- Series: Beliefs and Practices of the Indians North of Mexico
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: University of Chicago Press; First Edition edition (September 15, 1972)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0226841677
- ISBN-13: 978-0226841670
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,658,674 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Red Man's Religion: Beliefs and Practices of the Indians North of Mexico First Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Curated Collections of History Books
Browse through handpicked collections of rare, vintage and antiquarian history books. Learn more on AbeBooks.com.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Underhill brings the knowledge of her times together to underline these similarities, but she also gives us an impressive overview of North American tribal religions. As a BIA anthropologist she spent much of her life working with Indians and sharing with other anthropologists what they were learning. Her depth of knowledge for the Southwest is most impressive, but she also was well versed in the religions of other culture areas.
I rate the book with only four stars because it is dated.