Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on July 28, 2017
this book was OK but I really couldn't get that interested in the characters, so didn't really care about the solution.
on March 6, 2010
Isabel McNeil is weeks away from marrying the man of her dreams. She is the hottest entertainment lawyer in Chicago thanks to a gentleman tycoon who paved the way for her, and she's full of personality. However, is Izzy capable of handling the reality of her life, as well as she was able to handle the fantasy of it?

I always have a hard time trying to decide just how much of a book to summarize so I tend to do a cliff's note summary because I am not a huge fan of spoilers. This little book is a lot more complex than one might think and I was actually surprised by the ending. Red Hot Lies had the potential to be an *A* read but it got bogged down in the middle with too much set up and not enough action which is why I am glad this is part of a series because I do look forward to meeting up with Izzy again soon.

It's always fun to revisit places of my youth. Chicago was the city of my childhood so it's fun to revisit if only in the literary world.

Izzy McNeil is a smarter version of Stephanie Plum and a more evolved woman. She's insecure and brave and that is a good combination. She is a character who doesn't just let things happen; she makes them happen which I truly enjoyed about her.

The plot was intricate and surprising and although it took a back seat in the middle the resolution was all I needed to forgive that slight indiscretion.
VINE VOICEon July 9, 2009
This is the first book in a new trilogy by Laura Caldwell. I love that the books are coming out once a month instead of once a year, because having met Izzy, I want to keep up with what's happening in her life. She's an attorney at a large firm and her biggest client dies, apparently of a heart attack. When her fiance disappears with what appears to be $30 million belonging to that client, the ride begins. From Chicago to Panama City, Panama [where my son and his wife live.....so fun for me :)], we're treated to all sorts of twists and turns, as she tries to discover what really happened to her client and if she can ever trust her fiance again. Izzy dabbles in some unrelated P.I. work as well, and I can see that being part of the next books. I hope so! All in all, a really great read.
on May 28, 2014
I really enjoyed this book.The characters were very human and multidimensional throughout the book. The plot moves quickly and easily keeps the reader's attention throughout. I really enjoyed the twists and turns of the book. I really could not put down the book.
on May 14, 2014
I'm a fan of Laura Caldwell, and like books written in a series. I look forward to readings in the Izzy McNeil series. I like getting to know the same characters. As far as mystery stories, this is light reading.
on August 4, 2015
Enjoy Laura's books. All good!!!! Characters are like able and I love the twists!!! Can't wait for next one. Thanks
on July 3, 2015
I received the book about two and a half weeks after ordering. I am very pleased with the order
on March 10, 2015
This book is a fun and easy read!
on February 6, 2013
I love both of her styles -chick lit and murder mystery. She writes so well and I love that she uses her real life experience in her Izzy McNeil works.
on March 20, 2011
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Not sure exactly why, but this book just didn't hook me in. Loved the first part of it, then could never really get back into the story. Was interesting enough that I would try another of her novels though.