 'universe', good tempo throughout. AND..... THANK YOU, AUTHOR! for not dragging us through boot camp, ITR, BITS, AIT, +,+,+.... Genre is overwhelmed w RPG authors using Emery like training authentication of their books.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Fleet
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military > Space Marine