Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on August 22, 2014
I had this pair of shoes for 9 months wearing them once a week on average knowing this is a pair of pretty shoes for dressing. I would expect the shoes to actually built to last, but with the glue failing gradually, I start to wonder if Red Wing can pass the 3 year mark in 2016. If I had to spend excessive amount of money to have them resoled by then, this investment would be a real bad one since $100 each year for a pair of mediocre boots is no worse investment than $300 on one pair. Will upload pictures.
review image
on September 13, 2013
I have worn out two pairs of Timberland chukka boots (review posted) over the last few years, and was looking for a better quality replacement. These shoes fit the bill! I believe they will last years and years. They look great and are very comfortable (after a month of wear). My only negative comment is that due to the stiffness of the soles, driving "touch" is not optimal. Obviously, these are not driving shoes, and I did not expect them to be. I am a Civil Engineer, and need professional looking shoes that hold up to site visits and board meetings. I doubt that better shoes could be found for my requirements.

I will try to remember to post a one-year update on wear and comfort.
on January 20, 2016
My 2nd pair of Beckman Chukkas.
Getting just the right fit is touch in a pair of Red Wing Heritage boots, so I HIGHLY recommend being fitted at a local Red Wing store.
I did this and still got the wrong size when I bought my first pair of Beckman Chukkas 4 years ago. Size 12 never broke in to a good fit on my foot in spite of months of working on my feet for 8 hours a day, five days a week.
So after scouting Amazon for a pair in 13 at the right price I am taking another chance. These will be perfect. Toes have plenty of room to wiggle(THIS IS A MUST) and just enough tightness around the ball-area to have some break-in time ahead of me.
Red Wing Heritage fit is highly personal to each and every pair of feet, and varies from boot-to-boot. Take your time and make the right choice.
The quality on these boots is truly stunning. Built for years and years of daily wear. Worth the investment after careful consideration of which one is right for you.
on February 3, 2014
First, I love this brand; I love the quality, workmanship and materials of which these boots are constructed with. They are however, the most uncomfortable boots I've ever owned (and second most expense). Yes, the leather is stiff and they require you break them in the correct way, but even after wearing them for a couple weeks, conditioning them, etc., the insoles still absolutely butcher my feet. Imagine having a 2x4 taped to you feet, that's about how they feel, if I'm going to be honest. I hate to complain about anything, but these weren't the boots for me at least, and unfortunately I missed the return window by three days! I wish I could return and try another pair of Red Wings, because even though these aren't the right boots for me, and I learned the hard way, It's easy to see how they'll last as long as they do - the construction is phenomenal.
on January 7, 2014
I work in an office setting. We can be pretty casual, but I like to dress up a little. Once a week I will wear these boots with either Jeans or some type of slacks and I will get a compliment on them every time.

I also have a habit of walking home from house parties. I can attest to these things on a 6 mile hike multiple times. They are surprisingly comfortable for a boot without any type of insert.

As for the construction, it seems very well made. I have used mine many times over the last year and with a good boot cream they still look real good. The rubber part of the sole has started to come off a little on the one shoe and the soles in general are beat up, but I have heard I can get these resoled if it every became a problem.

I am starting to look to get a black boot from Red Wing because I have really enjoyed having these. Doesn't hurt that you can tell those hard core patriots that they are American Made
on February 3, 2016
Great looking boots for work.Like them so much I got another pair in black. Sizing for me was pretty accurate. I range (depending on the brand) between a 10 and 10.5. Got these in the 10's and they were perfect. Agreed with some reviewers who said they need a bit of break-in. After about 5 days they were quite comfortable but I definitely needed heavier socks for those 5 days.
on September 24, 2016
These boots feel solid, yet comfortable.
The look good enough for the office and are easy to maintain with a brush and polish. They do not mar easily and when they do it rubs out with polish.
They wear well. Meaning the heel is wearing, but that is how it is designed - soft for grip. The soles appear to be designed to be resoled, unlike many other boots I have purchased.
I recommend them.
I would wear them hiking if they were not so expensive. I may anyway.
on February 5, 2016
These chukkas work with almost any casual outfit. I don't have a lot of stores near me that sell these kinds of footwear so I ordered a bunch of different brands online. The leather and stitching on this pair was super sturdy and appeared to be of higher quality compared to the other boots. The vibram sole adds traction for walking on wet surfaces without looking too bulky. The styling and build of these boots were beautiful but they were a little narrow on my wide feet and I had to send it back. Definitely buy this if it fits you.
on May 22, 2013
I travel a lot for business and I need a boot that is easy to get on and off (airport security) and looks at home in a quarry and an architects office, is made of natural materials so it will breath in the tropics but still be warm enough in snow in Colorado - it's been really hard to find!! Initially I bought a size 10.5 (my normal size) but had to go to an 11 for width. They are still tight in the width but I'm hoping they will wear in. My other feedback (to Redwing) would be they could do with another set of eyelets for lacing a little further up to reduce heal lift and increase ankle support. I know it's a chukka style but this would be more functional. (I may have them put in myself.)
Redwing, make me a 10.5 wide fitting Beckman with 3 holes and I would buy a second pair for sure.
on October 28, 2016
I have worn these shoes for about a year and I am very pleased with the feel and the look. It does take a while to break them in but once you do they fit like a glove. I wear a 10 in Clarks boots and a 9.5 fits me very well, though it can be a tad narrow in the toe. I measured my foot per their size chart so that seems to be accurate. The quality is great and I would buy more from Red Wing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.