Red Sea Fish Pharm ARE11220 Coral Pro Marine Salt for Aquarium, 55-Gallon
|Price:||$43.07 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Coral pro salt is the ideal salt mix for reef aquariums, encouraging accelerated, healthy growth and enhanced vitality of all corals
- All corals build their skeletons by absorbing the major, minor and trace elements that they need from the surrounding water
- Shown that the ratio between calcium/magnesium/carbonates is paramount for the corals to efficiently takes these elements from the water and grow
- Provides the basis for accelerated healthy growth of all soft, LPS and SPS corals and is particularly recommended for growing out SPS coral frags
- Available in 55-gallon pail
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First, mixing couldn't be easier. I typically use exactly 1/2 cup for every 1 gallon of RODI water to achieve the 1.025 salinity my corals crave. RSCP mixes quickly, usually within 30 minutes, and without calcium precipitate found in many other brands. If you find it is leaving a residue then you have mixed for too long. Instructions indicate 30 minutes to *no longer* than 2 hours ... that is spot-on.
Next, RSCP is *natural* and not synthetic and contains about every needed trace element you can think of as well as boosted foundation elements such as calcium, magnesium and carbonates. When mixed properly with 0 TDS RODI water I typically achieve at or near the advertised levels: ~450-500 Ca, ~1350-1400 Mg, ~pH 8.3 and ~K 400.
Finally comes cost. Yes, RSCP is a bit pricier than others but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". Because of its ease of use (I no longer have to prepare water 24 hours in advance of a water change. Now, I begin mixing when I start my maintenance) and elevated levels of foundation and trace elements I no longer have the need to dose additional supplements for regular operation of my reef tank. That in effect saves me quite a few $$ per month.
If you are running FOWLR (fish only with live rock) this is probably not the best mix for you however, for those of us with corals such as SPS, LPS and softies that literally suck the elements out of the water and inverts that crave calcium this mix can't be beat. When visitors ask me, "what's the secret sauce to your reef?, I smile and point at this bucket. (cornie I know!!! But true)
1) Instant Ocean takes about 4 hours to clear up when mixing. Red Sea took about 30 minutes.
2) I mixed the Red Sea using the same recipe I use for Instant Ocean and it's clear it's more concentrated by volume. The amount I use to get 35ppt with Instant Ocean made it about 45ppt with Red Sea. I will be correcting my mixing next time.
3) Red Sea had an immediate and positive effect on both ORP and pH. See attached Apex Graph.
I change about 15% of the water a week in my 29 Biocube. In the attached graph, I changed more like 20% with Red Sea because it was more concentrated than I expected. You can see the immediate positive changes in both pH and ORP.
The fish and coral seem to be doing great (they grew well with Instant Ocean too). I honestly didn't expect there to be such a difference with salt. I'm looking forward to seeing if there is a corresponding improvement in coral growth.
I was a tad disappointed with Amazon's shipping on this bucket - the lid was opened and 1/4 of the salt had leaked into the cardboard box. I notified customer service at once......
Most Recent Customer Reviews
great packaging for storage. creates a really good product. you can reuse the bucket for other bags of salt.Published 3 days ago by Emily M.
This is not 5g buckets. Maybe 1.5 gal. Local purchase was 1/2 price.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I switch between this and reef crystals... both solid choices.Published 1 month ago by chris wagner
This salt has brought my corals back to life. I used instant ocean salt prior and had some tough time with corals. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Vanisher187