Red, White, and Black: Rescuing American History from Revisionists and Race Hustlers Hardcover – May 18, 2021
Enhance your purchase
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
About the Author
After working for the National Urban League, Woodson became a research fellow with the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), where he learned effective techniques for self-empowerment. Woodson left AEI in 1981 to create NCNE, a grassroots research and demonstration program emphasizing the importance of empowerment and self-management as effective approaches for ending poverty.
Woodson received a prestigious “Genius Grant” from the MacArthur Foundation in 1990. He sits on the boards of the American Association of Enterprise Zones, the Commission on National and Community Service, and the Commonwealth Foundation. Woodson has also written extensively on issues of poverty and empowerment including his books, Lessons From the Least of These and The Triumphs of Joseph: How Today's Community Healers are Reviving Our Streets and Neighborhoods. Woodson and his wife, Ellen, live in Silver Spring, Maryland. They have three children.
- Publisher : Emancipation Books (May 18, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1642937789
- ISBN-13 : 978-1642937787
- Item Weight : 1.1 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #6,636 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Robert Woodson Sr & Dr. John Sibley Butler by far had the most informative essays. Robert Woodson even talked about the big taboo in America, on the subject of generational poor whites. Dr. Butler dropped the mic on facts about the Black bourgeoisie.
- Carol Swain could have been left out. This is a self-absorbed, angry, bitter Black conservative who bashes diversity and equity after she has directly benefited. In addition plays her "woe is me" liberal academia cannot accept me and that is why I was fired. Apparently self-accountability for her own actions don't apply to her situation. Not to mention this woman used the word "I" at least 100 times or more in one essay...she is completely all about her 5 degrees and appointment at Princeton. Ignoring the fact it took her 5 degrees to accomplish what most white men in academia did with only two degrees. So she plays the misunderstood Black conservative..Black card. Smh and bashing liberals is nothing new. Hermann Cain played that role all the way to his death believing a conspiracy theory about the virus that took his life COVID. Now this woman thinks that she is the only Black person who has ever been poor and somehow managed to find success...or that her story is worth telling in 2021. Now she is spreading a conspiracy theory about reparations.
- John McWhorter and Shelby Steele are still talking about white guilt...yawn! I have not met any white folk today Liberal, Progressive, Conservative or other that feel guilty about anything their forefathers did. They have basically made this up and is a theory only. These folk wonder why most of their audiences are filled with folk who believe 45 actually won the election. There are billionaire Liberals and poor Conservatives. So obviously politics does not truthfully have anything to do with why some achieve and others do not. Yet let them tell it Black people who are poor, is because of liberal policies. Liberalism does not explain generationally poor white Conservatives.
American history does not need rescuing as most people after grade school don't even think about the history of the US or their state as life priorities take hold and Holidays no matter the reason have become good for travel, relaxation or fun. This book will go in the shelf with all the others.