3 Year Asurion Toy Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers drops, spills and cracks and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck with 2.4GHz Radio,Vehicle Battery and Charger Included (1/10 Scale), Red
- Electric Brushed 27T 540 Motor, Four Wheel Drive, High Torque Servo
- Polycarbonate Body, Aluminum Capped Oil Filled Shocks
- Transmission Forward and Reverse. 7.2v 2000mAh NiMh and Charger Included
- 2.4GHz Radio Included. Radio requires 8 AA Batteries (Not Included). Now includes Waterproof Electronics! (ESC, Servo, Receiver)
- Please read the User Manual completely before using the item. Detailed battery information is available on page 6, and the Troubleshooting Guide begins on page 12. Please contact Red Cat Racing for troubleshooting issues & other product working related queries at 602-454-6445 or email@example.com
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Redcat Racing Volcano EPX Electric Truck, Blue/Silver, 1/10 Scale
Redcat Racing Blackout XTE 1/10 Scale Electric Monster Truck with Waterproof Electronics, Silver/Red SUV
Redcat Racing Blackout XTE PRO 1/10 Scale Brushless Electric Monster Truck with Waterproof Electronics, Blue
Traxxas Stampede 4X4: 1/10 Scale 4wd Monster Truck with TQ 2.4GHz Radio, Blue
Redcat Racing Volcano EPX PRO Brushless Electric Truck (1/10 Scale), Black/Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||12.25 x 15.75 x 7.5 in||12.25 x 15.75 x 7.5 in||11 x 17.5 x 5.5 in||11 x 17.5 x 5.5 in||13.39 x 15.63 x 8.94 in||12.25 x 15.75 x 7.5 in|
|Power Source||electric, battery||electric, battery||eletric||eletric||battery||electric, battery|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
2.4GHz Radio Included
- Pistol Grip Radio with Forward and Reverse.
- Steering Trim, Throttle Trim and Steering Dual Rate Adjustments.
- Steering Reverse and Throttle Reverse Switches.
- Over 100 Yard Range
- 10+ Vehicles Can be Run at Same Time Without Interference.
- FCC Approved
1/10 Scale Hobby Grade Monster Truck
Pre-Painted PCV Body
Available in 2 Colors (Blue or Red).
Electronic Speed Controller and Servo are Fully Waterproof.
Rechargeable Battery and Charger Included
NIMH Battery and NIMH Charger included. (Qty 8 AA batteries for Remote Control Not Included).
- Motor Type - Electric Brushed
- Transmission - Forward & Reverse
- Drive System - 4 Wheel Drive
- Length - 400mm
- Width - 310mm
- Height - 185mm
- Wheelbase - 275mm
- Ground Clearence - 30mm
- Shocks - Qty 8 Aluminum Capped Oil Filled
1/10 Scale Monster Truck
Hobby grade with 100% replaceable parts. This is not a toy and should be driven by those 14 years or older.
Full Time 4 Wheel Drive
Climb big hills, kick up some dirt and mud and have better control with a 4 wheel drive monster truck.
Radio and Waterproof Receiver Included
Run 10 or more trucks at the same time. Race your friends with no worries of radio interference.
Ready to Run
Fully Assembled with included truck battery. Just add 8AA batteries for remote and you are ready to go.
Legal DisclaimerIf you think a product is defective, return it at your expense to JJ Customs, LLC. with a COPY of your receipt, complete phone number, e-mail address, and return mailing address. If JJ Customs, LLC. determines it to have manufacturing defects, Associated Electrics, Inc. may, under its sole discretion, fix, replace, or return the part. If you must send parts to JJ Customs, we recommend using a shipper's tracking services. JJ Customs is not responsible for any packages shipped to JJ Customs lost in transit.
Are you ready for an adrenaline explosion? Fast and powerful, the Volcano EPX is equipped with a 27T brushed 540 electric motor, with heat sink, and forward/reverse ESC. Ready to run out of the box, the Volcano EPX is eager to heat up the neighborhood. Complete with battery and charger, this mini Mount St. Helens will rearrange the landscape in seconds!
Shaft driven 4WD provides you with the necessary traction to maneuver the toughest obstacles and the forward/reverse ESC is beneficial in navigating tight spots.
Lightweight plastic chassis, eight aluminum capped oil filled coil over shocks, and independent suspension offer rock solid performance as the soft compound monster truck tires leave disaster in their wave. Fear not! A 2.4GHz radio system and waterproof electronics ensure control, for those who dare to unleash the power of the Volcano!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Sturdy frame and chassis. This thing has been beat up, flipped, jumped... Still going. Just had to perform emergency repairs after my 3 year old rammed it into a wall at full speed. Got it back together and still runs great.
- Good 4-wheel traction. Can take it into a lot of interesting places.
- Transmitter range is long. We've had it running about ~75' from us.
