Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 251 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 282 reviews
on January 4, 2017
Once upon a time there was a Black and Tan Kelpie named Delilah. Growing up she lived at my buddy's house, where we hung out and threw parties, and she became friends with dozens of people in the community, receiving adoration from all walks of life as more than a dog, but a four-legged human and friend. The woman who primarily cared for her passed away, and she bounced around to various homes with various people she had befriended, including family members and friends who grew up with her. Circumstances grew troubling for her, and I was tasked with finding her a new home. She didn't want any other home than beside me, and we became inseparable. I took her to work when I could, and on camping trips, kayaking adventures, road trips, and even daily errands. After a few years she passed at 14 years old, this past October. It was devastating to me, and to all her friends throughout the community. When I took her in, I had never even heard of a Kelpie, as they're rare in my neck of the woods, and most books don't have so much as a footnote on the breed in the US. Well, now the whole town knows of the breed, and has nothing but fondness for it. I heard about this film and just had to watch it, so I ordered it from Amazon and watched it last night. It was a fantastic family tear jerker, that made me miss my gal Delilah even more. She was no legend like Red Dog, but the similarities made me proud to have known her. If you love four-legged companions, or just enjoy Australian films, this is a must-own. Cheap and shipped quickly, and great special features, I highly recommend this DVD.
review image
on May 1, 2013
Red Dog is a heartwarming and true story of a Kelpie/Cattle dog who lived in the town of Dampier in the Pilbara region of Australia in the 1970's. This takes place during a time when life was free but hard and men came from all over the world to work in the iron ore fields of NW Australia to make money. The towns people convey their stories of how Red Dog effected each of their lives. He had no master, yet he was every man's dog until one day he found his true master, John Stazzonelli. However, this was to be short lived and the story takes you following Red Dog as he goes looking for John. This is how Red Dog got his reputation as the Pilbara Wanderer and known all over Australia. It was even rumored that Red Dog visited Japan.
The story made me laugh and cry. The people of Dampier loved Red Dog so much and felt that he represented the spirit of that area and of that era that after his passing in 1979, they erected a statue to him that can be seen as you enter the town.
Wonderful family entertainment.
on December 6, 2016
As a dog-lover, this is one of my favorite movies. While it's a bit slow to start, this film really makes you care about its characters. It is heartwarming and humorous with plenty of tear-jerking moments. If you're watching it with your dog, you will feel a need to snuggle up a little closer to them afterwards! As a non-dog lover, you can still find things to appreciate in this movie. It is based on a true story and the anecdotes portrayed are sweet and whimsical.
on March 25, 2017
A wonderful story how man's best friend is truly man's best friend. It's in the tradition of Lassie dog lovers and how dogs truly belong by our side.
on March 15, 2017
Love it!
on April 14, 2017
Loved it.
on March 14, 2014
perfect. i have nothing negative to say about this movie, it is a good present, or just good to watch for a date night! lighthearted, a little bittersweet and a must-watch even if you are a guy.
on March 20, 2017
Its an ok movie. Wasn't what I expected.
on June 22, 2016
its a great history! ! I like Josh Lucas!!! im a fin from Chile, Southamerica
on August 14, 2016
Quality okay, movie...hmm okay. (Bought movie because of Josh Lucas, and he is not in the movie long at all.)