- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (May 7, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1537217763
- ISBN-13: 978-1537217765
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.6 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 190 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #131,578 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Red: An Erotic Fantasy Paperback – May 7, 2017
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "A delightful, wicked fairytale." -- Smart Bitches, Trashy Books
- "Kinky, well-written, hot as hell." -- Little Red Reading Hood
- "Smart and intriguing." -- NPR
- "The Red is the epitome of smart smut... Gloriously kinky, clutch your pearls, next level filth and it is phenomenal. " -- Scandalicious Book Review
- "Tiffany Reisz at her best." -- Collector of Book Boyfriends
- "[A] best romance of the month." -- Goodreads
- "An exploration, exploitation, and celebration of sex." -- Heroes & Heartbreakers
- "A kinky modern-day fairy tale of lust and need and wonder... The Red kept me up all night." -- GraveTells Romance
- "You can't quite believe what you're reading." -- Lil Maso
- "Filthy." -- Blogger Vivien Olvasókuckója
- "I tossed sleep aside to finish it in a night... This book is worth it." -- No Pithy Phrase
- "No holds barred." -- Sarah Tandy, A Woman and Her Books
- "A supernatural, erotic acid trip. Filthy, sexy, and beautiful." -- Tqwana Brown, 80 Books Blog
- "Unlike anything I've ever read before." -- A Reader Who Reads Blog
From the Inside Flap
Malcolm held up one finger, telling her to sit and wait. She sat. She waited. He walked to her bookshelf and perused the titles, the hand on his chin again like the first night. At last he seemed to find what he was looking for. He pulled a large white book from the shelf and leafed through the pages. Then he returned to her desk, bringing the book with him.
"That," he said, laying the book open on the desk and pointing at a photograph of a painting. "I would like you to wait for me thusly."
The painting in the photograph was one she knew well--Manet's Olympia, a portrait of a young girl, naked, lying on a bed with her head up and staring directly at the viewer. It was an infamous painting, Manet making mockery of the tired old Venus-reclining-on-her-bed trope. Olympia was a prostitute and a shameless one at that. When it was first displayed, the crowds found it so vulgar they wanted to tear it to shreds.
"So I'm to be your Olympia."
"For what I'm paying you, you'll be everything I want you to be."
She looked up at him, met his eyes. For the first time since they met, he touched her. He laid his hand on the side of her face, stroked the arch of her cheekbone with his thumb. Such a large warm hand. She truly believed she would regret making this agreement. But she didn't regret it now.
"You were meant to do this," he said softly. "You'll see."
"Why me?" she asked. "Millions of women in this country, millions in yours...why me?"
"Millions of paintings in this world. Only one Mona Lisa. Billions of women in this world. Only one you, Mona Lisa St. James."
Then he left her in the office, blushing and shivering and undeniably aroused. She'd just agreed to become a prostitute to save her gallery. --This text refers to the Audio CD edition.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 50%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
In this story Mona wants to save her mother's art gallery. She is desperate and deep in debt. Until Malcolm walk in one night and makes her an offer. An offer that would save the gallery but she would have to give him something in return. But what she really loses is her heart. I don't want to say too much to spoil this intricately weaved story. But Malcolm stays true to his word no matter how much he tries or tests Mona.
The erotic element in this story leaves you breathless. You will want more and more like a greedy well pleasured woman. Tiffany builds characters throughout the story endearing you to them the deeper you go and more you read. I love her breaching out into more stories after her Sinners series. Her writing gets better and better. If you've never read Tiffany you need to start and this will give you a sampling of her magical stories. You will desire more from her after each book you read.
His need to dominate. His elaborate fantasies. His ability to bend me to his will and have me love every extreme moment. And I did promise to do anything to save the gallery.......
Alluringly beautiful, art come to life that will leave you HOT one moment, then raw the next. The emotional roller coaster is worth every word. I felt every emotion. And months later I'm still thinking about them. This is not your average erotic fantasy story, it's beyond that. It's fantasy come to life. And the ending was something I didn't see coming.....
I loved every moment.
I just got done reading this book and I'm not sure if I'm happy, sad, annoyed, or angry? So the book does get a good review in unleashing emotions.
I loved the beginning of the story. Loved the authors depiction of the story. Was having a good time with the vivid sexual scenes.
The book lost me with the half man/half bull scene. Can't remember the names of these creatures for the life of me. And then we go into supernatural ghost sex. The book turned on me in the matter of a few chapters.
And now she's marrying her loves grandson? I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. I just expected a different ending. It never explained why he disappeared for long periods of time either. And if he was a ghost couldn't he be with his true loves ghost in a dream world?
Good but unanswered questions. But it's provoking questions so there you go.