Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 132 reviews
on March 8, 2017
These are great looking boots. I own three pairs of red wing heritage boots and trust me you want to go one FULL size down from what you normally where in a tennis shoe. Boot sizes among brands seem to be fairly inconsistent. But I where a 10 in Nike and I wear a 9 in red wing and they fit perfect even with a medium/heavy weight sock. They will stretch over time and give a more custom fit to your foot (that's what you want with these). My first pair of red wings I only sized down 1/2 and although they do fit, it is not the best fit... Just trust me here! These boots look great in the rough and tough, you can't get your foot in unless you unlace the top eyelets (I expected this not a big deal to me) will probably take a few days of wear to break in, fit great, look fantastic!
review image review image review image
on February 7, 2017
Love these heritage 6" round boots. They are better then iron rangers. Less heavy, and way more comfortable. And cheaper. I own two pairs of iron rangers and they took forever to break in. And are still stiff and the sole is hard as a rock. These 6" heritage boots have a rubber sole with actual traction and the leather is the same quality. Same construction. Even same foot last mold that makes the rangers. Love them. Buy them!!!
review image review image
on November 8, 2015
It took a couple of days to break these tough boots in, but after getting them wet, and just wearing them, they have become very comfortable, I have a Red Wing slip in insole in them.
review image
on September 4, 2013
First let me say that I wear my hiking boots everywhere, store, walking through town, taking kids to bus stop, hiking, dog park, everywhere. I am not a steel worker, lumberjack, carpenter, survivalist, or any other "rugged" type worker. What I am is a military vet, dad, and regular guy who is tired of needing new boots every year. I was doing my yearly boot shopping, looking for a nice pair of hiking, walking, daily use boots. I was replacing a pair of Columbias. I seem to have to replace my boots every year or so, and this year is no different! While shopping, I realized that when I was in still in the Army, I would wear one pair of boots, the old quality leather Cocoran II, not these new canvas boots, and my leather jump boots lasted me years! I would beat those boots up badly, and they would keep going. Now as a civilian, I am much easier on a pair of boots, but I seem to need to replace them yearly. I would laugh at spending too much on a pair of Columbia, or Teva hiking boots, and I would look like I was heading to the trails no matter what i was doing. So I decided to splurge on a pair of red Wings!

I normally wear a size 10.5 regular width boots. After doing some research, I found that most people recommend ordering a size down when it comes to Red Wing. I ended up ordering a 10D knowing that if they did not fit, Amazon had a good return policy. the 10D boots fit like a glove! Perfect fit. I got the Briar oil slick ones, they are a nice brown color. I was a little dismayed at the look of the brown leather and the tan foam sole. After wearing them around for a few minutes, I grew to kinda like the contrast in colors, they still have that brand new boot look, but over time, the bright sole will fade and the contrast of colors will be less.

First thing I did after making sure the boots fit was to heat my oven to 150 degrees. I applied a coat of Obenauf's LP (I ordered a 4oz tub with my boot order), turned the oven off once it hit 150, and them put my new Obenauf's coated boots in the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 min I took the boots out, put them on immediately, laced them up on my feet, and wore them around the house for the rest of the night, about 5 hours. The leather was extremely soft and pliable when they first came out of the oven and for the first 15 minutes or so, they felt too big on my feet. As the leather cooled, it became less pliable, and they felt tighter on my feet. After a few hours, they were totally cooled, the leather was the same flexibility as when the boots were in the box, but they fit my feet perfectly. The next day i walked my kids to the bus stop and there was no rubbing, no movement in the heel, the boots just fit well. The Obenauf's LP is great. the LP didn't change the shade of the boot, but it did make the color look deeper, if that makes any sense.

Now I am on day 4 of wearing these boots. I am in love. They are extremely comfortable, fit well, and they look so much better than hiking boots when I go out. I know red Wings are the "in" style in some places right now, but that's not why I bought them. Sure, it's nice to have stylish boots, but I live overseas, and these boots are most certainly NOT the style where i live. I got them because of the Red Wing reputation for quality, the fact that these boots CAN be resoled, and they look good in jeans, khakis, cargos, whatever.

Probably the 2 nicest things about these boots are: First, these boots seem and feel like they will outlast me. Second, is that great MADE IN THE USA tag sewed on the leather upper! As you can tell from my review, I LOVE THESE BOOTS! I would without hesitation recommend these boots to anyone.
on April 5, 2016
Great boots. Like any well made boot, they took 2 weeks to break in. The break in will go well if you understand you should wear a nice thick pair of socks during the break in period. leather is awesome. soles are comfortable. i find myself wearing them more than my every day running shoes now they are broke in. also, don't use/buy leather conditioning products. get some coconut oil and work it into the leather a little at a time with your fingertips. it will darken the leather slightly, but works quite well to help soften the leather and provide a little extra moisture. i live in the Sonoran desert, so i find myself doing this every few months to help keep the leather hydrated. be sure to clean them properly before applying the oil though.
on September 6, 2016
Normally wear 12 but wen't with an 11 in the Heritage. After a painful couple weeks, these are now my most comfortable shoes by a long shot. Soles wear out super quick but they're soft and replaceable.
on June 26, 2017
Cool, unusual Red Wing color. These are authentic. Comfortable with relatively quick break in compared to Iron Rangers.
Narrow sizing but suits me well. Look even better once they get some age and wear on them.
on October 16, 2015
As a comparison for those who are cross-shopping Red Wing Beckmans, the Beckmans have a thick leather insole that is somewhat "hard" at first, matched with a lug sole, and they take some time to mold to your foot. These boots have a greater degree of immediate comfort due to the rubber wedge sole and a slight amount of arch support inserted in the foot bed. This is the better pair of boots for "beating up" in my opinion, whereas I think the Beckmans are better suited for keeping polished up a little more.
on March 9, 2017
need more better price next time, I do not see the big different between Factory Seconds with First Quality, both have a very similar condition, unless the FS has mark on its box, and a hole on its tongue.
review image
on July 28, 2017
These boots do require a break in period.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.