Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "The Comfy Cone Pet Recovery Collar by All Four Paw..." and save 61% off the $15.20 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.99 shipping
+ $5.08 shipping
All Four Paws, The Comfy Cone Pet Recovery Collar
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.10. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$2.86 (19%)|
- Patented soft cone-shaped e-collar made with foam-backed padded nylon
- Velcro closures for custom fit, reversibility & easy on-off
- Removable plastic stays to add structure when needed
- Water resistant/repellent & easy to wipe clean with soap and water
- Veterinarian tested and approved
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
The Comfy Cone Helps Your Pet Heal...In Comfort!
The Comfy Cone is a soft, cone-shaped e-collar that helps your pets recover from surgeries, procedures, allergies and hot spots in comfort.
At All Four Paws, we’ve designed The Comfy Cone with innovative and practical features that will help your pet recover and heal post-procedure or during allergy flare-ups.
All Comfy Cones are made with foam-backed, padded nylon that is easy to clean and is water-resistant and repellent. The tight gauge of the nylon even prevents cats from getting their claws into the material! The Comfy Cone uses Velcro for tight closures, making it easy to get the cone on and off animals quickly. And the cone can be reversed inside and out, as well as front to back to support shoulder and upper back injuries.
Adjustable, Flexible and Safe
The Comfy Cone comes with three sizing strips that let you adjust the size of the cone for a secure fit. Along with the sizing strips, each cone comes with removable plastic stays that let you determine how structured the cone should be for your pet. Remove the stays for a more flexible cone and keep them in for firmer structure, like when a pet has had eye surgery. Once the stays are removed, the Comfy Cone can even be folded back for added freedom while eating and drinking or when checking wounds and irritations. All Comfy Cones have a reflective edge for safety and elastic loops at the neck to thread your pet’s collar through.
It’s perfect to use during recovery as well as during playtime at home or at the park!
Patented soft cone-shaped e-collar.
Foam-backed padded nylon.
Velcro closures for custom fit and easy on-off.
Water resistant & repellent.
Easy to wipe clean with soap and water.
Reflective binding for safety.
Loops at neck to securely thread pet’s collar through.
Removable plastic stays to add structure when needed.
Reversible, inside-out and front-to-back.
Veterinarian tested and approved.
Works for dogs, cats and other small mammals.
Let your pet heal comfortably with the Comfy Cone, a soft, comfortable e-collar that doesn’t get in his way when he wants to eat, drink, or pass through the doggie door. Nylon fabric is laminated onto .5-inch foam that is soft and yielding, but still sturdy and protective. It’s lighter and more comfortable than normal plastic e-collars and it can be easily folded back to check your pet’s wounds. Elastic loops thread through his own collar to keep it from falling or pulling off, and Velcro closures and tabs let you adjust the size and easily secure it around your pet’s head. Unique reflective binding helps protect your pet during nighttime walks. Resists and repels water, and easily wipes and dries clean. Reversible, in case one side gets dirty. Folds flat for easy storage. Small Comfy Cone ideal for pets with necks measuring 10 to 14 inches around and 5.5 inches from neck to snout, including Maltese, Yorkies, and large cats. Tested and approved by veterinarians.
|Comfy Cone Size||Neck to Snout Length||Neck Circumference Size||Recommended Animal|
|XSmall||11 cm/4.25 inches||9 3/4 in - 12 1/2 in||Chihuahua sized dogs, cats, & kittens|
|Small||14 cm/5.5 inches||10 in - 14 in||Maltese, Yorkies, larger cats|
|Small-Long||20 cm/8 inches||10 in - 14 in||Dachshund, Jack Russells, Italian Greyhounds|
|Medium||20 cm/8 inches||12 in - 15 in||French Bulldog, etc.|
|Large||25 cm/10 inches||14 in - 22 in||Boxer, American Bulldog, Australian Shepherds|
|Medium-Extra Long||30 cm/12 inches||12 in - 15 in||Greyhounds, Standard Poodles|
|XLarge||30 cm/12 inches||21 in - 25 in||Golden Retriever’s & German Shepherd's|
|XXLarge||36.5 cm/14.5 inches||20 in- 27 in||Great Pyrenees, Great Danes, Shepherds & Ridgebacks (with longer snouts)|
Size: X-Small 11 cm | Color: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
This item The Comfy Cone Pet Recovery Collar by All Four Paws, X-Small, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$2.50||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Petoga Couture||Biwin Inc.||Amazon.com||Vivifying Direct|
|Color||Black||Blue||Brown - Lion||Blue||Black||Light Blue|
|Size||X-Small 11 cm||X-Small||XS||S||X-Small||M|
Top customer reviews
While our pup has used the inflatable travel pillow-like "cone, but not a cone" in the past, because of the spot where he was licking that the travel pillow wouldn't block, we knew he needed a real cone this time. Our dog LOVES sleeping in very human-like poses - on his back, resting in a pillow, passed out in a seated position in front of the TV - so we knew that a hard cone wouldn't work well for him.
