Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

96%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on March 11, 2011
I just opened my amazon package 10 minutes ago. Immedidately I was drawn to the one picture book I got on a lark: Red Sings from Treetops. What gorgeous illustrations! WOW! There's almost a magical feel to them, due to a wonderful combination of seemingly simplified, childlike drawings that are actually incredibly complex in their details and in their treatment of background, textures, and color. Realistic representations mix with fanciful ones; backgrounds and large expanses of color, like grass, are treated with whimsical patterns, and shapes are often formed out of collage. It is one of the most beautiful children's books I've ever seen, and I'm a collector.

The story is pleasant and fulfilling, as the author guides the reader through the year via color raher than the usual month approach. The writing itself is innovative as well, utilizing as other reviewers have mentioned poetry that will please little ones with the occasional rhymes, but is never labored. This is the rare children's book that is a treat for adults as well as children, between the instructive and unique approach to the story and the illustrations that are whimsical enough to excite children but that have beauty and complexity to please adults.

I looked through the whole book, but it's just too big of a treat to rush through. I'm looking forward to savoring every page with great pleasure.
on March 3, 2010
Our family loves books. We've been unable to return this one to the library without buying a copy for ourselves. When my 2.5 yr old daughter recites,
"...and
each note drops
like a cherry
into
my
ear,"
her tremendous joy is reason enough to recommend this book to anyone who loves words, loves colors and appreciates the seasons.

The lush illustrations are worthy of a book that speaks in color--a delight!
on April 1, 2013
What a lovely book. Request was for a color description book. This one is beautiful and the descriptions are tactile as well as colorful. Would say it's for an older child, unless like this little girl, it's someone who can't wait to hear you read. Highly recommend.
on August 22, 2015
I bought the book to read to my grandson. I loved it so much, I bought another copy for a close friend to read to hers. The paintings are beautiful and the message is spiritual and insightful and I would wish all children to know this.
on December 14, 2013
I got this as a library book for my son and I fell in love and ordered my own copy. I wish I could fill my walls with huge paintings of the pages! I love the way nature is the star and the message is beauty is in every season. Gorgeous.
on December 2, 2013
Every time my son (3 yrs old) is too wound up at bed time or can't sleep I pull out this book. I enjoy reading it and the poetry has such a calming affect on my son. The illustrations are gorgeous too. Highly recommended!
on April 21, 2015
Beautiful, colorful words, pictures, and verse. Each of your senses will be peaked and blessed - and you'll want to run outside to experience the joy of nature.
on November 19, 2016
Love the artwork in this book!!
on April 14, 2014
I love this book so much, it is more like reading poetry to your little one! The colors of the seasons, the rhythm of the words...pure joy to read!
on October 2, 2013
love this book, and especially the illustrations. my son's not seen art work like this before and he couldn't keep his eyes off the pictures - darting all over the pages.
lovely story, poetic, beautiful, magical, creative, stunning all round.