|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Red Dawn opens with one of the most shocking scenes ever filmed; on a peaceful morning, through the windows of a high school classroom, students see paratroopers land on the varsity football field: the invasion of the United States has begun! As their town is overrun by foreign nationals, eight teenagers escape to the mountains. Taking the name of their high school football team, the Wolverines, they wage unremitting guerrilla warfare in defense of their parents, their friends and their country. Powerful, chilling and absolutely gripping, this outstanding film features some of today's most popular stars, including Patrick Swayze (Ghost), Charlie Sheen (Platoon), C. Thomas Howell (The Hitcher), Lea Thompson ("Caroline in the City"), Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing) and veteran actor Harry Dean Stanton (Alien). When it comes to thrilling entertainment, Red Dawn wins the war with a vengeance!
- Audio: English: Stereo 2.0 / Spanish: Mono / French: Stereo
- Language: Dubbed: French & Spanish / Subtitled: French & Spanish
- Theatrical Aspect Ratio: Widescreen: 1.85:1
- Widescreen Feature Film
- Carnage Counter: This feature on the DVD will keep a running tally of violent acts - deaths, bodily injuries, shots fired, etc. - at the top of the screen so that the viewer can keep count as the film plays.
- Special Features:
- Red Daw Rising - a retrospective look at the making of the film.
- Building the Red Menace - what it took to make "World War III"
- Military Training - this piece explores the extensive training that the actors had to go through in order to become convincing guerilla fighters
- WWIII Comes To Town - This piece goes back to Las Vegas, New Mexico and finds out from locals and extras what happened when 'Red Dawn' came and turned their hometown into the fictional town of Calumet, Colorado and the center of World War III.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I always enjoyed Red Dawn. The blu-ray quality of the movie looked nice and have no complaints there. On the other hand I never owned it on VHS or DVD so I can't compare the blu-ray quality to either. The one special feature I watched was also good. Lea Thompson mentioned at one point the interesting fact that Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey actually didn't get along behind the scenes and fought like a brother and sister. Which is funny to think that just a few years later, they starred together in Dirty Dancing.
If you enjoy the movie, I'd recommend getting this.
Most recent customer reviews
You've got a lot of militaristic characteristics being thrown your way...Read more