Top positive review
31 people found this helpful
on February 2, 2011
After finishing Red Dead Redemption main game I wanted more, so I decided to pick a copy of this game at another retailer. This is another full story, related with the original story, but completely different, like in a parallel universe to call it that way. Uncle has become infected with this zombie plague and infected John Marston's wife and kid, so John decides to tie them (wife and kid and not kill them), and leave them locked at home until he finds a cure.
John needs to travel the same RDR world but infested with zombies and help survivors on each town and clear them out, while learning what is causing this plague and how to erradicate it. There is a main story, side quests and more stranger missions. This expansion is tougher than the original RDR because:
1. You cannot fast travel unless you have cleared a town and as long as it remains on a "SAFE" status.
2. Zombies can only be killed with headshots or by burning them with fire. You have very limited ammo, and there are no stores. Dead Eye is very very important on this expansion to survive, to make accurate shots.
3. Unlike RDR where enemies try to shoot you but they protect themselves to not be killed, zombies do not care about getting killed, so all will jump at you. Need to have a horse to move faster than then
4. Survivors really help you to kill them, if you help them. If you shoot at any of the survivors, they will also try to kill you.
5. Great new weapons like the torch and tomahawk
6. Great new horses (4 apocalypse ones), War horse (surrounded by fire) is awesome, because you can burn whatever you touch with it
7. Single player is a whole brand new story (8 to 10 hours to beat). That is the lenght of many other top games available and this is just an expansion.
8. Include all multiplayer maps
9. You can play without the need of having the original RDR disc.
10. Extremely fun and scary at the same time.