- File Size: 1050 KB
- Print Length: 464 pages
- Publisher: Berkley; Reprint edition (December 24, 2008)
- Publication Date: January 6, 2009
- Sold by: Penguin Group (USA) LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001ODEP8U
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #33,195 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $1.00 (10%)
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 464 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $12.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter Book 1)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
It's hard to get the image of Sir Anthony Hopkins out of your head when reading, but it didn't distract or detract me from the story. It plays out much the same as the movie but it is tighter and paced well. The characters are all well drawn and unlike a lot of thrillers in this genre, you actually find yourself rooting for Dr. Lecter...or at least I did! Granted I still wouldn't like to be invited to one of his dinner parties!
If you've never seen the movie, definitely start with the books. If you've already seen the movies, what are you waiting for?
The bottom line: while it lacks the pace, intensity and character development of its sequel, I found the first installment in the Hannibal Lecter series no less engrossing and suspenseful.
If you're a fan of the movies you will love the books. You'll be able to breeze through them, as the plots do not diverge very much, but will gain a much deeper understanding of the characters and the world Thomas Harris created. If you watch the show, you will notice small details from the novels that have been expanded upon or twisted in new ways to make a new but very comparable/compatible story.
If you have no experience with any of the Hannibal Lecter material, I would suggest you start with the books (in published order: Red Dragon, SOTL, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising - which is a prequel about how Hannibal became who he is). Red Dragon and SOTL are classic thriller novels sure to excite anyone who likes the genre. I'm about a quarter of the way through Hannibal right now and I plan to finish off the series.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Serial Killers
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Psychological Thrillers
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Psychological