- Cheap charger broke after a few uses. The clips came apart and I had to solder them back. Charger is a trickle charger, so it can take a very long time to charge. Finally replaced it with a Tenergy charger that can charge a 3800mAH battery in under 2 hours. Had to spend another $30 on that.
- ESC failed very soon. The stock ESC seems to be a low end model. I don't know if it burned out, or if moisture got in the switch (not sealed). I picked up a new ESC and installed it with little issue, but there was an extra $20 spent.
- Included 2000mAH battery is only good for 10-20 minutes of use, the 3800mAH battery is double that. I ended up buying two more.
- Parts are hard to source locally. At least in my area. Though not had an issue with replacements online.
I'd buy one of these again. For the price compared to Traxxas, it's a solid bargain. Beware that snobby RC hobbyists will treat you like a second class citizen if you go looking for parts in stores though.
Fun toy. Got it for my sons 7th birthday and I play with it more. Be sure to get a bigger battery. The one it comes with is good for maybe 10 minutes of use and requires a long cycle to charge.
If you are looking for a quality RC vehicle that can be repaired and you want to operate it mainly in the dirt, this is likely an excellent choice; at least I found it to be so. So why did a 62 year old get this anyway? I have a German Shepherd puppy and he can already outrun me so I know I will be needing something to exercise him.
Natural ball drive + remote control vehicle = big chase fun and healthy dog.
Now, I mentioned that I create owner's manuals and I did so for a reason. This doesn't have one. Sure it comes with the usual warnings and some basic help and simple troubleshooting list, but there was NOTHING about the remote control included. Nothing about how to disassemble parts. They tell you that the bearings need lubrication but do not show you where they are actually located except for an exploded parts diagram that you have to sort of figure out on your own. No step-by-step illustrations on even the simplest of tasks like removing a wheel to lube the axle bearings. What size tools? You guess! A 7mm socket, a 1.5 and 2mm hex bit, and a No.1 and 2 Phillips IIRC. Yes they sell a toolkit, but no, it does not come with any tools at all (other than the plug to bind the remote to the receiver in the car, just in case- mine was ready to go when I received it so I did not use it).
Here is an example: The truck ran great at first but on that first day my car began making a gear grinding noise. I diagnosed it as a too-close fit between the pinion and spur gear. They discuss this in the manual and show the motor and drive assembly removed from the vehicle. Unfortunately they do not tell you what tool to use and the one photo shows the motor/gear assembly removed from the truck. So? The illustration is not from this truck and you can make the adjustment to the fit between the gears without removing the assembly if you have the right tools. What tools? Viscious circle here, no?
They tell you to run the antenna up through the roof and they include a plastic tube to keep the antenna wire stiff but there is no hole in the roof and no info on where to punch it. I choose to just bend the tube a bit and leave it under the shell to avoid weakening the body (or poking the puppy).
I went to the Redcat Racing website and looked up the videos on the electric vehicles. A good number of the videos in the electric vehicles area concerning gas vehicles and even the videos on the remote did not show the remote that came with my truck although if you watch through them there is enough generic info that will apply and give some help.
It came with what appears to be shock spring spacers to adjust the spring preload- four thin and four thick spacers. Two problems with that: first, this truck has eight shocks so if you want to use the same size spaces on all of them, sorry.. I stated that I assumed that is what they are. I looked over the parts diagram twice and the upgrade parts and did not see these parts listed nor described anywhere. Thew manual does state that to adjust ride height you move the top spring collar up or down, but it doesn't tell you how to do that either.
Do we see a pattern here? If you are handy with tools and the sort of person that other people come to when something needs repairing, and you are organized enough and careful enough to deal with quite a number of little (dare I say, tiny) parts, you will likely do fine in the long run. I am the kind of person who lives for seeing "Assembly required" on the box. While this truck comes ready to go (once the battery is charged and you supply the 8 AA cells for the remote), repair will be something you should learn, if for no other reason than for maintenance purposes.
OK enough complaining... The good stuff is that this thing is quite tough, particularly compared to the cheap toy-store RC vehicles. The front and rear bumpers really work well (he says with beginner's embarrassment) and it is fast enough to make it not a kid's or beginner's "toy." I was running it in large circles with a wide-open throttle this morning in the dirt and had to stop for the dust cloud it raised. With a fully-charged battery it is good entertainment.
Be aware that the battery it comes with is an 1800mAh pack. The truck's electronics can handle up to a 3600 mAh battery so you will likely want a larger battery right off, so consider that in the price. The little wall-wart charger gets quite warm when at work so I do not know how long that will last.
So, Redcat? You listening? If you need to hire someone to write a real owners manual (and IMO, you certainly do) for repair and maintenance in particular, get in touch. It's what I do!
Great first hobby grade cars. Would buy again, and glad i got these instead of 2wd competitors at this price point.
Truck is great for beginners that want to drive it on rough terrain. If you want more speed I recommend getting the Volcano EPX PRO which has the upgraded brushless motor and LIPO batteries.