Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3-Year Toys Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with $25 deductible
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Redcat Racing Shockwave Nitro Buggy, Blue, 1/10 Scale
|Price:||$174.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$25.00 (13%)|
- This is a NITRO vehicle that requires nitro fuel, glow plug ignitor (recommended 80142a), Qty 12 - AA batteries and nitro vehicle experience is recommended
- 2.67cc (.16) NItro Engine with Pull Start
- 4 Wheel Drive with Single Speed Transmission without reverse
- 2.4GHz Radio Included - Run multiple vehicles at the same time
- For questions, troubleshooting, or warranty contact Redcat Racing at 602-454-6445
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Redcat Shockwave Nitro Buggy
Nitro Fuel, AA Batteries & Nitro Glow Plug Igniter Not Included. 12 AA batteries required. (4 for car & 8 for 2.4GHz Radio.
Pull Start Style .16 Nitro Engine
Motor break-in required.
Read Manual & Watch Nitro RC Vehicle Videos prior to purchase
Some nitro vehicle experience is helpful.
- Motor Type - Nitro 2.67cc Vertex
- Transmission - Single Speed
- Drive System - 4 Wheel Drive
- Length - 400mm
- Width - 250mm
- Height - 160mm
- Chassis Type - 2.5mm 6061 Aluminum
- Wheelbase - 275mm
- Radio System - 2.4GHz
Legal DisclaimerIf you think a product is defective, return it at your expense to JJ Customs, LLC. with a COPY of your receipt, complete phone number, e-mail address, and return mailing address. If JJ Customs, LLC. determines it to have manufacturing defects, Associated Electrics, Inc. may, under its sole discretion, fix, replace, or return the part. If you must send parts to JJ Customs, we recommend using a shipper's tracking services. JJ Customs is not responsible for any packages shipped to JJ Customs lost in transit.
Shockwave 1/10 Scale Nitro Buggy Stun your competition with the bold Shockwave 1/10 scale. While on the track or just bashing around at home, it will handle all your off road 4-wheeled drive adventures with its powerful nitro 2.67cc Vertex engine, aluminum capped shocks, composite disc brakes. Starter kit and fuel required (sold separately).
From the Manufacturer
Stun your competition with the bold Shockwave 1/10 scale. While on the track or just bashing around at home, it will handle all your off road 4wd RC adventures with its powerful nitro 2.67cc Vertex engine, aluminum capped shocks, composite disc brakes and much more. Get started in this exciting hobby with the Shockwave Buggy. Customer care no.: 602-454-6445 or email@example.com
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now, I highly recommend you put loc-tite on the driveshaft coupler links on the drive shafts. The rear coupler came loose on the 2nd tank of gas and I thought I destroyed my diff because the wheels weren't working and neither were the brakes. Ended up taking the whole car apart just to find it was a simple little bolt on the rear coupler. Now I'm having a hard time getting the tune just right, but that's not the cars fault.
- Lot's of fun and AWD to boot.
- Looks cool and the parts seem pretty well made.
- Handles great, radio works great, and it's just a blast to drive.
- Why they didn't put a dab of loctite on the differential coupler hex nuts is beyond me. This needs to be done so the brakes and wheels keep moving. Could be dangerous if the coupler fails and you can't stop the car at wide open throttle.
- Goes through gas like it's leaking - which I expect is just natural for these little cars. They go through a lot of gas.
- I would say that you have to be mechanically inclined when it comes to buying these cars, it'd make life a lot easier when adjusting and replacing parts.
Bottom line - I would definitely recommend this if you like to tinker, have the tools handy (starter kit comes with everything). Be prepared to make adjustments and maybe invest in some beefier parts. I already broke the plastic handle on top which isn't a huge deal, but is annoying.
UPDATE: Got the tune just right and the car is a blast to drive! There were a few loose ends to fix but the car is awesome, highly recommend!
It arrived very fast and and was packaged very well. I read the instructions and started the engine break in. When I first started it, it revved fairly high, so I adjusted. After I made a couple adjustments, I got scared that I may have messed something up so I emailed Redcat. They responded the same day and were extremely helpful. So much, I probably was starting to bother the rep that was helping. His name is Chris. He helped me so much that I also turned around and purchased a Redcat Everest 10 !!! The first thing I wanted to do was turn it into a 4 wheel steering crawler. I emailed Chris, and he again very promptly helped me and walked me through it.
I will be purchasing another Redcat RC once I make up my mind on which one. :)
I have been using 20% nitro and it seems to work great. I will be purchasing a couple 5000mah batteries so I can I rip around for longer etc.
I have taken this apart and put it back together several times. Once because I had to, the other times just because i like to know how things work.
This is a great RC car and it keeps up with and out performs higher dollar RC cars all day long. I did also upgrade the shock oil in it just so it would sit a little more firm. But other then that. This has been a blast!
So from purchase, to driving, to customer service. Redcat Racing has been amazing!
Also there are so many upgrades you can get for these its crazy! You won't be disappointed if you buy this.
Read the instructions, do the engine break in, practice in a large area so you don't smash into the curb at 50mph and you will be fine.
Just got done playing with it at a friends house, this thing is pretty fast, I'm sure its nothing compared to a 2 speed transmission but still plenty fast.
I have already rolled it several times on accident, seems durable enough to take some abuse. Wicked fun