- Paperback: 114 pages
- Publisher: Scarborough House (November 1, 1993)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0812885503
- ISBN-13: 978-0812885507
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.4 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,372,962 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Record and Remember: Tracing Your Roots Through Oral History (New Edition) Paperback – November 1, 1993
Top Customer Reviews
Many useful tips are given in regards to interviewing family members. After covering issues relating specifically to family history collection, broader aspects of oral history are covered. Subsequent chapters cover background research, questioning styles, developing interview outlines, recording equipment, conducting the interview, and what to do with the material after the interview.
Oral history is presented in easy bite size chunks that inspire the reader to believe they can be successful in their own project. Beth Robinson's Oral History Handbook is similar and seems to differ only in regards to depth of information, writing style and use of examples. Record and Remember seems an ideal introduction to the art of oral history within families.