While he didn't love it when we put on the comfy cone, he didn't hate it. He had no problems sleeping with it at all and it did the job to protect him. He could kind of eat and drink with it on (the struggle was very real), but the sleeping and protection made it totally worth it for us and him.
Our dog occasionally buries his food and water first with his imagination, which was kind of a hilarious dump truck-like disaster sometimes with the cone. It made his cone smell like dog food and he got a questionable amount of food into his mouth because he's not very good at negotiating angles or figuring out alternate routes in general. It's definitely possible to eat with the comfy cone on because he did it many times over the course of the month looking like a possessed and hungry funnel, but your mileage may vary.
In dog world, I think of the cone like a medical device. The relative rating is more about the function than anything. For people, if you broke your arm and got a cast, it'd be tough to ever give a cast 5 stars because you're pretty annoyed the whole time, but if it did the job like it was supposed to and did it well in a sucky situation, that's pretty much a 5 star product. That's how we thought of the comfy cone.
I think this is a great product overall, but here are some of the key points that I can think of:
- Because we attach our leash to our dog's collar, we didn't weave his collar through the cone. It was a lot faster and more reasonable to velcro it around his head separately from his collar.
- We only had our dog wear his comfy cone in the house. Because it's so opaque, it was pretty disorienting for him to wear on walks and made him walk really weird. We gave up on that very quickly. Luckily, it only takes a second to take this off and put it back on.
- Easy to put on and take off your dog's head using the velcro. It's seriously simple, even if you don't weave it through your dog's collar.
- Velcro is a lot more secure than you'd think. Our pup only wriggled himself out of the cone one time in a month, which was probably because we put it on too loosely.
- Dogs can really sleep with in it on. Our guy really didn't care. He passed out like a little portable satellite dish .
- Material doesn't scratch the dog's neck.
- Protects really well as long as your dog doesn't have a really long nose.
- Pretty easy to store. We went on a trip and had to bring the comfy cone with us - no big deal.
- Outer material on edge is a little reflective. We didn't really have our guy wear his cone outside after the first couple days, but it was kind of cool to see.
- If you get a medium size and up, you can wear it on your neck and make some funny jokes. Your dog will appreciate the shared experience.
NOT SO GOOD STUFF
- Dogs are not big fans of the velcro sound. We went with the band-aid "TEAR IT OFF AS FAST AS YOU CAN" method instead of drawing out the sounds for best results.
- Because it's made of similar material to a winter jacket, it will pick up about 25% of smells. Our pup is pretty stinky and the cone didn't get really bad. However, if you have your dog wear the cone on walks, it will probably get stinky because the cone will be all up in the dirt, brushing up on plants with pee on them, etc.
- Because it's opaque, your dog has no peripheral vision. There will be some disorientation in the beginning, but our guy calmed down pretty fast.
- Like any cone, if you crate your dog, it will be an adventure for them to get in wearing this comfy cone.
- If you have a lot of stairs or doggy stairs in your house, there will be some missteps where your dog hits his face on the stairs and gets really discouraged.
- Like any cone, eating may be a mess.
- It's not a perfect circle. Ours would sometimes end up as a triangle, sometimes a square, but it always did the job!
For post-surgery, due to the massive incision, I looked for an alternative to hard plastic e-collars and found the Comfy Cone. It works quite well and I am extremely pleased. The only slight issue is that due to the weight of the buckle on his collar, the top where the sides of the Comfy Collar meet, tend to slip down under his chin. Other than that, Hunter barely seems to notice the Comfy Cone and sleeps quite comfortably with it in place.
HERE ARE SOME RECOMMENDATIONS: Before using, (1) position the Comfy Cone so that it is open and under your pet's chin. Do not close it yet around your pet's face. Allow your pet to sniff and explore the Comfy Cone (2) speak calmly to your pet while introducing the Comfy Cone and anytime you secure it (3) secure it while speaking gently and offering verbal praise to your pet (4) if your pet is resistant, offer a 'high value' treat(small pieces cut up, cooked chicken or hot dogs) only after the Comfy Cone is secured, and (4)frequently take time to reach inside the cone to rub your pet's head & offer praise while the Comfy Cone is on. Any pet will buck and resist the Comfy Cone if you approach them too quickly with a foreign object that obscures their peripheral vision. Make it a pleasant, calm experience and reinforce it with praise.
Most recent customer reviews
- The material is hard enough for your dog don't flip it.Read more