Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on August 6, 2012
What I was looking for: hot romance with a Russian submarine captain, a seasoning of thriller/mystery to frame the relationship. Unfortunately the lead characters had no depth, and came off seeming rather silly. After the hook up sex portion of the story, the author meanders off toward a more traditional story line which is, unfortunately, dead boring.

A word about the cover: what is it with current romance covers looking all the same with naked six-packs on display? I guess packaging does reflect contents.
on September 12, 2012
Once again Nina Bruhn has come up with a unusual storyline. A Submarine. The Captain is hot,sexy and makes our American female character always on edge. She can't think straight when he's around her. The suspense in the story keeps you guessing and I wasn't sure untill near the end who the bad guy was. A good romantic thriller
on January 10, 2015
This a great book. Very suspenseful, fast moving read. Shows how much different countries are so much a like in military strategy they are . A great story in a great series about military honor and courage that men and women all have. Even if they are not all out in the field when they do their duty. A very controversial romance, All thrown in together to save each other's countries and love lives. It's a very great story. Bring on some more like those.Can't wait.
on December 23, 2012
I had shied away from reading anything by Ms. Bruhns as I already have a number of favorite authors that I always read - but I am glad to say I have added her to the list. This book revolves around Russian submarines and I find I am learning a great deal about the topic while reading the book - always a plus in a romance as far as I am concerned. I also recommend the other books in this series.
on June 16, 2011
I looked forward to this book so much, because I loved her last series. In this book, I honestly wondered if the same author had written it. Where was the multiple storylines, the easy-to-relate-to characters, the interesting story? This was two people on a submarine, stilted dialogue, even their internal dialogue, and a very boring romance. In her last series I couldn't decide which couple's storyline I liked best, in this one I found the book a chore to finish. I won't be reading the next one in the series.

I'm not sure why I felt that way, because the premise of a Russian submarine captain truly did intruige me. I guess I've just come to expect more from Nina Bruhns.
on June 25, 2016
I always enjoy Nina Bruhns books. This one didn't disappoint. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Has a title but if everything. Sex. Suspicion. Laughter. Danger.
on January 9, 2014
I really liked the premise of the book and the characters. They only thing that bothered me was the fact that the female lead, Julie, was way to naive for a spy, even if it was her first assignment. And the fact that with little prodding she would blab that she was a spy and what her mission was to whoever asked. Who would be stupid enough to do that?
on June 23, 2013
This wasn't a favorite of mine. The set-up with a Russian officer was difficult for me to get into, but I soldiered on. But on top of that - the heroine was just so stupid. Her bosses were stupid, she did stupid things over and over and none of it rang true. I'm afraid she was just too stupid to live. I usually love Nina's work, so I'll keep getting her other books.
on September 11, 2015
Full of action and easy to read. I liked that it incorporated a mystery within the love story. Great book.
on August 19, 2014
This is the best so far guess I just fell in love with the people,waiting for the new one.Need to find out what happened to the one left behind