Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on December 15, 2014
Depending on socks, how you like your boot to fit, etc. There are a couple ways you can size out this boot. Here is a simple frame of reference for what size I chose. The boots speak for themselves, excellent material, comfortable, time tested, they will last forever. Great for hiking, working the job site or holding up your motorcycle.

My foot measures approximately 11 and 2/4th inches. I wear:
11.5 Johnston & Murphy
11 in Nike
11 in Vans
on March 8, 2017
These are great looking boots. I own three pairs of red wing heritage boots and trust me you want to go one FULL size down from what you normally where in a tennis shoe. Boot sizes among brands seem to be fairly inconsistent. But I where a 10 in Nike and I wear a 9 in red wing and they fit perfect even with a medium/heavy weight sock. They will stretch over time and give a more custom fit to your foot (that's what you want with these). My first pair of red wings I only sized down 1/2 and although they do fit, it is not the best fit... Just trust me here! These boots look great in the rough and tough, you can't get your foot in unless you unlace the top eyelets (I expected this not a big deal to me) will probably take a few days of wear to break in, fit great, look fantastic!
review image review image review image
on February 7, 2017
Love these heritage 6" round boots. They are better then iron rangers. Less heavy, and way more comfortable. And cheaper. I own two pairs of iron rangers and they took forever to break in. And are still stiff and the sole is hard as a rock. These 6" heritage boots have a rubber sole with actual traction and the leather is the same quality. Same construction. Even same foot last mold that makes the rangers. Love them. Buy them!!!
review image review image
on November 8, 2015
It took a couple of days to break these tough boots in, but after getting them wet, and just wearing them, they have become very comfortable, I have a Red Wing slip in insole in them.
review image
on September 4, 2013
First let me say that I wear my hiking boots everywhere, store, walking through town, taking kids to bus stop, hiking, dog park, everywhere. I am not a steel worker, lumberjack, carpenter, survivalist, or any other "rugged" type worker. What I am is a military vet, dad, and regular guy who is tired of needing new boots every year. I was doing my yearly boot shopping, looking for a nice pair of hiking, walking, daily use boots. I was replacing a pair of Columbias. I seem to have to replace my boots every year or so, and this year is no different! While shopping, I realized that when I was in still in the Army, I would wear one pair of boots, the old quality leather Cocoran II, not these new canvas boots, and my leather jump boots lasted me years! I would beat those boots up badly, and they would keep going. Now as a civilian, I am much easier on a pair of boots, but I seem to need to replace them yearly. I would laugh at spending too much on a pair of Columbia, or Teva hiking boots, and I would look like I was heading to the trails no matter what i was doing. So I decided to splurge on a pair of red Wings!

I normally wear a size 10.5 regular width boots. After doing some research, I found that most people recommend ordering a size down when it comes to Red Wing. I ended up ordering a 10D knowing that if they did not fit, Amazon had a good return policy. the 10D boots fit like a glove! Perfect fit. I got the Briar oil slick ones, they are a nice brown color. I was a little dismayed at the look of the brown leather and the tan foam sole. After wearing them around for a few minutes, I grew to kinda like the contrast in colors, they still have that brand new boot look, but over time, the bright sole will fade and the contrast of colors will be less.

First thing I did after making sure the boots fit was to heat my oven to 150 degrees. I applied a coat of Obenauf's LP (I ordered a 4oz tub with my boot order), turned the oven off once it hit 150, and them put my new Obenauf's coated boots in the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 min I took the boots out, put them on immediately, laced them up on my feet, and wore them around the house for the rest of the night, about 5 hours. The leather was extremely soft and pliable when they first came out of the oven and for the first 15 minutes or so, they felt too big on my feet. As the leather cooled, it became less pliable, and they felt tighter on my feet. After a few hours, they were totally cooled, the leather was the same flexibility as when the boots were in the box, but they fit my feet perfectly. The next day i walked my kids to the bus stop and there was no rubbing, no movement in the heel, the boots just fit well. The Obenauf's LP is great. the LP didn't change the shade of the boot, but it did make the color look deeper, if that makes any sense.

