Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on August 5, 2014
I used to treat notebooks like interchangeable commodities, until I realized what a distraction crappy paper is to marathon writing sessions. You know how it is. The ink bleeds through the paper like spilled motor oil. The roller ball dries up and grinds to a halt in the middle of an otherwise enjoyable paragraph; telltale jagged, frustrated scribbles line the margins. So tragic and unnecessary.

The New Leaf is one of the better composition books I've used. Two salient features set it apart from several other inexpensive types: it has a thick, matte cover material that flexes but little, which is good for unsupported writing, and it is populated with smooth, strong paper that is a delight to write on with a Pilot G-2 no. 7 gel pen and a Bic Clic Stic medium point, both decent-performing throwaway pens. In this case, recycled does not mean low-quality. Definitely give it a try if you go through a lot of notebooks.
on April 11, 2012
Durable is the best word to describe this product.

The new Mead composition notebooks are poorly made where the pages are tissue thin and the cardboard cover is thick floppy construction paper.

But this...is solid and sturdy and good for everything from a school supply purchase to personal use such as keeping a journal or diary.

I myself use it as a journal and I won't use any other composition notebook because I want said journal to last years after I'm gone.

I'd complain about the price but it's reasonable and worth it, you get what you pay for.

Thank you for reading my review!

Happy Composition!
on March 25, 2016
A bit pricey but very effective in their intended use! I use one as a journal and several others for class notes while others are on standby. The fact that it's 100% recycled makes this purchase easier to live with and is just great overall! However, the pages would lightly bleed ink if used with gel pens, but not enough to compromise clarity of notes on opposite side of sheet. I'd definitely recommend this product!
on October 6, 2011
I really appreciated being able to find a college-ruled composition book. And I love even more that it's recycled (I recycle and like to buy recycled products). The cover is a sturdy cardboard that's resistant to bending and creasing, and the black strip down the side is also firmly attached. I used this notebook last year for NaNoWriMo and it survived being written in daily and being carried around everywhere with me (including often being stuffed in my purse).

There was some show-through when using a roller ball or gel pen, but not to the point where I couldn't use both sides of the page. I'm planning to stock up on a few more just to have on hand.

Update (10/3/12):

Though I still really like this notebook, it has tripled in price from when I first purchased it for $2.49. I'll be choosing something else for my NaNoWriMo exploits this year.
on May 22, 2011
I try pretty hard to be an environmentalist, so really I probably would have bought this notebook no matter what. However it turns out that it's a really tough notebook, I usually rip the pages of regular composite notebooks due to vigorous erasing with my staedtler but these recycled pages have taken the abuse like a champ. I've also used them through a chem and math class which require excessive page turning, fumbling and frantic notes and I have to say this is the best notebook I've ever used, eco green or not!
on October 3, 2015
I've been an avid journal writer since I was a teenager and collect composition notebooks, as they're my notebook of choice. This is exactly like standard comp. books in terms of size, feel, look, everything, but it makes me feel better knowing it's made from entirely recycled paper. So I get to keep writing, while killing a few less trees! Everyone wins!
on September 24, 2015
I love the exterior design of this notebook - it looks great in person, impressive. I love that it's made from recycled materials. However, the pages are a bit thin and as a result I'm going back to using the Decomposition notebooks. I was hoping to find a cheaper equivalent.
on October 17, 2015
It's paper! It's recycled! It's a composition book with a neat little leaf pattern that reminds me of 8th grade science class!
Paper stays in, holds up well, cover is sturdy. Worth the tiny amount of dough you will throw at amazon to buy it.
on June 5, 2015
This is the best compbook I have ever owned up to date, and I have owned a lot of compbooks as a student. I would HIGHLY recommend this book. Also, it's original and different. You will never see people around you with a compbook as wonderful and conventional as this one.
on September 14, 2014
Well-bound and worth a bit more for recycled paper to me. Only thing keeping it from five stars is the pages aren't perforated so I can't easily tear out a page of notes and three-hole punch it to store in a binder.