Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Red vs. Blue The Blood Gulch Chronicles: The First Five Seasons
Format: DVD|Change

on February 26, 2014
If you are a fan of Halo video games, or a fan of Red Vs. Blue, or both; then I highly recommend this series to you. It's funnier then heck, (Gotta love Caboose), and if you pay attention it has a nice story line. It isn't just a bunch of guys messing around on Halo and throwing it on Youtube.

If you watch their series on the Roosterteeth Website, then you might like this little fact: YOu can watch an entire season is a movie style format if you buy these DVDs. I've taken to just buying each season as they hit DVD (And they are also on Blu-Ray for the newer seasons). So what are you waiting for?! Add to your cart and have a field day with em'!
on June 14, 2011
In honor of Red vs Blue Season 9 starting tonight, I'll give people reasons to experience the beginning. This set is remastered, and it looks amazing. I remember when it was shot in a super letterboxed screen and the little reticule in the middle, but series reminds me of a movie rather than a web series. The hours the guys spent recreating each screen definitely paid off. The dialogue of this show is the meat and potatoes of the show, (with action scenes sprinkled throughout the journey.) Every character has hilarious lines, even minor characters like Wyoming, Junior, Sister, Vic, even Vic's answering machine to name a few. Also everyone has had awesome moments throughout the series, anyone remember Donut's surprisingly good grenade throw? Or inside Caboose's reality challenged mind? The bickering relationships between all the characters are spectacular. Sarge, Grif, Simmons and Donut may hate each other, but to them there's nothing worse a Blue soldier, and same goes for the Blues.

The plot is a little odd near the end, but it they make it work. The Blood Gulch Chronicles has comedy more as it's priority, where Recollection balanced comedy and a deeper integrated plot. Blood Gulch is where everything started, and is where old and new fans can enjoy all the crazy shenanigans in one place.
on May 10, 2012
I won't go into WHAT Red vs Blue is because there is a very large chance that you already know about it and have decided to add it to your DVD collection. Good move, sir (or madam).

The opening sequence of each episode has been removed, in lieu of just one opening sequence at the very beginning, essentially turning the episodes into one long running movie, averaging about 100 minutes per season. The quality of the videos are excellent, and they did some minor tweaking on the first season that may have not been available at the startup, such as editing out the 'aiming reticule' and cleaning up some of the dialogue where the tinny gave off a semi-garbled effect, which was originally due to some of the voice actors adding their dialogue by PHONE! Those facts, as well as MANY others are included in the MASSIVE bonus features on this collection. Seriously...a lot of Bonus Features.

The guys at Rooster Teeth did it right the first time, making these DVD's the 'essential collections' right out of the box, so you're not missing anything...every short, every PSA, and every behind the scenes is included on each disc, adding hours of enjoyment to The Blood Gulch Chronicles.

If you don't own ANY of Red vs Blue on DVD, I highly suggest this is the route you take as opposed to buying each disc, unless you like having all the different cases for each season (which is actually pretty cool too!).

My advice, chuck out the few bucks and have some laughs with this hilarious, multiple award-winning machinima masterpiece!
on December 17, 2010
Red vs blue has a special place in my heart. The problem was that I couldn't comfortably watch it on my shiny new HDTV without the feeling that i'm looking at it through a rear-view mirror. The 'old' DVDs I have weren't only letterboxed from the limitations they encountered with the original Halo engine on the Xbox, but also the dvds themselves weren't formatted for widescreen viewing. Thankfully, they went back and remastered the whole series for modern HD veiwing. Scene-for-scene, they painstakingly reshot every scene to the letter. The first thing I noticed was the shiny new high-resolution picture (i'm assuming they used the PC version.) After that, I saw that the head movements were more in sync with the voice acting (not the other way around, they didn't re-capture any of the voices).
After I watched the seasons, I got curious about the special features. Did they remaster the PSAs? Well, sort of. They stretched them to fit the 720x480 aspect ratio, and they centered the image between the top and bottom of the screen. It made the PSAs at least viewable on my TV, but not as shiny as the main series. Some of the special features on the 4th disc recieved the same treatment, but the live-action spots and Halo 3 features (such as the Grifball demonstration) were left pretty much unaltered.

If you don't already have the first 5 seasons, get this one for sure. If you already have the first box set, get this if you have an HDTV, your eyes will thank you.
on May 12, 2016
I love this show. I watched this for free before I decided that I would buy their DVD just to support this series. I don't buy DVDs often but I had to get this. It's funny and brilliant. The show just gets better and better.
on July 22, 2017
Love it! "Bow chicka wow wow"~Tucker
on December 20, 2012
I bought this as a present for my husband, we both love Halo and he liked RvB. I had never seen it before but I was laughing harder than him. These boys have done a great job creating a unique and interesting, but very sarcastic, story in the halo universe. Each character is different from the next and they all bring laughs to every situation. The other thing that I think makes me love RvB is that at no point in any of these stories could I have guessed what they were going to do to solve their problems.

I highly recommend this series for anyone who likes halo and is a fan on witty and random humor. The series is also free online if you want to check it out, but the extra features of the dvd give you a few extra laughs.
on May 18, 2012
Great collection, I would highly recommend to any Halo fan.
This collection has the first 5 seasons, and for the most part EVERY extra they did in that time. This thing is overloaded with extra content, which is why I was drawn to it. There is the season, then about triple the content in extras! Red Vs Blue takes a turn in the story after season 5 (which would have been the end of the series) which may have turned some off if you are looking for just a comedy show, but these first seasons are pure comedic gold!
Head over to Rooster teeth and watch a couple episodes and try out the podcast they do. If you like the podcast then commentary is perfect for you!
The extras just sold it for me above all else, for the price it is worth checking out!
Hope this helps,
RW.
on August 25, 2012
You can go out and find all the episodes for free online, so you are probably asking yourself, "Why would I want to pay money for something I can get for free?" Well for a long time I watched these episodes for free and laughed at the idea of paying for content I can get for free. Then I started listening to the roosterteeth podcast and realized just how funny these guys truly were. I proceeded to purchase this box set and to be frank, it is worth every cent. For the commentary alone it is worth it, but they also have PSAs, bloopers, and deleted scenes. If you want a new take on an amazing series, I would def recommend buying this box set.
on December 1, 2010
Red Vs. Blue the Blood Gulch Chronicles is an amazing online cartoon made through the hit video game Halo. For those fans of the original game and those unfamiliar alike will enjoy this is hilarious comedy by its originality along with its supurb ingenuity. Using the basic physics of the game only, this story spans across worlds to deliver one of the funniest phenomenon this century. You and your friends will be laughing for years to come, quoting and referencing the once in a lifetime lines this work has to offer. For a new adventure one cannot go wrong with Rooster Teeth's "Red Vs. Blue: The Blood Gulch Chronicles"