Now I am on day 4 of wearing these boots. I am in love. They are extremely comfortable, fit well, and they look so much better than hiking boots when I go out. I know red Wings are the "in" style in some places right now, but that's not why I bought them. Sure, it's nice to have stylish boots, but I live overseas, and these boots are most certainly NOT the style where i live. I got them because of the Red Wing reputation for quality, the fact that these boots CAN be resoled, and they look good in jeans, khakis, cargos, whatever.

Probably the 2 nicest things about these boots are: First, these boots seem and feel like they will outlast me. Second, is that great MADE IN THE USA tag sewed on the leather upper! As you can tell from my review, I LOVE THESE BOOTS! I would without hesitation recommend these boots to anyone.
on April 5, 2016
Great boots. Like any well made boot, they took 2 weeks to break in. The break in will go well if you understand you should wear a nice thick pair of socks during the break in period. leather is awesome. soles are comfortable. i find myself wearing them more than my every day running shoes now they are broke in. also, don't use/buy leather conditioning products. get some coconut oil and work it into the leather a little at a time with your fingertips. it will darken the leather slightly, but works quite well to help soften the leather and provide a little extra moisture. i live in the Sonoran desert, so i find myself doing this every few months to help keep the leather hydrated. be sure to clean them properly before applying the oil though.
on September 6, 2016
Normally wear 12 but wen't with an 11 in the Heritage. After a painful couple weeks, these are now my most comfortable shoes by a long shot. Soles wear out super quick but they're soft and replaceable.
on February 7, 2017
This is my first pair of Red Wings and these are just my first impressions since they only arrived this week.

FIT: Perhaps the most important thing to note (as other reviewers have) is that Red Wing runs *very* large. I'm an 11.5 in pretty much everything and wear a 12 in Asics running shoes. My Red Wing size is 10.5. If you're thinking that's pretty dumb I agree with you.

QUALITY: The leather is very thick and the construction is rugged and functional. My boots are brand new still but I can still see that Red Wings are built to last.

COMFORT: I've worn these boots with Thorlo light hikers as well as marled cotton boot socks and the boots are acceptably comfortable considering how new and stiff the leather is. The internal dimensions keep my feet happy with no rubbing or heel slip. There is no insert or insole and I've read that folks have a variety of solutions. There is a modest amount of arch support but not a lot. It's too soon to say but I'm curious how these will feel after they break in. Sidenote: I prefer a wedge sole because shoes with a heel hurt my lower back after a while. These definitely have less drop overall compared to boots with a stacked heel.

STYLE: I prefer classic style over trendy stuff and the old school, workmanlike look of the Heritage line suits my taste very well. I got the Copper Rough and Tough and the leather takes on a quick distressed look from even a bit of moving around in them. The color is not really as dark as the pic below but it's a good sign for how they'll age I think.

VALUE: This is an interesting question and I'm not gonna pretend to know since I'm new to this brand. I'd be happy to learn that the hype is real and these boots will break in to be the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.. but that's just a hope at this point. I'm glad that these were under two hundred bucks so I can see what all the fuss is about at a lower price than some of their other boots.
review image
on January 7, 2014
The quality on the boots is great, and I love the style. I have a fairly narrow foot. I wear a 10.5 in running shoes like Nike and New Balance. I tried on some Red Wing Iron Rangers locally (local store didn't have the Round Toes) to see how the Red Wing Heritage boots fit before ordering. Most people recommend sizing down which was definitely necessary for me. Even though I'm a 10.5 in Nike, I wear a 9.5 in these Red Wings, and that is allowing for adding my own insole also. I added a Nike insole to these boots to add a little more cushion. Adding an insole is optional, and I decided to add one after hearing of many other people doing that. I have wanted some Red Wings for a while and am glad I ended up liking these so much.
on November 22, 2013
As everyone else has said, definitely do your research in order to get the right fit with these boots. I went to a Red Wing location and had them measure my foot. They said I was a 10D and should size down to a 9.5D. When I got the boots I was a bit concerned about the fit because they seemed to slip a bit, but after wearing them for a few days and really working the leather they are starting to conform to my feet much better. I would also recommend getting the Red Wing insoles as they make the fit more snug and a lot more comfortable. Overall, I would say these boots are of the upmost quality and look damn good. They are a pretty penny, but it feels good to wear a product you know is backed up by the maker and made in the US.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.