Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Vinyl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on January 24, 2013
Taylor Swift is very talented artist, but to truly hear her at her best you have to get this album on Vinyl.

I have been buying vinyl for the last 10 years. I own two Technics SL1200MK5s with Ortofon Nightclub needles. Some pressing companies are better than others. I have bought my share of albums released on vinyl in the last few years only to find a few had not used the original recording in the pressing; this defeats the whole purpose of buying vinyl. Taylor Swift's album "Red" is not one of these situations. The vinyl is thick and if there is any range compression it is minimal.

If you are a fan of Taylor Swift and want to truly appreciate her music, buy this album on vinyl. If you do not have a quality turntable & needle, buy yourself one. You will have a hard time going back to listening to CDs, MP3's, or streaming music when you listen to how music was intended to be listened to: on vinyl.
review image
on October 20, 2013
I bought this largely because my kids are in to Taylor Swift. We saw the Red tour this fall and it was a great show...probably the best overall production of perhaps 200 shows I've seen since the early 1980s. Her songwriting is solid and the production on her CDs is not bad. I ordered RED on vinyl because I wanted the kids to use one of our many turntables (we have three currently active in the house, with some in reserve) because I have a large LP collection and would like them to use it more often.

RED did not disappoint. This is the first "new" LP I've purchased in many years (I either buy used or have been buying reissues on high-grade vinyl). It was pressed on heavy vinyl (180gr?), and happily is a double LP so includes all the tracks from the CD. Lyrics are printed inside the gatefold jacket. Sound is excellent...the kids said it was better than the CD, but that may be novelty talking for them. I haven't compared on headphones yet but it sounds *good* even on my office setup with bookshelf speakers.

Highly recommended for TS fans or those looking for new music on vinyl.
on April 5, 2013
I got a free turntable from the dump and bought a few used records mostly just for fun for my daughter to see. She then noticed this album was available on Vinyl so I ordered it for her. She likes the album very much but more importantly we've discovered the impressive sound of vinyl and learned vinyl LP's are still available!

Since then we have bought several LPs and even some better turntables! One thing I've noticed is that the new LPs are much higher quality than the LPs I had back in the 80's.

If you were looking for a review of the music on this LP sorry, this is my daughters music but as I said she likes it very much.

Long live the LP! ;)
on March 12, 2017
Record players were meant for playing older music... I love listening to oldies like Grass Roots and the Beach Boys... I thought I'd like newer music as well, but it isn't the same. Nothing against the songs as I like the mp3s of them, but everything against the medium from which those songs came from.
on June 16, 2015
Great album. My almost 2 year-old has fallen asleep to this album for months. Whenever he is ready for his nap he asks " dance to Taylor? ...dance to Taylor? And we dance until he puts his head on my shoulder and sleeps. It is great to have this available in vinyl. Thank you Taylor fora great album in a cool format. Highly recommended!
on January 1, 2017
This album was such a great album. I'd like to say it was one where she was already kinda leaving Country and turning over to pop. I was super happy when she did, but also sad she left country. Wish she would have kept both. But she is doing amazing with pop.
on December 1, 2014
I have this album in CD form but I figure I would get the vinyl since it is "better" quality.

I'm sure others have said what they thought about the music already. So, I would simply state that this album is great and is made even better by being in vinyl.
on May 13, 2016
THIS IS MY FAV ALBUM OF ALL TIME IM CRYING BC ALL TOO WELL ITS SO PURE AND I JUST
on August 14, 2016
I like the album, but the vinyl disc itself came a little warped. It still plays well but makes a little jumpy noise every time the needle crosses the warped area...
on September 19, 2013
Great album from Swift. In fact one that shows her expertise in her song writing.
Great album alone but I bought the vinyl copy as well and its sound quality trumps the CD version I have!