- File Size: 1581 KB
- Print Length: 141 pages
- Publisher: P&P Press (February 27, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 27, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IPONSN4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#331,294 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #580 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Mental Illness
- #1458 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Pathologies
- #3546 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Occult
Recovery and Alien concept Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The author Ronald Coleman, has lived experience of mental health himself- and this book discusses, explains and draws from his personal and professional experience regards the journey of recovery. I am now working as a Social Worker in the mental health field- and this book is my bedrock of my recovery practice. The main concepts that I always remember from this book are:
- Recovery is for everyone
- It is a journey not a destination
- Recovery is not about not having symptoms, but still living a fulling life and achieving your goals
- It is about hope, taking responsibility of one's life, having meaningful social contacts
- Voice hearing ( referred in the medical mode as auditory hallucinations) come from traumatic experiences
- Voices are related to the person's life and try to 'pass on' a message to the individual
- As professionals we can help people to understand the context of their voices, and what they are trying to tell them
- As professionals we need to have high expectations of our clients- society always had low expectations of people with mental health particularly schizophrenia, and we need to challenge that
This list does not give credit to this amazing book about recovery from mental health. It is a must ready for everyone who works in the mental health field, anyone who has family, friends or relatives and anyone who is experiencing mental health problems themselves.
Recovery from mental health is for EVERYONE- and for us professionals working in this field- we need to make sure that we work in recovery based approach and support out clients to start their journey towards recovery.